It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maasai warriors to run London marathon in car-tire sandals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Link

LONDON (Reuters) - They survive on fresh blood drained from the neck of a living cow, they often run for days and nights on end to find water and their shoes are made from car tires cut up and strapped to their feet.

These guys are just awesome! They give whole new meaning to the term "Human Ability" They are going to run the marathon is sandals made from tires, holding sheilds and spears, and doing it all without taking a drink.

"Back at home we sometimes run for 5 or 6 days, day and night," Isaya, a young warrior clothed in a red robe and adorned with traditional beaded jewelry, told Reuters in an interview. "Twenty-six miles not far."

Unbelievable!!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Interesting.

I'm not sure whether Maasai Warriors give a new meaning to the term "human ability," or our society gives a whole new meaning to the term "human enfeeblement, degradation, and weakness."

Perhaps it's both?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Francis Bacon
Interesting.

I'm not sure whether Maasai Warriors give a new meaning to the term "human ability," or our society gives a whole new meaning to the term "human enfeeblement, degradation, and weakness."

Perhaps it's both?

Great point! I'm afraid I think I have to agree with you. 2 stars.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Great point! I'm afraid I think I have to agree with you. 2 stars.

Most kind, Sir. Thank you.

Here is the Wikipedia entry on the Maasai people, should anyone have further interest in them.

Good day.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
i've met some maasai, ha and jumped with them too. they jump to get pumped up and they jump HIGH. they won't run from a lion but if an elephant is around they take off. i stayed at maasai mara in east Kenya and they tie red cloaks on most of the trees around the camp to fend off the elephant. the more traditional Maasai will not let you take their picture because they believe it takes part of their soul with it. and because the ladies said they didnt feel pretty enough in their work clothes... ha. they are an interesting people and probably one of the most traditional tribes still in east Africa.

new topics

top topics

join