It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are OFFICIALLY insane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I had this article sent to me by my daughter, I know there was a similar thread a while back but I did not find it in my search, I don't believe this article was submitted in that thread.

www.redicecreations.com...

Clinical Manifestations and Diagnosis Anti-Government Phobia is marked by extreme suspiciousness toward government. Onset is acute. Symptoms start almost immediately after a run-in with some agency or institution of the government, or when the patient is introduced to anti-government propaganda, in one form or another, by a self-styled "patriot." Common ways in which this harmful, anti-government propaganda is spread include: books, pamphlets, magazines, newspapers, audiotapes, videotapes, short-wave and conventional radio programs, computer bulletin boards, and various Internet sites.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
ok, so firstly can we get pills for it and secondly can i get time off work???

Lol, this is funny, thanx for sharing!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This part was kind of scary, but it gets even better!

"Spread of the Illness

In the eyes of the so-called "patriots," the relentless drive to indoctrinate others with extremist political beliefs is seen as a righteous and compulsory act to save their "self-destructing" nation. Wildly fantasizing that America can somehow turn back the clock to better times, which in reality never existed, many "patriots" feel obligated to quote constantly from the Declaration of Independence, United States Constitution, Bill of Rights, and the writings of the Founding Fathers. In an ironic twist of fate, when "patriots" expose others to their divisive anti-government propaganda, through their misguided efforts to restore "individual liberty," they are actually infecting them with an extremely contagious mental illness."

Quoted from the same article.

Needless to say, prevention is the first line of defense against any type of illness or disease. Unfortunately, many mental illnesses are genetic in nature and thus can not be prevented. Fortunately, Anti-Government Phobia is non-genetic and thus wholly preventable. From an individual standpoint, the most effective prevention policy is obviously not to allow oneself to become indoctrinated by a self-styled "patriot," preferably by staying as far as possible away from any potentially divisive propaganda. As an added precaution, one should rely exclusively on well-known and reputable sources for news and other information.

I love that last part, about reputable sources for news and other information!

[edit on 7-4-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It can not be over-emphasized that prevention is the key to stopping the spread of Anti-Government Phobia. Once a person is infected, the illness is generally incurable. The only proven treatment is an extended, and often risky, "de-programming" session conducted by qualified professionals, such as the Cult Awareness Network (CAN). Left untreated, chronic symptoms invariably persist throughout the entire lifetime of the patient. Sadly, even the patients themselves realize this horrifying fact and surprisingly, seem apathetic to it. Oddly, they often confuse their symptoms with being "awake." For instance, they have been known to garble gibberish such as "once your awake, you can't go back to sleep." Further research is presently being conducted on the reasons why they rationalize their mental illness in this highly unusual manner.

Once the person is INFECTED???? Geez, come on, I have one more bit to add!

Acknowledgements

The writer wishes to thank the following individuals and organizations for contributing their expertise to this report: Morris Dees of the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), Rick Ross of the Cult Awareness Network (CAN), the United States Justice Department (USJD), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BATF). This study was funded by a grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).

I guess the acknowlegements say it all!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The only insanity here is oozing from the governments pores.

May "their" higher power and those of the media forgive them for publishing such evil and demonic nonsense.

Up is down and down is Up ^

Pray for their souls and their diabolical propaganda.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is from that Ivor E. Tower letter - its been been around for some time. It was actually written by some female doctor. She stated it was a parody and a funny one at that.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KMFNWO
This is from that Ivor E. Tower letter - its been been around for some time. It was actually written by some female doctor. She stated it was a parody and a funny one at that.

Ivor E. Tower, M.D.
Journal of Clinical Psychiatry
Volume 11, series 3, pages 4-5

So she did a parody in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, or was that bit false as well?

I will research it a bit further.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It sounds like someone got involved with some psuedo-radicals and didn't like the way they were treated.

Conspiracy theorists are not the insane ones - little wannabe-anarchist kidiots are.

Unless of course, the individual in question is simply more aware than the norm, in which case it's only natural for him or her to pay attention to those who choose not to accept Government statistics and findings, instead looking for other sources of information (like ATS).

If only those patients had an alternative news website url given to them...

Next they'll start saying that anyone who listens to documents not put forward by state media is delusional.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thanks to EACH of you for the great replies, I did see where it has circulated on a few sites in the past.

Do you believe that the sources acknowleded at the bottom of the page were false as well?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Well we can certainly hope so.... "GULP"

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well apparently it is circulating on myspace now, and the point of a "good hoax" is to influence people's minds and the last thing I need is my daughter trying to hook me up with the "cult awareness network" and giving me meds!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The last time it was discussed we also discussed how parody or not it was still quite dangerous. It was almost as if someone was fishing for a reaction. It very much had a "War of the Worlds" effect. I'm just glad no-one did anything foolish over it. Personally I thought the write up made all the sense in the world and that coming from a "Truther". We thought about how it could assist with the so called "round-up".

Have you seen Bob? Oh he was picked up last nite huh? Yeah that really is some disease isn't it? Well at least now he will get the help he needs.

I worry about write ups like these. And i certainly don't want to give them any ideas, not that they haven't already thought of everything. Oh well.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I had this article sent to me by my daughter, I know there was a similar thread a while back but I did not find it in my search, I don't believe this article was submitted in that thread.

www.redicecreations.com...

