It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SouthWest Airlines Doing Martial Law testing Right Now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think you are being a little paranoid.The people in the A column where most likely preferred club card holders and frequent flyer passengers.Plus if you are wondering why you are on a red flag list: A). Someone with the same name as yours may have a criminal background(Airlines do not use Social security numbers only names for background checks for flags).
B).You booked you flight at the last minute....which you stated in your original post.That alone will cause an airline to throw up a red flag on a flyers name.Trust me I know and it was explained to me by an airline personal.
C).You were dressed to sleazy....hehe just kidding about this one.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Hey, if it helps speed up boarding, I'm all for it. I don't think this is any martial law plan in effect. Perhaps their system is rigid, in that once you are assigned a number you can't be reassigned as this would mess up the rest of the assigned numbers.

Having flown recently, I can attest to the cattle drive that one experiences from group boarding. You know the drill, show up at the gate with a couple hundred other passengers. Boarding starts with 1st class, rewards customers, women and small children, business class, group 1 then general boarding by the other groups. Takes about 30 seconds for 150 or so passengers to all try and squeeze into the line despite which group they are assigned. Everyone seems to think they deserve to go before anyone else.

Personally, I like the idea. Wait for your number to be called before being seated. I can see the idea of paying more for a higher number a reality in the near future.

I'm sure everyone here has had to "take a number" at one time or another to avoid chaos. Come on - ever been to the Secretary of State office at noon???

Now, if there really is something to the "flagging" as suggested, then I want to know, but the line up doesn't worry me.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Actually I bought the tickets 3 weeks in advance. I received the second boarding pass about 4 hrs before the flight. Standard suit and tie. Don't forget the second time I asked at check in and at the gate for an A group pass so I could sit up front, and not wait for the whole unloading process. Denied both times with no reason other than they can't.

Good thinking though. They way you dress can get you a flag.

Some one will get the inside soon.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Not surprising at all, not a bit. Just look at it this way fellow Americans. If marshal law is put in place or if the NWO thing even comes real it will be between now and the upcoming elections so just be prepared. Nothing much you can do. Stand up and defend your brothers and sister. When the guy who posted this topic stated the stars and stripes are falling off our great flag, sadly he is right.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
My Wife And I Are Flying Southwest Airlines This Fri. To Visit Our Grandchildren . I will Definitly Watch The Monitors For Any Flagging Incidents that may pop up and will post anything that I encounter that will give us a heads up on what is being discussed on this topic . I hope it is'nt anything but you never know what the PTB have up their sleeves .

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW WALKER
My Wife And I Are Flying Southwest Airlines This Fri. To Visit Our Grandchildren . I will Definitly Watch The Monitors For Any Flagging Incidents that may pop up and will post anything that I encounter that will give us a heads up on what is being discussed on this topic . I hope it is'nt anything but you never know what the PTB have up their sleeves .

Thank You! You can probably do like i did and drop something on the floor for more time but it might just be better to be close up and take a good hard look.

Keep an ear out for the beeps and no beeps and let us know what group you were put in and if/when you noticed anything.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Actually I bought the tickets 3 weeks in advance.

It doesn't matter. If you do an online check-in/curbside as soon as you're allowed (the night before, usually), you'll probably get an A pass. If you don't do anything in advance and show up at the airport after the majority of the other people on the flight, you'll get a C pass.

It's a smart system and I'm happy with it (until I forget to pre-check in and get a C pass). The only way to ease your paranoia is to try it yourself. Book a flight to Roswell and register online as soon as you're allowed. You'll have an A pass, I assure you.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The part about not making sure that the children get to sit with their parents, is the thing that gets me. That is ridiculous. If I had kids, I'd be worried that they could be molested or otherwise messed with. All that needs to happen is for the guy next to the kid to go into the bathroom with the kid; who would know? Add to that, there are unsupervised kids who, without their parents, will cause all sorts of mayhem. Ever sit next to a bratty kid? You'll know how bad it is if you have.

I was a flight attaendant back in the '70's-'80's. There's enough mayhem going on during the boarding process, it doesn't need to be added to. Families always appreciated this service, it made life MUCH easier for them, but it also made the whole boarding process go more easily. When things like CHristmas and THanksgiving are happening, boarding is a nightmare. All the planes are full, due to high traffic, people have Christmas presents they bring on board, so the overhead bins get to overflow. And, people generally have their kids with them during these family holiday times. So, there are more kids. That's going to be a nightmare.

