It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel threatens Iran with destruction

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli

Israel threatens Iran with destruction

www.presstv.ir

An Israeli minister has threatened Iran with destroying the country if the Islamic Republic launches 'an attack on the regime'.

"An Iranian attack against Israel would trigger a tough reaction that would lead to the destruction of the Iranian nation," National Infrastructure Minister Benjamin Ben-Eliezer said, AFP reported Monday.

The minister, a member of prime minister Ehud Olmert's security cabinet, stressed however that Iran was unlikely to attack as "they understand the meaning of such an act."

The threats come amid speculations that the Israeli regime is preparing for another war in the Middle East.

Israel has taken steps to isolate Iran in the international community alleging that the country has threatened it with annihilation, after the Iranian President called for the ouster of the regime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title]

Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source. If the headline is biased or otherwise inapporpriate, provide a descriptive headline that is accurate and reflects the article you're submitting. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be removed.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

As bad as it may sound Israel is really starting to piss me off. They are alot like Hugo Chavez.......runs their mouth and dont know when to "Shut up". They are only talking big like that because they know that no matter what the US will have their back. As a soldier in the American Army it really angers me because Israel is the one causing all the problems over there basically( other than Iraq, thats all us). If you are gonna destroy Iran then do it and vice versa, quit talking about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
OMG!!! israel fight back!!

wtf?! first of all this minister said "If iran will attack it will b crushed"!!! he didnt say israel will crush iran whenever the hell we want to!!!

Seriously,iran threats israel every damn day and when finnaly israel fights back everyone opens their mouths and start talking sh**!!
lets ask the question why iran soo dissires to have a nuke!

yeah right for peace purposes sure!

Its about time israel talks back,and you know what? i hope they will do something with the talking,its about time someone will get up from his royal boaring chair and rid the world from idiots like ahmedinijad!!!!!

[edit on 8-4-2008 by asot03]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by asot03

Can you show us where Iran threatened Israel?

For those who were asking why so many countries kicked Jews out, it was because many of the banking systems in those countries were controlled by Jewish bankers. Once the country's currency became so worthless, where signs of inflation (or hyperinflation) occurred, the leaders of the country expelled the bankers from their country. In short, it's because the Jews who charged interest in the countries were pointed fingers at for causing inflation in the economy, by the leaders of the countries.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
"President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has in the past called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" and said on Friday it was on the way to being eliminated."

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.boston.com...

is it enough for ya?

Sorry if it hurts that israel said she will defend her self against nothing else then "enialation"!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by asot03
"President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has in the past called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" and said on Friday it was on the way to being eliminated."

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.boston.com...

is it enough for ya?

Sorry if it hurts that israel said she will defend her self against nothing else then "enialation"!!!

More zionist hatemongering

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli

Israel has often and unmistankingly threatened nuclear holocaust.. why are we discussing ahmadinejad anyways? Could it be that you are full of zionist propaganda ?

You like to throw buzz words around (i.e. Zionist this and that). It would seem that some introspection might be useful at this point, with regards to who has succombed to propaganda. If you could argue on merit rather than throwing epithets around, it would at least provide a facade of credibility.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bad Mulder

There are a number of reasons why Israel gets "so much" help.

A- they are an important ally in the region
B- throughout history, the Jewish people have been persecuted, and in the 20th Century were targeted for extermination.
C- their neighbors chose the wrong side to ally themselves in WWII, and history is written by the winners.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by asot03

Or you could read the actual translation here

This is not a one-line reply.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

You hit the nail on the head

'' They are an important ally in the region ''

But thats it!

Israel clearly, gets the benefit of the doubt if you will, on the world stage, time and time again. No matter what the situation, or the cause the United states always veto's ANY world rebuttle.

This is why the world doesnt believe in the United Nations. There's clearly wrongs being done, wether it be in Israel's name or the United States.

Where can the world turn, when the leading power at the UN is constantly going against MAJORITY rule, and simply using its vast reach to ensure no one rocks the boat to much..

Look at Ahmadinejad in the media, this constant spew of drivel about him threatening to wipe Israel of the map.
What sort of national media STILL allows this falsehood to be openly preached, pure and clear propoganda that I thought some on ATS, would be able to decipher instaed of constatly rehashing.

Irans next, and any fool who believes other wise might as well go back to 2002, and sit like a chump in front of the tv, drooling while eating cheeto's going

'' Dang, dem Iraqi's are some evil doodz. ''

Israel is simply threatening, because they are holding massive war games.
And the Iranians will be watching.
This is the last hu'rah , if Iran continues to defy the US, Israel and UN.. The air-war will being, a massive airborne attack across Iran, following with retaliation strikes against syria, and 'special forces RAIDS ' inside lebanon against rocket sites.