Clinical Manifestations and Diagnosis Anti-Government Phobia is marked by extreme suspiciousness toward government. Onset is acute. Symptoms start almost immediately after a run-in with some agency or institution of the government, or when the patient is introduced to anti-government propaganda, in one form or another, by a self-styled "patriot." Common ways in which this harmful, anti-government propaganda is spread include: books, pamphlets, magazines, newspapers, audiotapes, videotapes, short-wave and conventional radio programs, computer bulletin boards, and various Internet sites.

Excuse me, but in case you aren't aware, the very EXISTENCE of this mental condition was fabricated by the perpetrators "in the know".

In other words, if you read between the lines, "anti-government phobia" literally means "if you disagree with us, you're crazy".

So, we are not crazy, but the Elite-controlled system is taking measures to discredit us by claiming that we ARE!

Tell me: Did the political dissidents in the Soviet Union get labeled "crazy" and put into mental institutions because of the beliefs?

THIS IS THE SAME THING!!!

We are NOT crazy, yet they like to CLAIM that we are. An attempt to discredit us! To put us in mental institutions!

Don't let one single piece of disinfo lead you astray. Yes, that is the purpose of disinfo. But DONT let it lead you astray.

P.S. this thread should be moved to the Disinfo forum.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777

Excuse me, but in case you aren't aware, the very EXISTENCE of this mental condition was fabricated by the perpetrators "in the know".

If you are addressing me, the OP, yes of course I expected this was meant as negative propaganda.

What I didn't know was that it was a "hoax" or "joke"

In other words, if you read between the lines, "anti-government phobia" literally means "if you disagree with us, you're crazy".

Yes, I see that quite clearly.

So, we are not crazy, but the Elite-controlled system is taking measures to discredit us by claiming that we ARE!

Very good interpetation!

We are NOT crazy, yet they like to CLAIM that we are. An attempt to discredit us! To put us in mental institutions!

Very much the case.

Don't let one single piece of disinfo lead you astray. Yes, that is the purpose of disinfo. But DONT let it lead you astray.

Sorry if I didn't make my position clear. I didn't believe the information to be true fact, I saw it as an attempt to discredit our attempts to sift through the many things out there to find the truth.

P.S. this thread should be moved to the Disinfo forum.

Firstly I don't believe we have a Disinfo forum do we?

Secondly I was posting to show how it appeared some folks attempt to discredit us, yes indeed!

Thank you for taking the time to reply and express your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It reads almost like some sort of government sanctioned propaganda from the 40's or 50's.

"Johnny here is afflicted with a serious mental illness which causes him to question authority. Certainly this stems from brainwashing by communist groups who are out to enslave Americans and eat our babies"...lol.

Most likely a joke, but I wouldn't be suprised if there are people out there who actually believe this kind of b.s.

And I love the fact that they use the ATF as a credible, non-biased source of information. Good one

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
We are all insane for not believing in our corrupt government!! Let us just sit back and let them do whatever they want on us.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Actually, to anyone with good sense, this "study" would have the reverse effect of the one stated in the article. It encourages the "mental illness" it seems to be against.

Consider John Q. Average. He graduated from the University of (Insert) and took a job with Souther Union Gas Company in 1987, where he has worked ever since. He has 2.4 children and drives a Chevy. Although he makes $79.426.16 a year, his wife has to hold a part time job as a tax consultant just to make ends meet.

Don't you think John has thought that something is seriously wrong somewhere? What 42 year old hasn't had such thoughts, at different points in his life? And now he sees this supposed study about how such thoughts are a symptom of mental illness.

So he now has to think about this "illness", even if he sees this "study" as a fake. So every once in a while, when he has those thoughts of how the government is taxing him too much and doing too little, or some zoning issue in his hometown seems draconian, he'll remember this article, and have to decide again if he's crazy or the world is. And most people chose the world every time, even the truly crazy.

John now is more, not less, inclined to taste the forbidden fruit of rebellion, because he feels a kinship to some of these ideas. He very well might start looking online and elsewhere for these fringe riders, just to see if his own thoughts are normal by comparison.

John is now fully infected, and will grow at the rate and pace proper for his mentality.

I just wish they had known to cite ATS as a source of infection.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Eeeehm hasnt anyone noticed that the writer of the report; a certain mr. Ivor E. Tower reveals that this is a hoax? Ivor E. tower...Ivory Tower? The place where the elite are living?
Really, I would have thought that the intelligence of people here would be above that of easy dupes; I knew this article for a hoax from the moment I saw the name.
But do not take my word for it and think the worst.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
OH my goodness. I don't even know where to start on this one. I'm sure that my Mom is going to be calling me up telling me to go see a professional to cure me of my chronic mental illness.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dervishmadwhirler
Eeeehm hasnt anyone noticed that the writer of the report; a certain mr. Ivor E. Tower reveals that this is a hoax? Ivor E. tower...Ivory Tower? The place where the elite are living?
Really, I would have thought that the intelligence of people here would be above that of easy dupes; I knew this article for a hoax from the moment I saw the name.
But do not take my word for it and think the worst.

The other responses I have gotton on this thread stand alone and do not really require any input on my part, they have communicated their thoughts and facts in a way that are clear and able by most ATS users to be recognized as good input.

But I see this post and I wonder if you even read the whole thread (which wouldn't be hard to do beings it is only one page)

Just do me a favor and read the entire thread again, then read your reply and see if you understand why I choose to respond to your post rather than the other ones that I felt added to the quality of this thread.

My intention isn't to call you out, make you defensive, or even to invite you to feel foolish..............

My intention is to get you to pay closer attention before you jump in with something that was already well covered and understood.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join