It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emerging Surveillance State:Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The Emerging Surveillance State:Ron Paul

www.house.gov

The new FISA bill allows the federal government to compel many more types of companies and individuals to grant the government access to our communications without a warrant. The provisions in the legislation designed to protect Americans from warrantless surveillance are full of loopholes and ambiguities. There is no blanket prohibition against listening in on all American citizens without a warrant.

We have been told that this power to listen in on communications is legal and only targets terrorists. But if what these companies are being compelled to do is legal, why is it necessary to grant them immunity? If what they did in the past was legal and proper, why is it necessary to grant them retroactive immunity?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
FANTASTIC read by Dr. Paul! What the MSM did to this guy, and all of us Americans by shafting him and giving him no coverage, is an absolute CRIME...Here this guy is one of the VERY LAST defenders of the constitution, EXPOSING the criminality that the admin and congress are up to! Notice how this get little to no coverage by the MSM, yet here we have a CONGRESSMAN SAYING IT IS AGAINST CONSTITUTIONAL LAW!

We should remember that former New York governor Eliot Spitzer was brought down by a provision of the PATRIOT Act that required enhanced bank monitoring of certain types of financial transactions. Yet we were told that the PATRIOT Act was needed to catch terrorists, not philanderers. The extraordinary power the government has granted itself to look into our private lives can be used for many purposes unrelated to fighting terrorism. We can even see how expanded federal government surveillance power might be used to do away with political rivals.

The Fourth Amendment to our Constitution requires the government to have a warrant when it wishes to look into the private affairs of individuals. If we are to remain a free society we must defend our rights against any governmental attempt to undermine or bypass the Constitution.

www.house.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well the police/surveillance state is already upon us, it just depends what definition you use for either.

Warrantless wiretaps, speed cameras, passports/ID cards being microchipped, etc etc.

Where do you draw the line between "security" and fascism? I'd say we've crossed it years ago, ever since 9/11.

How about invading 2 sovereign nations, is that enough? Does that classify a country as a 'rogue' state? Countless human rights violations, mercenary forces, etc etc...

I mean seriously, unless you're completely asleep at the wheel, how can any of this not upset you?

How about the Patriot Act 1 & 2, Violent Homegrown terrorism bill, all of Bush's cronies resigning because of scandals.

Its a sad sad world we live in where criminals can run a country into the ground and people still back them up.

I do not have to support the President to be patriotic. I did not vote for him (not to mention he lost both elections) nor did I pledge allegiance to Mr. Bush.

I pledge allegiance to God almighty, not some nation that's fallen from its values and ideals.

DD, you might appreciate this thread on quantum surveillance and this: Fingerprint Scanners Help Companies Track Workers and there's more I just can't find them right now.

The police state has already begun.

I would also recommend checking out privacyinternational.org

Check out these two maps, one from 2006 and the latter from 2007:

The US is now a surveillance state. It wasn't a few years ago probably because they didn't do enough research, but now it is.

Don't worry NSA/CIA I know you're listening. I'm caught on candid camera and I don't give a *&^#@*&$#

[edit on 4/7/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Excellent post as usual biggie. Thanks for putting all that effort into it. I'm sure we'll get the usual crowd of gov-defenders in here telling us what a bunch of idiots Ron Paul and ourselves are, but I agree with you on the surveillance and RFID nonsense already placing us into the police state. I would add in the "free-speech zones" that protestors are now herded into to keep their voices from being heard by TPTB. It all points to a police / Fascist state. When an actual member of congress--one of the last true good ones---and a CONSTITUTIONALIST to boot, speaks up about it---People should be paying attention, because soon it may be too late for us all IMO.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This makes me sad. It is already too late, as the people and media have already sworn off Ron Paul. Even on this forum, the ex Ron Paul supporters are talking about voting Obama as the "lesser of the evils". Makes me sick on a forum where "Deny Ignorance" seems to be the big thing, that members here are ignorant.

Obama will save us from this police state! He will give every illegal free medical! He will give us "change" !! Obama, Obama, Obama....

Depressing.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The FBI has already been caught taking more data than legally allowed, yet not even a slap on the wrist. The ISP's have already been caught giving more data than they were even asked to give, again... grated immunity.

This is fascism, plain and simple. I sadly believe that there will be no improvement and it will only get worse until the entire system collapses.

new topics

top topics

join