It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Codex Alimentarius (Mandate That Will Starve 3 Billion People to be In Place by 12/31/09)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Here's some more good news.

Soaring price of food 'leads to riots'

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I agree that 'they' are starving people, I know I sometimes get full off burger king, I love burger king, but I usually grab something at the grocery store I work at, my main concern is I am sometimes hungry the food at the grocery store isn't the best. Thats why I look forward to the days when I can eat at home.

My father does buy seeds, I may start looking around Freecycle for more seeds, as people often give seeds for foods away.

It could help.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

We are already being deliberately starved of essential nutrients to the point of debilitating disease and death. Soon, essential nutrients will be made illegal under Napoleonic Code type law, as opposed to Common Law.

I didn't see this in the Codex...could you please point out to me where it says that we are being deliberately deprived of essential nutrients and that these same nutrients will soon be made illegal? Or provide any source to back this up at all?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Honestly, I have been without sleep for a long time, and was not going to do anymore posting here until some sleep had been gotten.... But while searching for something else, I accidently found something that made me think of er.. (threadstarter) and the weird company with the seeds..

It is from 2006, and possibly even unrelated, perhaps another 'Monsanto'.
www.bhopal.net...

Anyone, feel free to delete this if it does not somehow fit into this discussion

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Whoa, covered here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

This company has been doing harm for a long time, and all this Codex stuff is true?

Maybe lack of sleep, again kicking in. But this is probably something huge.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The Clintons might be in on this too...

www.organicconsumers.org...

As if there wasn't already enough reason to not vote for her.

ETA: Bah, I promise I am done now... And quietly stepping away from the ATS...

[edit on 8-4-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thanks for opening this thread. Not many people seem to be very interested in this, across the internet, for some reason. I just found out about Codex Alimentarius 2 weeks ago and I'm still trying to figure it out.

They are trying to ban supplements and herbs, but how does that affect me? I don't use them.
How will this new law deprive the fruit and vegetables that I buy at the grocery store, of vitamins?

I went to the the official Codex A. site and it has pages with lists of food products and their ingredients and guidelines for dosages of all sorts of chemicals and additives.
I can't make any sense of it, maybe a medical/toxoligical expert should look at those values and see if they are within safe boundries.
Any experts here?

www.codexalimentarius.net...#

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by jackinthebox

I have been planting heirloom seed for years.You can save seed stock from year to year.If you have the seeds how can they stop you from growing your own food? www.cooksgarden.com... A good place to find heirloom seeds.

Yes, heirloom seeds are a great idea and I use them, as well. However, they CAN stop you from using them if it's illegal. Monsanto has sued a multitude of small-scale independent farmers for using their seeds from year to year. Here's how it works:

Monsanto sends spies out to farms that have bought their seeds. Which means most of our food comes from GM seeds. Anyway, they're not supposed to use them next year, only for the current year they buy them. They don't produce anything the next year anyway. But Monsanto has successfully sued these farmers for violating their patents and agreements, when they didn't even plant the seeds, they were blown there from neighbor's, etc. There are many cases like this. They probably also have aerial surveillance of some kind as well. But they do find out if you're using them.
It will be the same thing with herbs, I imagine. Stockpile all your herbal seeds as much as you can. Use only heirloom seeds and save them year to year.

The other thing that gets me is that this is already a DONE DEAL. It becomes law on Dec. 31, 2010. That's only 21 months away.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the "heads up". star and flag. bookmark to link. Will look into it. Have read provisions for vitamin and mineral supplements. Will return and reread to understand more fully.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Monsanto has been suing farmers who DID NOT BUY Monsanto seeds, but saved seeds with Monsanto genes that came in pollen from neighboring farms that did buy Monsanto seeds.

ATTENTION LAWYERS: Here is a novel defence that you can use.

WANDERING BULL LAWS: Almost every county in the United States (and I'll bet in Canada) has "WANDERING BULL LAWS" that hold the owner of a bull, boar, stallion, jackass, ram or billy goat responsible if his/her stud wanders and impregnates your cow, sow, mare, jenney, ewe or nanny goat without your permission and forbids him/her to collect a stud fee.