What have Iran done, to invite massive attack ?
Is Iran building settlements in others land?
Is Iran currently involved in occupation of a soveriegn, oil rich state?
When was the last time Iran launched massive air attacks, missile strikes and tanks raids against a neighbour?
Why is it IRAN cannot have its nuclear right, yet Israel can?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

This again ? ! ? Doesn't someone in Israel say something like this every few months or so ? Enough with the threats already. You havent done it yet, so obviously they are empty threats, all it does is create more tension.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is Awesome. Israel needs to start defending themselves better. It is also about time they take the same tone of rhetoric as rogue nations like Iran.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Iran with nukes lol! I don't want that beceause they are a terror nation and the main pillar within The Axis of Evil. Iran IS fighting Israel and America right now. It supplies its foreign legions in Gaza to attack Israel andin Iraq to fight the US. War is going on, I say finish 'em before they master nukes. Eliminate the Iranian miltary and send them back a couple of generations. To the stone age if necessary.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

C) Irgun/Levi tried to side with Nazi Germany actually, but the Nazi's said no. :-)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
reply to post by Bad Mulder

There are a number of reasons why Israel gets "so much" help.

A- they are an important ally in the region
B- throughout history, the Jewish people have been persecuted, and in the 20th Century were targeted for extermination.
C- their neighbors chose the wrong side to ally themselves in WWII, and history is written by the winners.

I'm still trying to 'gather' info, but it's so difficult because every few posts someone say something that makes me want to add another 'footnote' to my notes.

In reference to the 'targeted for execution' comment, I have a question. Recently, I endured a grueling review of some material (the source of which is FAR from reputable) and the comment was made that 'not ALL Jews' were subjected to such persecution, I read into the text and got the impression someone was trying to plant the idea that a group of Jews (I don't think the reference was to what people call 'Zionists' - but I could be wrong) were never actually part of the 'target' group, and in fact, may have had something to to with which groups or Jews were 'selected' for elimination.

Not being very knowledgeable about the 'groups' that Jewish people created for themselves, or decided to participate in; I was at a loss how this could be true. I had believed (and am still inclined to) that even if there was an 'elite' segment of the Jewish community, that they would be just as likely to be on the 'hit list' as any other. Why would anyone want to create the notion that Jews victimize themselves when the evident strength of their culture lies in support for all based on their status as 'Jews'. Am I being really ignorant?

Also, isn't it possible that all this 'threat' ping-pong is just so much political 'sound bite' garbage meant the make the leadership seem like a 'strong' protector of the people? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there is a real set of issues to deal with, but isn't it mostly ideological stuff?

Aren't we seeing this 'posturing' in regards to 'ageless conflicts' between traditional differences. Or is this more about money and 'popularity'.

I'm sorry if these questions seem 'lame' it's just that I have such a deeply ingrained distrust of US media in regards to Israel (or anything relating to meddle east for that matter) that in order to determine what is most likely happening I pursue numerous sources and kind of 'synthesize' a possible reflection of reality. I have to admit, the pro-Israel Lobby in the US is perhaps the most advanced marketing and PR firm in the world - of course unless it's a function of who owns and controls the media machinery - another distinct possibility for the overall unreliability of the media in general.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
The Samson Option is allready widely known - and includes all coutries in the middle east and even includes Germany.

What the hell is the Sampson option

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeTheThird

en.wikipedia.org...

The Samson Option is a term used to describe Israel’s alleged deterrence strategy of massive retaliation with nuclear weapons as a “last resort” against nations whose military attacks threaten its existence, and possibly against other targets as well.[1] Israel refuses to admit it has nuclear weapons or describe how it would use them, an official policy of nuclear ambiguity, also known as "nuclear opacity." This has made it difficult for anyone outside the Israeli government to definitively describe its true nuclear policy, while still allowing Israel to influence the perceptions, strategies and actions of other governments.[2]

It is estimated that Israel has between 75 and 200 nuclear weapons.[3] Kenneth S. Brower has estimated as many as 400 nuclear weapons.[4] These can be launched from land, sea and air.[5] This gives Israel a second strike option even if much of the country is destroyed.[6]

The term "Samson Option" has also been used more generally in reference to Israel's nuclear program.[7] Commentators have also used the term in reference to situations where non-nuclear actors, such as Saddam Hussein[8], Yassir Arafat[9] and Hezbollah[10] threatened conventional weapons retaliation, and even to United States President George W. Bush's foreign policy.[11]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is, Israel and Iran are both Theocracies which rule by brute force and drag the world around them into their conflicts. The world would be a better place if they destroyed eachother, besides this is a family quarrel. They are cousins afterall, distant as they may be, cousins nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Israel and Iran relatives? Lol you trying to be funny?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
Israel and Iran relatives? Lol you trying to be funny?

How could they not be 'relatives'? Are their roots not from the same geographical area. I mean besides genetics, they have coexisted (maybe not peacefully) for thousands of years. At least that's what some claim. Are they wrong?

Or are you meaning there are people that 'call themselves' Jews and people who are 'real' Jews. Because I for one, would like to know if it is true, or at least where this idea comes from, or if it is just more 'cultural noise' between people who enjoy hating each other?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

whats so funny about that?
despite diffrence in Faiths

Jews and Muslims and christian (alot) in the middle east are most likely related by blood
people seem to forget arabs and persions that were Jews fled to Israel during the 6 day war and during the Iranian revolution. hence why most can speak farse or arabic aswell.

being Muslim doesnt make you an Arab (Muslims are made up of diffrent races)
being Jewish Doesnt make you your own race (Jews are made up of diffrent races)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join