It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was going on in "Southland Tales"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ok So I just watched this movie and I thought it was funny. It wasn't the a very good movie, but I watched it all the way through and understood it to some extent.If someone could clearify this movie for me I would appreciate it. If you have'nt seen it don't read this post as it will contain spoilers. So here is what I understood. They were setting up the rock who has connections to a political party. That political party is trying to take over the world somehow by stoping the earth from spining while producing fluid karma. So thoose people who I think is trying to take over the world sent Sean William Scott to kidnap the rock and drive through the open time rift with him. Then some lady blew them up while they were going through the time rift, but Sean Williams Scotts old self survived and was captured. Then those two meet up later and shake hands to end the world by collapsing the 3rd dimension in on itself? Why did everyone claim to be Roland at the end? Why did that guy blow up the zepplin? What happened to the rock at the end? What was Sean Williams Scott's deal at the end?

I am frustrated that I watched this movie and now I don't know what happened. If anyone could clearify that would be awesome. Thanks!

[edit on 7-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I haven't any answers for you. I did however, laugh very often while watching this film. It is just as good as Donnie Darko. It is supposed to funny.

From the Director:"[The original script] was more about making fun of Hollywood. But now it's about, I hope, creating a piece of science fiction that's about a really important problem we're facing, about civil liberties and homeland security and needing to sustain both those things and balance them."

Just as with Donnie Darko, I am sure we could peel back the layers of an onion or just take it at face value. The movie did horrible yes but I think it was excellent. I wish there were more movies out there of substance.

I watched this a while ago but I thought that the only people claiming to be Roland/Ronald were just those two but actually the same person? Fluid karma could be compared to all of the medicines that we take. A wonderful, modern dystopia.

::shrug::

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bobafett1972

You know I've never seen Donnie Darko and I'am a huge movie buff, especially horror. The only reason why I said it wasn't a great movie, is because I did'nt quite grasp the end. I was waiting for this huge ending, and it happened, I just did'nt understand it. But definetly very funny, and some elements in the movie, although exagerated, seem very possible and likely. I just wish I knew more.

One thing I did notice was the biblical quotes, they all corresponded with a scene or part of the movie. Maybe, there inlies a part of the mystery to understanding this movie.

new topics

join