It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Go Penguins

[edit on 5/23/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I agree, Go Penguins! Anybody but Detroit. Although, Detroit has a good team and had a good year. They're deserving as well.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

From the little i watched...

yes..

It looks like detriot could sweap... 4-0 is a hockey beatdown...

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

From the little i watched...

yes..

It looks like detriot could sweap... 4-0 is a hockey beatdown...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Detroit won't sweep anything. They won't even win the series. Every game is important but Game 1 is the least important, especially in the NHL.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Detroit is not going to sweet the Pens, anyone who believes that is likely to happen is deluding themselves. I say it's gonna be the Pens in 6 games..

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Im not a hockey guy... ill admit that right off the back...

I saw a bit of the game, my first time watching Hockey THIS DECADE... so... i admit, i know nothing...

But Detriot is good, and realy experienced...

Dont they have a guy on thier team who won a Stanly Cup, BEFORE Sid the Kid was Born!

Thats crazy...

Too soon fort the PENS, red wings are going to win...

But then again, im not a hockey guy...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Experience only goes so far. Eventually you're going to have to stop the players that are good no matter what. Pittsburgh has quite a few of their own really great players.

I'd say that the NHL playoffs are the most evenly matched of any of the other three major sports. Anything can happen. In 2006, in the Western Conference, the 5, 6, 7 & 8 seeds knocked off the 1, 2, 3 & 4 seeds in the first round. The number 8 seed, the Edmonton Oilers, went all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals.

So, anything can happen, and series' can change quickly.

When I say Detroit won't win anything, I'm really just saying I hope they don't win anything. I know they can win. But all I'm saying is, they play the Best of 7, not the Best of 1, and Pittsburgh is there for a reason too.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Will this year be the most embarrassing finals in history? Will the Pens even score a goal?

The pens just look terrible so far. IMO they should put Crosby, Malkin and Hossa all on the same line just to free up some room for the 2nd and 3rd lines because they have all been shutdown badly so far. I just get a sense that they are starting to believe that they are in over their heads. Down 3-0 late in the 3rd period, "Lets take a stupid penalty in the offensive zone"

Osgood has been good but he hasn't been phenomenal because he hasn't had to be.

Here's to hoping that home ice can light a fire under their rears because they can't afford to do what Dallas did by waiting till they are down 3-0 to start playing decent hockey.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Detroit is playing extremely well defensively. I agree Osgood hasn't had much to do but still steady enough for the two shutouts. In all honesty I think this has been a boring final so far, and not just because Pit hasn't scored yet. Det is playing a stifling brand of hockey.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Glad Pittsburgh pulled out the W tonight, now we got a series. I knew that it would take a little time for them to get over the jitters and play to the level they're capable of.

Not to take anything away from Detroit(even though I don't like them) they did dominate the first two games, not allowing the Pens to even get any type of offensive pressure going.

I just hope that Pittsburgh doesn't play like the Celtics for the whole series or its game over man.(The Celtics can't win on the road in the playoffs for anyone wondering about the reference)

I now call Pittsburgh in 7, because 6 seems unrealistic and I'll admit I did underestimate the Wings.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm so glad Pittsburgh was able to pull out the win last night. Talk about a different team. They had a lot of jump and just to see them with some open ice to work with made all the difference in the world. Crosby had a very good game and it was nice to see the leader lead. I think his inspired play will do a lot for the rest of the team as the series continues.

If the Pens can win game 4 then I see a 7 game series but they are gonna have to steal one in Detroit which may be tough.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

WHAT A GAME!

When Pittsburgh tied it up with seconds to go in the third, and overtime began shortly after, I announced loudly that it would not go ten minutes into overtime without a winner. Too much fire power on either side for this to be a long one. Apparently Marc Andre didn't hear me because that was robbery what he did tonight.

Amazing.

Game #6 in Pittsburgh is going to be intense.

It's 2am and I can finally go to bed.

Goodnight, Canada.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hockey town wins...

Roits in detroit will begin in 10.. 9.. 8... 7...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Roits in detroit will begin in 10.. 9.. 8... 7...

Begin..?

Riots in Detroit will continue in...now...

I hate the Red Wings.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The only way that could've ended any closer is if that puck went in the net at the end. Officially time had expired before Hossa touched it, but man was it close.

I don't like Detroit at all either, but you can't take away the fact that they played a good series, and deserved the victory in my opinion. Man it was hard to right that.

Pittsburgh has nothing to be ashamed about, they played a better series than most thought possible, but they were outmatched all over the ice. It's almost like they were afraid to send more than 1 guy deep in fear of Detroit turning it back the other way on an odd man rush. They are only going to get better. It will be interesting in the off season to see how many of their UFA's they can hold on to.

All in all, it was a great series to watch. I found that all through the playoffs this year, the quality of hockey was high, with the exception of some bungled calls, but the referees are only human, and I can't recall any series that didn't have some blown calls.

Now if only Toronto can pull it together...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kronik98
I found that all through the playoffs this year, the quality of hockey was high, with the exception of some bungled calls, but the referees are only human, and I can't recall any series that didn't have some blown calls.

I thought these playoffs were great, even though the results for my team weren't necessarily that great.

I thought the refs did a great job. I didn't watch every game in every series, but I did watch a lot of games and the officiating was very good. Like you said, there were some bad calls, but thats to be expected. But honestly, I think the NHL has the best officiating of the four major sports. I don't even think its close.

The NBA is plain awful, the NFL is beginning to favor the powerhouse teams and MLB is just too inconsistent. The NHL by far has the best. We can only hope it stays that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join