It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged historical evidence for Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion
reply to post by Conspiriology

You like to listen to yourself talk don't you, Conspiriology? Look at all that purple prose.

Your hatred of the man you call myth shows through your transparent veneer of disengenuous BibleBigotry like a Laser fanned out before our eyes. You merely googled the arguments of a man you actively disbelieve because why? It is you civic duty? Do yu correct other myths like loch ness or big foot? Or is it just this man Jesus that has you so pre-occupied overshadowing your greek gods?

One could ask the same questions of you: Why do you spend 3,000+ words writing something that doesn't really say anything profound? Or, why do you spend time talking about evolution, which you so adamantly seem to hate? I mean, you do show up in every single thread that talks about science, evolution, or even hints at atheism. So why do spend all this time and research talking about something you seem to dislike with a passion?

When you answer this for yourself, then you'll have the answers to your own questions.

No, actually I have already heard what I've got to say and what you got to say just proved my post point.

If you can't seem to separate the interest I have for one topic or the disdain may have in another subject you have just indicated you read by following my posts. This suggest to me you are either a troll or are misrepresenting my reason for posting in threads like that asking a question I think is quite self evident.

The subject of this thread is again that same reason, so help me with the math here guy. This thread slings mud and attempts to spread lies to assist the pathetic atheist agenda they have against Christianity.

It's pretty simple actually and this thread creators numerous attempts to get a thread going about the same argument over and over until one day someone will grace his thread with more than just a passing post or two just leave them as I will this one knowing he just isn't worth the time and I am not qualified to prescribe the lithium he may need to know fact from fiction. I don't seek your approval for the profoundness you say my posts are lacking nor do I care what you think of them. The mere fact you have to insult me with that is flattering to me and suggests you are jealous which is why you grind your tin sword against my iron anvil.

If I had anything against Atheists and / or evolution as you seem to suggest, or if I have an axe to grind, I would make threads against them like an obsessed religious zealot or angry hateful atheist like the OP author has done so many times.

But I don't

- Con

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

And you hang out in threads that sling mud against atheists and evolution, your post doesn't seem to deny that, so I could infer from that that you're simply trying to spread your "hateful anti-atheist Christian agenda"

It goes both ways.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's hard to say if these events had really ever occurred without time traveling etc.(?) Who can say for sure whether or not this may have been a fictional character to give people hope as some ancient super hero and story people would pay to hear. Many may not have been able to read and listened in paying crowds. These stories may have been copied and sold also like tabloids are today.

It may be that the Romans were most likely in it for profit also. Just as today it would still appear that way in Rome.(Jesus rights?) False miracles could be done today using clones or twins or if ET's were involved also. There are many ways of speculating. These scrolls would have needed to be copied and interpreted to be sold or traded and they would also need to be rewritten as they aged.

It would be interesting if there was actually alleged documentation by Romans, but if they were in on the scam, then how is this proof of any real messiah?

I would think if there had really been a real person such as Christ, he most likely wouldn't have been absent so long, although, there are claims such as him building some staircase for some nuns.

When we finally have our alleged alien disclosure, how many will walk away from the prohet/profit of old time religion? Alien messiah?

I've seem some bizarre and convincing evidence that some of these alleged false and real miracles could have occurred. But the source of this knowledge and power is still questionable. A few years ago it was Neo in the Matrix and special effects on the screen. Now people talk about project blue beam and modern day possession through brain implants. Maybe this is just old technology anyway.

For those die hard Jesus fans, he probably will show up in some shape or form in all his glory. Maybe he' still waiting for a more convincing false messiah first.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion

And you hang out in threads that sling mud against atheists and evolution, your post doesn't seem to deny that, so I could infer from that that you're simply trying to spread your "hateful anti-atheist Christian agenda"

It goes both ways.

Oh yeah I have an agenda all right and it is to oppose them but I defend I don't make pre-emptive antagonistic attacks, I don't bait and alert I don't tag team and I don't hate.

They simply aren't that damn important.

- Con

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Gday,

A bump for those who keep claiming there is historical evidence for Jesus (e.g. papabryant.)

Check the facts -
NONE of it stands up to scrutiny at all.

It's all late, suspect, or not about Jesus.

Kapyong

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join