As for the red flag, I don't know what to think. It was a different boarding process and no one was flagged when I worked. I do think the OP has a point in asking what's going on here?

At any rate, it does sound like the OP feels as if they were treated like cattle - am I right about that? Gone are the days when the flight attendants had to act as if the airplane was their living room and passengers were considered guests who should have the very best treatment available. Our govt considers us all suspects until proven innocent; so, anything could be going on with this red flag bit.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
All I can relate is what I saw, and granted I could be way wrong, but the whole point is, if something like this comes up, make other people aware, and try to get to the bottom of things. I wish I knew for certain, but others will look things over too now and report back so that is the best outcome we could hope for.

If this system starts popping up at the other airlines, its important to find the truth early in the game. If its nothing it will be my bad, and we shut er down and move on. What if people knew/suspected and didn't say anything?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Southwest just recently started its Business Select program. You pay more for your ticket, you get first dibs on seats and an inflight cocktail. Maybe the red flag was to mark that you didn't pay extra for the Business Select program and wouldn't be moving to A seating.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

reply to post by stealthyone

Thanks for that link. I don't have any problem with the system. I find it hard to believe I had registered two weeks in advance and got a B group pass when most of the plane was still open, but if you can pay for A group that is fine with me. I arrived for the return trip 4hrs early due to hotel check out time, so it doesn't really hold water. Still its possible so it should be considered.

I Do have a problem with my ticket getting scanned and my record popping up on the screen with a red flag and then seeing I was grouped with others that had a red flag. I have a problem with that. If they are doing it everyone should know.

If they are not doing it and can prove what the software is doing, I will then apologize and ask the thread be pulled.

Until some one can confirm what is going on, you have a warning such as it is.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Illahee]

You may have registered, but you didnt check in. You cant check in until 24 hours before the flight. Your be overly paranoid, 2 hours is not considered early when people will check in the night before so the can go straight to the gate. Its all about how early you check in.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Now this is just speculation on my part but it could be possibly used in helping a per say "Sky Marshall" in some random way the government has it set up....like if for some reason you are randomly filter through a computer linked via the NTSB via through D.O.H.S. and it uses randoms and factors from your last name to your eye color to group you into a more identifiable group. So just for kicks if your last name was close to a "wanted " list name you might be circulated into that group to be in close area seated around a sky marshall who might in return get a text or something before the plane takes off letting him know who might be a possible threat....????i mean unless someone from SW who isn't fond of thier job gets on here and spills the truth we'll never know for sure?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
In this thread and in general, I think people need to take a refresher course on what exactly Martial Law is. Or at least better explain how their post or experience relates to Martial Law....

I'm still trying to figure this thread out

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Read this:
www.usatoday.com...

And this:
www.gcn.com...

Southwest's CTO (Corp Tech Officer) joined TSA to head up its Tech. efforts.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by murkywater
Read this:
www.usatoday.com...

And this:
www.gcn.com...

Southwest's CTO (Corp Tech Officer) joined TSA to head up its Tech. efforts.

Big thanks to you murkywater! I knew that this would gradually leak into the picture.

For the previous reference to Martial law, there must be a system in place to allow all of the corporate employees a way to get home. The rest get rounded up from the B group and bussed away?

Think deeper people how can they just freeze everyone in place and keep any economy at all alive?

SouthWest may just be the testing ground here.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
I think you are being a little paranoid.The people in the A column where most likely preferred club card holders and frequent flyer passengers.Plus if you are wondering why you are on a red flag list: A). Someone with the same name as yours may have a criminal background(Airlines do not use Social security numbers only names for background checks for flags).
B).You booked you flight at the last minute....which you stated in your original post.That alone will cause an airline to throw up a red flag on a flyers name.Trust me I know and it was explained to me by an airline personal.
C).You were dressed to sleazy....hehe just kidding about this one.

SW is not the only airline to do this.... Swiss does it as well.

There are two color codes, red and green. For those that got their boarding pass by scanning their machine readable passport will get a Green Flag in most if not all cases. If you used a booking ref. number then or flight number then you'll get a RED flag.

This is a security measure that is going into place for many airlines.

