It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlton Heston Snuffed by Govt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Let me say that Charlton Heston was a great man and I can already fore-see the flamewars. But I have always suspected that his declining health may have been at the hands of the government because he was the figure head of the NRA. I mean he was very political about the 2nd amendment:

Heston was president of the National Rifle Association from 1998 to 2003. In 2000, he declared at the NRA convention that they could only take away his Second Amendment rights "From my cold, dead hands," raising a presentation rifle over his head.

It's a well known fact that government military agencies take out the figure head of the enemy resistance/faction in order to destroy their morale and forward momentum.

And now, while the Supreme Court is debating the defination of the 2nd ammendment and whether American citizens are allowed under the constituion to carry firearms, he finally passes away. It seems all to convenient and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the possibility.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Charlton Heston was 84.

Anybody is lucky to make it that far.

He was "snuffed" by biology.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I doubt anyone mentioned the possibility because... well, I don't know how to say it without flaming.
You are right at least with the interest you have in, what should be, a landmark decision by the SC on the 2nd Amend.
I started a thread about this so I won't repeat myself here.
The point is, look to that decision before worrying about marshal law or any other conspiracy about a government take over (NWO) or what have you. If they some how decide that the National Guard is the "well regulated militia" well then we are screwed.
As far as the gov. taking CH out??? come on. Bush gave him some huge medal not too long a go.
...I tell ya what. Don't you think the gov. would have loved the irony of having someone shoot CH with a legally owed handgun? If they wanted to further any agenda to attack the 2nd amendment?
no issue here.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

There's as much evidence of that having happened, as PNAC commenting on a Pearl Harbor event being related to 9/11.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Charlton Heston was a great man by any standards, but I think time caught up with him rather than the government. He was already suffering from Alzheimers, so his leadership days were pretty much at an end other than as an icon possibly.

new topics

top topics

join