It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machete-wielding teens attack Australian school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Machete-wielding teens attack Australian school

www.alertnet.org

SYDNEY, April 7 (Reuters) - A group of teenagers armed with baseball bats and machetes attacked Australian teachers and students on Monday, injuring 18 people and forcing a high school in Sydney to be locked down, police said.

Five youths barged into the morning assembly at Merrylands High School in south-west Sydney, witnesses said, grabbing students before starting to smash windows at the school.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is horrible, but it also raises this question: Is Machete Control next? I think it proves a point, guns or not people are going to act like maniacs. If there were no machetes they would have used rocks and bricks.

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/4/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I think you are absolutely correct. Guns or machetes, for some reason high school students in Western society are going nuts. I have also heard that violent crime in London has increased since guns were banned, though knives are used now instead.

I hate to throw this into the mix, but keep in mind that the Columbine incident also involved explosives. I think it's only a matter of time before we see that sort of weapon used effectively in an incident like this.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Perhaps there is more to it all than random acts of violence by youths. Maybe these children are being brainwashed and program by their respective governments to perform these violent acts in an effort to install even more draconian weapons laws meant to further disarm their populations.

The Columbine kids were all under psychiatric care at the time of the shootings.. and their suicides were questionable according to the autopsy reports. One of the shooters was found with his pants down around his ankles for some bizarre reason.

I need to take my medicine now..

new topics

top topics

join