You get green if all your info is in the system at the time of boarding.
You get a RED if some or all your info is missing at the time of boarding.

What info are they looking for?

Everything that is on your passport. (Address, Age, Place of birth, destination and if you have any connecting flights.)

The system may not beep if the passenger gets a Green flag.

For those that use their credit card and it matches the name of the person flying will get a Green.

It’s an electronic way of keep track of who is who and going where..

I have seen this system in action with my own eyes. If you travel international and get a RED flag they will hold you back and then enter in all your info from you passport into the flight system and ask of you any connecting flight that may be with another carrier.

The Red flags for domestics at this time are not being fully responded to. I think in the future they will require all info for domestic flights as well.

This system is in place already for many Airlines that fly international, British Airways, Air France, BM, etc.

SW is planning on flying international by 2010. This is the reason why they have this new system in place now.

It's for tracking who is coming in and out of the country. All international Airlines have to abide with providing this data to the government.

Hope this helps all those that are paranoid.
I take it not a lot of ATSers fly internationally.

No need to panic... just do you research. I have worked for several Airlines and Travel Angenices. That's how I know this to be True.

By the way this info is also given to the government as well. (No fly names etc). But I think that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Creo Coactum]

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Creo Coactum]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

reply to post by greeneyedleo

2. I understand they are selling this as a time saver.

3. I do not understand why the flagged persons were lined up in a group other than to cut them off from the rest of the passengers, or close the door and keep them inside away from the plane. If they are dangerous its a good plan. They can't operate the plan properly though if they flagged someone like me. Now they left the guy who would help out outside because they didn't know what they were doing.
I can't say. I don't know. At least if its some evil messed up plan to corral whole groups of people who are unarmed and in a strange place with no defense well I didn't hide it.

OP: Consider your point number 2 above. Consider it very hard.
Chances are .... you're RIGHT!!
If Marshall Law were declared, SW will not be flying planes, public will not be boarding planes, you will have much more than an A or B or C alongside your name to describe your personal situation. The point being, you're paranoid!

Hint for future reference:
George Bush = Bad
Dick Cheney = Bad
Corporatism = Bad
Global Warming = Bad
Paris Hilton = Bad

SW Air Boarding Procedures = Good (they delivered you safely, right?)
Mother Theresa = Good
Composting and Recycling = Good
Bike riding = Good
Focussing on things that really matter
within your sphere of influence = Excellent!!

Illahee, the point I'm making is spend your energy, observation and analytical skills to truly do something positive within your circle, where you can make a difference.
Build a garden in your back yard, ready yourself for the coming storm. Don't waste your time worrying about hypothetical possibilities and situations. There's way more important things to be concerned about right now.

In Peace ...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
Now this is just speculation on my part but it could be possibly used in helping a per say "Sky Marshall" in some random way the government has it set up....like if for some reason you are randomly filter through a computer linked via the NTSB via through D.O.H.S. and it uses randoms and factors from your last name to your eye color to group you into a more identifiable group. So just for kicks if your last name was close to a "wanted " list name you might be circulated into that group to be in close area seated around a sky marshall who might in return get a text or something before the plane takes off letting him know who might be a possible threat....????i mean unless someone from SW who isn't fond of thier job gets on here and spills the truth we'll never know for sure?

That was some outstanding speculation, much better than all the same useless hashing. Starred my friend

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
In this thread and in general, I think people need to take a refresher course on what exactly Martial Law is. Or at least better explain how their post or experience relates to Martial Law....

I'm still trying to figure this thread out

I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen, you have all been identified as possible threat risks by the Department of Homeland Security and will be unable to board todays flight. Please in an orderly fashion follow the men in black uniforms to the relocation facility, and as always thankyou for flying the friendly skies.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by solo32_98

Let me tell you what. the OP asked a question based on an observation (a few here even tried to answer it) Ahem!

If he accidentally uncovered something, then great! If not, so what.

Case in point - Maybe we thwarted an attempt to set off a device in Houston Tx. No way of knowing because it didn't happen = Good

Point is people are paying attention to things and assuring that = Bad, doesn't get away with anything. People are even talking about their observations = Good

IMHO if you see something that rubs you the wrong way ask questions = Good

We have not been in the game for far too long and its time we return to the idea of community, free of persecution and other choice rhetoric.

By the way Global warming is the biggest load of crap

No pity for the NWO!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join