What Monsanto is doing is using the courts to collect stud fees for its wandering pollen.

I would counter sue for damages to my crop, just as I would sue for the unwanted impregnation of my cow, sow etc with a scrub hybred, damaging my breeding program. Further I would demand that the court order him to neuter his wandering stud or add a terminator gene to his seeds so that the pollen could not enter my farm.

It would only be good law to require that for a gene modified seed to be pattened the genome would have to contain in its DNA: 1.) The desired modification. 2.) A fail safe terminator gene that prevents seed production under normal conditionds. 3.) A flourescence gene so that gene modified foods can be easily detected. 4.) An encoded unique DNA pattent number, trademark or ownership statement.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Stock pile vitamins.Grow your own.....food that is.They can only hurt us if we let them!

thats right....Grow Your Own.....how long have we (the hippies) been saying that....

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This is a really scary thought to think that the government is working with companies to cause malnutrition around the world. The only way we can fight back is to revolt. In this case we would have no good food to feed our kids. However there

Here is a website on how to increase the shelf life of vitamins:

Source

Generally speaking, all dietary supplements should be tightly sealed and protected from light. This is usually not a problem since most supplements are sold in opaque plastic or colored jars or bottles.

Minerals

Minerals should be stored in dry, room temperature or cool areas. These include both macrominerals (calcium, chloride, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, sulfur) and trace minerals (boron, cobalt, copper, chromium, iron, iodine, manganese, molybdenum, selenium, silicon, vanadium, zinc) -- including chelated mineral forms.

Vitamins, herbals, and amino acids

Vitamins, herbal remedies (botanicals) and amino acids should be stored in dry, cool areas.

Fatty acids and antioxidants

Fatty acids and antioxidants, including vitamin E and the carotenoids (beta-carotene, xanthins, luteins, etc.), should be stored in dry, cool areas and tightly sealed to protect them from air oxidation. Polyunsaturated oils are especially vulnerable to oxidative damage at room temperature. Thus, store all essential fatty acids in dark bottles in the refrigerator once they are opened.

Other supplements

With all this said and done, the shelf-life of most, if not all, dietary supplements is much longer than the usual period of normal consumption or use. In addition, reputable manufacturers and suppliers conduct aging and shelf-life research and put expiration dates on their labels.

Therefore, simply leaving the dietary supplement in its closed bottle in a closed cupboard for normal periods of use will not cause any loss of potency.

There are other ways of course to get nutrients such as:
NOTE: You need to find clay that has not been contaminated which is a difficult find in North America.
Source

People around the world eat clay, dirt or other pieces of the lithosphere for a variety of reasons. Commonly, it is a traditional cultural activity which takes place during pregnancy, religious ceremonies, or as a remedy for disease. Most people who eat dirt live in Central Africa and the Southern United States. While it is a cultural practice, it also fills a physiological need for nutrients.

In Africa, pregnant and lactating women are able to satisfy the very different nutritional needs of their bodies by eating clay. Often, the clay comes from favored clay pits and it is sold at market in a variety of sizes and with differing content of minerals. After purchase, the clays are stored in a belt-like cloth around the waist and eaten as desired and often without water. The "cravings" in pregnancy for a varied nutritional intake (during pregnancy, the body requires 20% more nutrients and 50% more during lactation) are solved by geophagy.

The clay commonly ingested in Africa contains important nutrients such as: phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, copper, zinc, manganese, and iron.

