It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do not want remote polygraph- do not sweat. Really.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It might be in a future, but not a remote one.

A new way to remotely monitor blood pressure, pulse rate and sweating could be used to screen for health signs as well as to administer lie detection tests on people without their knowledge or consent.

dsc.discovery.com...

Of course, remote blood pressure/pulse readings are great idea and could save lives. But the fact that even when the technology is at its infancy , a polygraph application is considered shows a lot about our society.
I particularly liked the concept - sweat map. Imagine visit to the Dr in the future :"Well, lets create your sweat map".

I wonder how it will compete with traditional polygraph - more accurate? Less? Any ideas?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think it would be used in combination with a traditional polygraph test. They can get more data that way. I guess it's kinda scary though.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I guess that even by using it alone it can be very problematic. I mean imagine job interview when all your answers are being secretly checked,without you being aware. Or government census... Or IRS-kind of institutions. Not to mention Police and secret services.
And the thing that polygraphs (even traditional)are not always correct.

I would not consider/suggest it as a real option just yet, but there are operations to remove sweat glands.

join