It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporations and You!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
[Edited on 2-28-2004 by Dreamstone]

link   

link   

link   
Sorry, my computer started to freeze up and I clicked way to much.

If a mod could clear those excess posts it would be much appreciated

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
With a lot of money, you can do anything.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Its only a matter of time before even the tobacco industry comes under one ownership.

Look at Phillip Morris, they have so much money they can buy airtime to campaign against their product and still win.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's also incredible that whole state economies would collapse if the tobacco companies pulled out. Only good part of that, they can't export those jobs out of the country, US tobacco is bought worldwide for a reason\

Speaking of that, I wonder how the corporate overlords feel about the new laws being passed in regards to overseas labor, in all likelihood not to happy.

The exportation of jobs seems like a system of enforcing worldwide poverty. Americans lose jobs, and foreign workers get trapped into low paying one. If a person doesn't even have food on their table, the definitely can't even begin to think of revolution

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
It's also incredible that whole state economies would collapse if the tobacco companies pulled out. Only good part of that, they can't export those jobs out of the country, US tobacco is bought worldwide for a reason\

Speaking of that, I wonder how the corporate overlords feel about the new laws being passed in regards to overseas labor, in all likelihood not to happy.

The exportation of jobs seems like a system of enforcing worldwide poverty. Americans lose jobs, and foreign workers get trapped into low paying one. If a person doesn't even have food on their table, the definitely can't even begin to think of revolution

Well I think they could easily replace foreign workers with robots if push came to shove and companies were forced to keep jobs in America.
Makes sense that robots are the future seeing as they dont require a salary and only mateinance, think of the resentment if everyone lost their job to a machine.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
You should get a team up and do a serious research project on ATS and put the report up in the literature section.

That would be a good one. Lots of facts to find. And a lot of people could use those hard facts.

I'd be in for that.

DeltaChaos

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Thats a pretty good idea, a research project on this topic. Would give people a lot to think about.
The layoffs on car assemblt lines after the invention of robot arms is only a taste of what is to come.

Marx was big on the idea of mechanization replacing workers so that they could spend their type on more creative works. Seems like the only creative thing about this are the excuses of CEOs to their employees.

Its interesting that one of the biggest monopolies today has a pretty good employee plan. Good pay, white collar work, and 16 hour days. Turning people into robots, thats the ultimate goal of the companies. Eat work # sleep, thats how our lives will soon be defined.

The world is turning into rollerball, JC christos

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
You should get a team up and do a serious research project on ATS and put the report up in the literature section.

That would be a good one. Lots of facts to find. And a lot of people could use those hard facts.

I'd be in for that.

DeltaChaos

Excellent idea, anyone up for this? It would be my first research thread so Im gonna need a good team around me, Dreamstone, Delta, DE, Bolshevik, Slayer, Im looking at you.

Yeah corporations are gonna start rolling back benefit plans as robots become more prevalent and eventually only those individuals who are privy to the take over will keep jobs in any company.

Im all for hard research to draw owner ship links between big oil, mass media, manufacturing, and tech companies.

Its all the same beast, one giant octupus.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
He's the mod for the research forum. I submitted a project I want to work on. Maybe we could collarborate:

Check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He hasn't gotten back to me yet, SeekerOf says he's pretty busy.

DeltaChaos

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
He's the mod for the research forum. I submitted a project I want to work on. Maybe we could collarborate:

Check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He hasn't gotten back to me yet, SeekerOf says he's pretty busy.

DeltaChaos

Yeah I can help you with that, and I wouldnt mind another one solely for corporations if you could set that up, I would work on both, the NWO is the most overlooked idea on this sight.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Anyone here work for a mega corp like Viacom or GE, it would be interesting to hear from you.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Originally posted by Scat
the best price for anything from giant corporations is FREE.

Amen to that

My only fear though is as mega corporations enhance their ability to keep tabs on the general public and see our actions, that the reprisals for lashing out against them will become more and more extreme.

DE, didnt you mention how in one novel the Supreme Court gave corporations the right to use deadly force on eco terrorists?

Thats what I am afraid of. You steal movie tickets for people and end up in some private prison run by Paramount.

It's teh Shadowrun series, actually. In 2010, a bunch of eco terrorists attacked a Seretech plant, killing a few people. SO the government gave them the legal recourse of using lethal force to protect company personnel and assets. Now, this seems reasonable if your compnay is being targetted by an extremist group, right? But what happens when they take that and turn it into a means to fight amongst themselves, or kidnap talent, or things like that? It's not far off, I tell you...

DE

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
But what happens when they take that and turn it into a means to fight amongst themselves, or kidnap talent, or things like that? It's not far off, I tell you...

DE

Yeah I think Im gonan take a summer off and go to Asia and see if I can witness any of this Corp Violence, and I will document it and bring it back for the research thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
That would be....inadvisable. Most corporations in Japan for example (as well as the police and up to 60% of the governemnt) are either indifferent or friendly with the Yakuza. It isn't so much a violence thing there, it's corruption. corporations launder money for the Yaks, as well as pay protection to them. Some speculate that at least one megacorp in Japan has been started with their help, either from loans or the purchase of large amounts of stock (giving the Yakuza a voice in teh Shareholder's Board, whihc in turn helps them with sokaiya).Any violence required is very quiet- partially because everyone refuses to speak about it. However, the Yakuza actually do protect corporations, and aren't about using lethal force to do so.

Russia on the other hand, is an entirely different story. Corporations regularly pay off the Vory for protection and to beat or kill members of the competition. It's probably safer in Asia, but you can still get messed up something kinda bad.

DE

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
It's probably safer in Asia, but you can still get messed up something kinda bad.

DE

Well if thats what the truth requires right?

The Yakuza are the ones who carry out the Train hits right? Where they shove someone in the path of an oncoming commuter train?

I think if you didnt make your presence that obvious or if you were actually an employee of a group like routers or BBC international then you could document a corporate war without drawing unwanted attention. The truth always finds a way out right? Well until the mega corps can control every avenue for the truth to come out.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm down for a research project.
A lot of family memebrs of mine work for "big media" so I could do that, among other things.

Like you said, everything is linked

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Let's put it bluntly. They do those commuter train hits, among other things. Also, assuming you aren't a Japanese-American who speaks the native tongue fluently, you'll stick out like a sore thumb. Also, being a gaijin ("Foreigner", specifically a westerner) you gain extraordinarily little sympathy from anyone if you get in trouble. In a lot of places (specifically Ginza, where they are refered to as the "Ginza Police"), the Yakuza are the law, and wouldn't mind torturing you before dragging you out to sea just for poking around in their affairs. just get translatiosn of Japanese and russian newspapers, and start looking there.

DE

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join