It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplainable Apparition?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
First off, I don't usually post in this forum because I have only had one encounter in my life that was like this one. Second, I realize this may not be a very good conversative subject, but I think it is a good story many might enjoy.

To start off, this incident happened when I was in 4th grade (maybe 8 or 9 years old). I am 17 now, and the memory is still crystal clear. I was in my bed, sleeping, and or some reason, I awoke. There was no noise, wind, or anything physical that woke me up, I just woke up. I don't know what time it was, I had no clock. My bed was on the wall opposite from my door (which I always had open, due to some little kid paranoia i guess). I looked towards my door and I saw this figure walking in the hallway. The hallway was only about 5' long, one end was the stairs, the other end was my sister's room. Anyway, this figure was tall, maybe 6 1/2 feet or so, very skinny and wiry. I wouldn't say lanky, its limbs seemed more stiff than anything. It also looked like it had a tophat on, or something of the sort. It stood in the hallway outside my door for about 3 or 4 seconds, then walked into my sister's room. I was sharing a room with my brother, Scotty, at the time, so I figured it might have been him. (I wasn't considering the height or tophat, I just wanted to place the figure into a familiar figure in my head) I called out his name, hoping that he would poke his head around the corner or something, but nothing came of it. My mom was sleeping, my dad was away on the road (truck driver), my sister was sleeping in my mom's room, and my brother was staying at his girlfriends house. So the only people it could have been was my mom or sister. My sister was not even 5' tall yet, being 6 years old, and my mom is just over 5' tall. So there is no way it could have been them. I eventually got up and went into my sisters room, because that is where I saw it go. There was nothing to be found in there. Her window was closed, we were on the third story of a building anyway. I looked everywhere, and there was nothing. I have no clue what it was, just that it looked at me, then left. No harm done, no harm taken. It didn't seem like a threatening presence or anything, more like a curious person exploring the house. I have always been very open about the topic, I don't hide it out of fear or anything like some people do. I have never encountered anything like this before the event, or after the event. This is truly the only unnatural experience I have ever had in my life. No other ghost sightings, no orbs, no UFOs, nothing.

I am open for questions and I do hope to get some, and maybe even some more stories to be told. This thread is not MEANT for controversial conversation, but it IS welcome if need be. If you have a story, tell it.

Deny Ignorance.

DTOX X

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story.

The detail that you gave really substantiates that you saw what you did, IMO.

There are quite a few stories of such figures, if you search here you will find several threads on Hat Man I believe, at least I can remember reading more than one such encounter.

When someone has an experience like yours you are likely to never forget it. There is so much in our world which can't be explained, this is one reason I like reading threads here at ATS, we can see many commanalities in things that happen to others which also happens to us, this somehow reassures us at times that unusual things happen way more often than not!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I am in complete agreement. I have shared my story within my small group of friends and one of them saw something very similar to what I saw, except what he saw was shorter. This is strange because I live in a different town now than when I saw this "man".

This is for everyone..If you have had an experience, share it. This is a completely open minded thread, so don't be afraid that your story is too obsurd.

Deny Ignorance.

DTOX X

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I highly doubt anybody will be reading this thread any time soon, seeing as how I wrote it around a year ago, but I do have an update. I had posted before that nothing had happened to me since then. Well that has changed. I can't say that I have seen anything strange, but things have happened around me that I cannot explain.

First off, everything I write in this post has happened after my Grandmother passed away. I have experienced some of the same things as my Mother and Sister.

In our house, we have all experienced 2 of the same things. There is a small cupboard in my Mother's bedroom, which holds a thimble from each state that my father collected while he was on the road. This cupboard used to belong to my Grandmother. (keep in mind that this all happened after she passed away) The cupboard has a latch on it, preventing it from randomly opening and all the ceramics falling out. At least once a week, we will hear the sound of objects hitting the ground. The sound always comes from my Mother's room. When we check to see what has happened, the cupboard has come off one of its screws, the door has opened, and all the thimbles have fallen onto the floor. This happens at random and like I said, at least once a week. The second thing my family has experienced is very strange. One day my Sister, Mother, and Myself were all sitting in the living room watching TV. We have a carpeted floor and in front of our couch is a wooden table. On the table was a pile of change. Randomly, a quarter slid off the table, hit the carpet and spun, standing up for about 2 seconds, before falling to the ground. Those are things that I have experienced together with my family.

I have one more experience to share. This one was witnessed only by me. It was around 2:00 AM, and I was laying on my couch watching TV. We live in a trailer, so our living room and kitchen our connected and the only thing splitting them up is a bar with a sink and some cupboards underneath. It was early January and the temperatures were around -10 to -15 degrees F. We keep our cupboards under the sink open, to keep our pipes from freezing. While I was watching TV, the sink cupboard in the kitchen slammed shut, almost like somebody kicked it closed. When I went into the kitchen to look at it, sure enough, it was closed. I did not see anything, I only heard the door slam. I can't explain how any of these things happened, only what I saw of it. I am hoping to experience more to share with you guys and I hope I get some good feedback on what I have shared thus far. Thanks for reading guys!

Deny Ignorance.

-DTOX X

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hi, DTOX-X!

I am trying to get a glimpse of what could be occurring in your home and I am sensing that the original childhood experience is not related to this new phenomena.

It also seems that you yourself feel this could be tied to the death of your Grandmother.

I have had strange things that happened to me after my Grandma died a couple of years ago, but of a different nature. She had arthritis really bad and her fingers were all curled up, then about four months after she died I was getting pain in my wrist and by the second day my hands were all curled up and I couldn't move them or open them. Suddenly I thought of her and what she must have had to live with all those years without much use of her hands. I asked my mom when Grandma's birthday was and it was that day, December 18th.

I shared that bit because it made me aware of something I hadn't believed before, that those who have passed still can somehow effect this world. She also had a love for cardinals and they appear to me alot at special times, either in a pic or live and know I believe it is her sending me some message or reminder that she is present.

I wish I could help more with your experience.

There are many members here who have good wisdom I hope that some can post here and be of more help than I am, this really isn't my area of paranormal personal stuff, but for many it is.

Hey guys.................This guy is really looking for feedback.

I know this because he u2u'd me, so if anyone can send some support this way it would be great!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
People experience what you experienced all the time to a certain degree. What you most likely saw was an earthbound spirit or ghost. Most ghosts walk freely the earth and are not bound by buildings- walls- and roads. Children are extra sensitive to the paranormal, because they are closer to the afterlife because its only be a few years since they were there themselves. As children get older they lose this gift. You likely awoke because you felt the precense. It sounds like there was no great harm or threat from this entity- so be rest assured that you saw a real live ghost!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The only weird figure I ever saw was when I was 7 and was jumping on my parents bed, I jumped off and turned into the hall way and saw a black rectangle going from the left side out of the bath room, sort of skipping to the right side, into the wall and disappear, I went to the living room, since it would've gone into that place since it went thru the wall, nothing there. Probably just my imagination but anyways.

It was weird since it didn't just move across, but actually "skip" or "teleport" very short distances a part.

new topics

top topics

join