It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a Great Power Goes Mad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
You folks don't get it, this is coming from an all American news source of the very best stock.

Some people apparently can't handle the iraq truth, instead calling it terrorism-loving and america-hating
The discussion just mirrors the subject of the OP... Nice

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
OP / ED

OP / ED

OP / ED

OP / ED

This "story" by Mr Parry is NOT news. It is nothing more than....you got it an OP / ED because he gives HIS opinion way too many times within the written word.

So its not even slanted news like I first thought...because it is NOT news at all.

Good day all,

Dorian Soran

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The state of American politics today reminds me of the Roman Empire, and tyrants like Nero and Caligula.

Rome's thirst for power extended its armies across the globe, indebting the populous of the home state, forced the hire of foreign soldiers, incorporated slavery into the system, taxes were inflated to preposterous excess, the currency of the empire became devalued, and local populations starved, revolted, and eventually the whole thing just fell apart under the weight of its own ambition.

Sound familiar?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

Ouch that stings. Yep, and I take all instructions from Rush Limbaugh, as I'm completely incapable of formulating an opinion by myself. If only Alex Jones could intervene, so that I could think for myself.
One day enlightenment will find you, and your eyes shall be opened unto the truth.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble, Khunmoon. Robert Parry is NOT the great American you think he is. Let me tell you why I say this.
My father was a top adviser to Ronald Reagan. Never mind asking me his name, as I will not put it out on this forum. My dad was about an honest and decent a man as you could find.

Robert Parry did an article for a major MSM magazine back in the '80's, calling my dad a Russian spy and blaming him for Iran-Contra. My dad was framed, essentially, by someone high up in govt. (I think I know but I won't say, since it would only be speculation on my part.) My dad had spent his entire life building a good reputation. And then Parry published his article.

My dad sued him and won. Needless to say, I don't think very much of Mr. Parry.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So there is people here saying the Illegal war in Iraq does not warrant war crimes trials for the conspriators of it? Well I am no AMerica hater but I definatly think Bush/Cheney are WAR CRIMINALS! Plain and simple they LIED to get you all into a war and I wish there was absolute proof they let LET 9/11 happen to have all the excuses they needed to start wars far away.

I am sure at this years Bohemian grove meeting while they are sacrificing the next real/mock human idol (direct violation of catholic/christian beliefs, which GWB claims to be!) and the plans for world depopulation are discussed they will laugh at how stupid most people are for LETTING IT ALL HAPPEN!

Information is the trade of the day and it is getting really tough for regular people like me to get acess to the truth instead of watered down BS from all sides of every argument. Everyone always has to be right and everyone else is always wrong lol, no wonder we are probably doomed lol.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

come on now.

You are actually trying to use al-jahad as a news source.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They actually make Cnn and Fox news seem fully honest and reliable in comparison.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

You are actually trying to use al-jahad as a news source.

You must have missed the rest of the thread.

================================================

I don't know much about the author one way or the other. I don't like the idea that the author set up "forestlady"s Dad, but that does not make him wrong in this case.

It is quite clear to the rest of the world, including Western nations, that the US has perpetrated a war of agression the likes of which have not been seen or prosecuted since Nuremburg.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Excellent and TIMELY thread ergoli---Starred and Flagged!

Never before than in these past several years has the MSM been more corrputed, infiltrated and pupeteered by the M.I.C / Corp / Gov triad, which are all really one big, interconnected mafia of sorts. The MSM acts as a mouthpiece for these entities, spewing out propeganda to the masses, and this has been highly effective at keeping 90% of the population in total ignorance to their true agendas. Because of the wide-spread destruction taking place on the economic and civil librty fronts, people are slowly starting to awaken from their slumbers, and are beginning to look for sources of information outside of these corrupted entities. There may be hope for us as a race from this angle. But make no mistake, this is something TPTB do not want at ANY COST, so we have a battle ahead of us to be able to CONTINUE recieving 'non-filtrated' information from these sources.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Hi JITB: Just to clarify: Mr. Parry did not set up my dad. Someone high up in the govt did - someone who was trying to pin the blame for Iran/Contra scandal, on my dad. They threatened to smear his reputation and destroy him unless he "resigned". (I will also add that Pres. Reagan wasn't involved in any of this.)

Mr. Parry took the bait and reported that my dad was one of the primary players - which he wasn't, he wasn't involved in it at all. When my dad requested a retraction, Mr. Parry refused. That's when dad sued him and won. He didn't go for money, he just wanted a retraction printed. Unfortunately, I keep finding his name as a guilty party in alot of books after 1982, when all this happened. They use Robert Parry for a reference or they use a source who got it from Robert Parry. At any rate, all roads to this reference keep coming back to Mr. Parry. He didnt set up my dad, but he didn't do his homework, either, and didn't seem to care much about the facts, even when presented to him. Thus, I don't think he's a very good journalist. He never interviewed my dad, or spoke to him, either, meaning he didn't get the other side of the story. To this day, my family are fighting writers who got misinformed. I'm about to contact one of them now to discuss a retraction.

Anyway, I don't know about the veracity of the Aljezeera paper, but in this instance, I think they got it right. This is an illegal, inhumane war and I do believe that Bush, Cheney and a few others are war criminals. Anyway, my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
IMO Bush was mad before he went into power, he just did not show it. The media has spun nothing out of proportion, it is an opinion column and to me he is very well correct. 5 Years since the Iraq invasion and what have the military accomplished? Many deaths for civilians, Al Qaeda, and the US troops; a destroyed infrastructure; many wounded civilians, and US troops; a lot of money lost; and the war is still being fought.

Bush should just report how the war was a stupid mistake and he should walk with Cheney in jail. Well, it won't happen because the US mainstream media is playing nothing but the "We are on the winning side." Just hand Iraq to the terrorist regime because they will probably protect it better then the armies right now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join