Another great source for vitamins is Barley Grass. You can stock up on the seeds and the shelf life at 70 degrees is 1.5-3 years. Here is how to grow Barley Grass:

Source

Put barley seeds in water to accelerate germination. After 24 hours, put seeds in soil, in a very large flowerpot (or in a very large and deep tray). Keep the pot in a warm and bright area to stimulate growing and photosynthesis. Water seeds daily. During 14 days, they will grow about 20 cm, 100 grams of seeds producing about 100 grams of grass. Process in a blender 100 - 200 grams of grass + 1/2 liter of water. Filter the juice and dilute it with 1/2 - 1 liter of water (not chlorinated). Plant every week 700-1400 grams of barley seeds, if you consume daily 100-200 grams of grass. Note: Until barley grass grows, you may consume other green juices diluted with water, made from lettuce, spinach and parsley leafs.

These are great ways to get your vitamins and minerals. These are not the only ways, but I thought of Barley Grass because I drink it in my juice after I work out. It is great for you and your body. Sorry just looked at this site and it is great! You all should check it out!!!

Health Freedom USA

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Equinox99]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well, I've still gotten no sleep, at this point (LOL)

But I really just wanted to add, that I do not LIKE most fruits and vegetables. In the 2006 thread they mention tomatoes and corn tasting different. They had more flavour back in the day?? Probably a lot more nutritional value too, no doubt.

I do remember picking still warm from the sun, California cherries. Fresh from the local farmer's orchard. Eat enough of them, and you've got bathroom problems for a couple days. Was hard not to.

My point is, I would prefer a Hot Pocket, candy bar, fast food.. ANYTHING, over those fruits and vegetables. I never understood the appeal to them, honestly.
Does anyone else feel like oranges, watermelon, corn, etc just doesn't have much taste, and isn't very appealing?
Kind of scary now to think of it...

You know, not to brag about being an average unhealthy American, not really overweight or underweight or anything... But even as a kid, fruits and veggies never excited me. Except fresh cherries and nectarines in California.

Am I alone in just finding NO appeal to fruits and vegetables?
Perhaps living in Oregon now makes all the difference, being as California does have weather to make better fruits. Or maybe the fruits ARE losing flavour and nutritional value over the years...
Oh just another rant. This always bothered me. All the talk about how healthy the things are, yet they are not as appealing as they probably should be. Not to mention, expensive these days.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
By the way... Not sure how much this helps anyone, but I've gotten cheap seeds of different sorts from Ebay.
People with their own gardens a lot of times, will spread the wealth by selling some of their seeds to others every year.
I think it is very cool, and convenient. On Ebay, I've seen even many exotic varieties of fruits and stuff.

ETA: typo

[edit on 9-4-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I don't know about you but I love my dosage of fruits, not vegetables but I still have to eat it because it gets cooked and it is good for a healthy diet. You can get vitamins from pills and such, but if Codex goes into effect then those vitamins pills will be banned, and only low dosages are allowed. These are essential to fighting virus's, colds and flu's. I read on that page that more people are turning to vitamins and therefore the pharmaceutical companies are losing money. The agenda is that if this is implemented then more people will become sick and will depend on the pharmacies for their survival.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

The way the economy is going, we will all be poor by then anyway lol... And pharma companies will definitely not get much from us, no matter how sick we are!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

True but they will make people dependent on their drugs. So instead of getting a vitamin boost to help fight virus's they will let you wait until your sick and then you have no choice but to either:

a) Toughen it out
b)have no choice but to buy their medicine
or
c)just die so there is one less mouth to feed.

Look, you may not need all the vitamins but other people depend on these vitamins so they can go to work everyday and not lose money by taking time off.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
And then there's this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Wheelchairs can be abandoned by supplementation.
researchers have found in at least a dozen studies the vitamin D supplementation can make wheel chair bound persons walk again after 6 weeks of supplementation of megadose vitamin d and calcium.
at least 1200 i.u and 1200 mg of calcium daily.
this treatment is cheap and very low risk.
you can take up to 50000 i.u of vitamin d daily.
also falls and hip fractures are reduced."

This breaks my heart when I think of all the good a simple herb or vitamin can do for some people, since they won't be available after 12/31/09. I'm really bummed about this. It's outrageous.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well it's pretty much already here in Oz, the guidelines will have no effect here because vitamin and mineral supplements are already regulated as medicines and not as food.
A few years back I remember a major health food producer here came under fire simply because the supplements they were producing proved to have no health benefits at all. It's very trusting to pop a pill and think your getting your daily dose.

