It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key scientist sure "God particle" will be found soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Key scientist sure "God particle" will be found soon

www.reuters.com

British physicist Peter Higgs said on Monday it should soon be possible to prove the existence of a force which gives mass to the universe and makes life possible -- as he first argued 40 years ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is going to be interesting here in the future...

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The LHC in Cern is under assault by at least two phycisists who filed a lawsuit to stop it, claiming activating the experiment would cause the Earth's destruction.

This has been covered in the MSM, sorry I don't have links...

But, of course, two (admittedly) smart scientists have their opinion, against how many other very smart scientists?

Heck, even some nuclear scientists predicted the first A-bomb test would incite a 'chain-reaction' in the atmosphere and destroy the world...back in 1944....*sniff*...air seems to still be here....

[adding].....oops, I see there is another thread on this subject, at least, on the accelerator, the LHC already...perhaps this should be folded into that one?

[edit on 4/7/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Heck, even some nuclear scientists predicted the first A-bomb test would incite a 'chain-reaction' in the atmosphere and destroy the world...back in 1944....*sniff*...air seems to still be here....

Heh obviously not what they had in mind, but MAD would assure such a chain reaction =P

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Interesting article. I read "The God Particle" by Lederman and found it a pretty fascinating read. I'm not so sure that the Higgs boson is that particle however.

I really won't be worried until they discover the true cause of gravity.

top topics

join