I am fairly health conscious and very skeptical of anything in pill form, the only supplement I take occasionally is omega 3 (fish oil) which you'd probably would want regulated because of mercury concerns.
I grow my own herbs and some veggies/fruit, yep your own supplements right out of the ground in the purest form, nothing beats it.

So I'm cautiously skeptical about some of these claims, health food providers can be just as corrupt as the FDA.

Also, DON'T YOU KNOW YOUR BEING POISONED ALREADY?
(not referring to anyone here). In the last few decades the average westerner's diet has changed significantly, people have never been exposed to so much processed junk like the last couple of generations have.
It's no wonder we are in the midst of a cancer/heart disease/diabetes epidemic.

Growth hormones for livestock and dairy cattle is a concern, I can see how some farmers would be tempted to use them to increase their profits. But that's just the the tip of the iceberg. Imagine the meat your eating being raised on dead cats, dogs, chickens, cattle, sawdust and newspapers.
No I'm not kidding.

WARNING - this may put you off your burgers and fries, don't worry you'll live longer.

Google Video Link

Watch "Fast Food Nation", or better yet, read the book. It may change your life for the better.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by squiz]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by squiz

Well, actually vitamins and herbs are classified as food because of a legislative bill that was passed I believe in 1994.

The Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA, 1994), an American law classifying our supplements and herbs as foods (which can have no upper limit set on their use), was passed by unanimous Congressional consent following massive grass-roots support organized by health food stores. Millions of American activists told Congress, in no uncertain terms:

“Protect nutritional supplements as foods or we will remove you from office”.

Congress listened and carried out the will of the people.

DSHEA appropriately classifies nutritional supplements as foods which can have no upper limits set on their use. DSHEA recognizes that people use nutrients safely to deal with their individually differing needs for nutrients. The concept of biochemical individuality means that people have different needs for nutrients at different times. Are nutrients toxins? No, they are not toxins. They are substances essential to prevent, treat and cure any chronic condition, in differing doses at different times in different people.
Health Freedom USA

However recently that bill has been under attack and if the congress feels that vitamins are toxins they will make a new bill to only give it in low dosages and therefore implement the Codex bill.

DSHEA is under significant legislative attack right now. Your letter-writing is crucial: if the members of Congress know that voting against health freedom means losing their jobs come election time, they will listen. Our job is to make sure they get the message loud and clear. Take action via our 3 easy steps and send personalized emails to Congress right now.

So it is up to everyone to take action and tell their congress about the supplement and herbs being classified as a food. This was called the The Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act which is now under attack!

Here is where it gets interesting, the only president candidate that is speaking against this slap in the face is Ron Paul. Here is what he has to say:
(this was in 2005)

Mr. Speaker, I urge my colleagues to read "Your dietary supplements: Under attack again" by Henry Lamb, which I am inserting into the record. Mr. Lamb explains the threat to American consumers of dietary supplements and American sovereignty by the Codex Alimentarius commission, commonly referred to simply as Codex. The United Nations created Codex to establish international standards for foods and medicines. Just last week, representatives of the United States government agreed to a final version of Codex's standards on dietary supplements which, if implemented in the United States, could drastically reduce Americans' ability to obtain the supplements of their choice. Members of the American bureaucracy may be hoping to achieve via international fiat what they cannot achieve through the domestic law-making process--the power to restrict consumers' access to dietary supplements. American bureaucrats may gain this power if the World Trade Organization, which considers Codex "guidelines" the standard by which all other regulations are judged, decides that our failure to "harmonize" our regulations of dietary supplements to meet Codex's recommendations violates international trading standards! This could occur despite the fact that American consumers do not want to be subjected to the restrictive regulations common in other parts of the world, such as the European Union.
Source

I guess the only right president candidate is the one being censored.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Equinox99]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join