It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Council Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
(Introductory Note: I'd like to preface this by saying I'm not mormon or pagan, I'm just a christian researcher of the ancient past. )

Many people don't realize that nearly every ancient text has a council of gods who are all the same group of beings, renamed, over and over again, to fit the language and cultural times.

For example, in the writings and research of ancient language expert, Michael S. Heiser, he discusses "The Divine Council" (.pdf file)
www.thedivinecouncil.com...
as it is described or mentioned in the biblical texts.
He also discusses related topics here:

The Greek www.theoi.com... and Roman www.roman-empire.net... Pantheons, for example, are the same groups of beings as described in the bible.
How do I know this?
Let's look at Revelation 9
specifically, Revelation 9:11
www.htmlbible.com...

9:11 And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon.

Apollo (in Greek, Ἀπόλλων — Apóllōn or Ἀπέλλων — Apellōn)

The Greeks later associated Apollo's name with the Greek verb απολλυμι (apollymi) meaning "to destroy".
en.wikipedia.org...

The Late Bronze Age (from 1700–1200 BCE) Hittite and Hurrian Aplu,[7] like the Homeric Apollo, was a god of plagues,

Apollyon the Destroyer is none other than Apollo.

If we go far enough back, I do believe Apollo was also known as Ra, Ea and Enki. Enki and his special gate of the gods, appear to have been merged together linguistically, so what you end up with is deriviations of "Apsu" (Abzu) as the name progressed till it finally became Apollo to the greeks and romans. Enki may very well be the biblical Serpent in the Garden, so it's entirely possible that Apollo (Apollyon) is Enki (I say "is" because he's still Alive and Well on Planet Earth).

This happens with nearly every ancient "god" mentioned in the various ancient civilizations. These beings are the same beings, repeatedly. So if you think... "Gee, I feel more of an affinity to "Thor" and the Norse gods than to "Indra" and the Hindu gods," for example, just remember, these are the same group, they are merely renamed and adjusted for the cultures in which they appear. With very little effort, you could also discover the various etymological and historical trails of these beings.

So why is this being covered up?

The problem is many fold:

Technically-speaking, the biblical Jehovah is considered the "Father" /
Creator of the gods and superior to them. The "Creator" god is a highly prized "position" in the ancient texts and one over which much argument exists. For example, Enki claimed to have created humans, although this is not actually what happened. He modified existing lifeforms, which he viewed as uncivilized, and upgraded SOME of them to be capable of various types of work and leadership. In fact, this same thing happens again and again and can be read about in stories such as Hercules, Genesis 6, and so on.

This is probably the singlemost, biggest literary and historical conspiracy of all time.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by undo]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
thank you for directing me to your thread. i usualy stay out of religon threads the one you directed me from was infact my first postings in such a thread. but i belive to a degree your very correct as a pagan i worship many gods . my personal choice of "prefered or most loved" god is the god of death. and i belive that the gods them selves are just manifestations of powerful forces working in reality and i revere these forces under the variouse names they have been given sience the begining of human civilazation.now as for the idea that the only creator god that supposidly created us is the christian god i belive that couled be argued over seeing as how Zoroastrianism predates the christian religon and his god ahura-mazda was in many ways the exact same as the "father". theres also the egyptian god of ptah as well as many others i belive that if the concept of the gods being divine representations or manifestations of the forces inherent in reality then the same would hold true for the creator god as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
ptah may in fact be jehovah and jehovah (jove) may correlate with jupiter (jove), both of which correlate with sumerian Enlil who's city was called Nibru (Nippur) which is another name for Jupiter. so long story short, he's associated with the largest "planet" in our solar system (to date).

"All these worlds are yours, except Europa" - 2010

[edit on 7-4-2008 by undo]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Mono theisic regilions share the same source and so the same "father" God, and indeed, you may be surprised to know that even Islam recognizes Jesus, Mary , and much of what Christians believe.. Buddahism is not far from Mono thesism in its roots,, but has a different focus,, they all boil down to one "father" good,, including the "Unknowm" God of the Romans,,,
But to date,, My feeling is these Annunki and their line of "Blood" more like DNA as still with us in the old families,, that are basis of the major international families,,Rochchilds, Hapsburg,,Tutors, Winsors, other of the Bravarian linage not to mention Don Juan Carlos and the hispanic line of Kings..that control the direction of the world's economy and the productive sum of the USA as it is turned over to the World Monetary Fund,,
Well I need another dose of Zoloft this is entirely too depressing,,
Last observation: "History repeats itself" The Blood lines of the ancients run our modern world,, and as it appears our earth is again heading into another catyclism,, the hybrids,, (most of the rest of us) are just beginning to once again realise we have been taken advantage of and used as "enforced labor" ,,i,e. the material marry go round that runs our present economy,, to fund the NWO's projects and goals,,,
Phew,,, The end is near,,, for this post anyway.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Babylon !
Come out of her, my people !
They had zigguates that had seven steps, one for each planet.
They had seven days of the week. one for each planet, the last is Saturn and is like Saturday, of today.
To the Romans, saturn meant also time.
So, we have a basic division of time, the week.
Jehovah ordered the Israelites to worship Him on the seventh day.
Maybe God is comfortable being represented by Saturn.
It would have been in stark contrast to the system they were walking away from in Egypt.
So it has been to this day, a weekly cycle.
Ok, so the thread topic is the councel.
The King of Babylon is compaired to a character in myth who ascended to the highest heaven, in order to take a seat in the Councel.
He was brought low for his ambition and vanity.
Jehovah God sits at the top. alone.
There are none equal to him.
To attempt to be equal to Jehovah God is blasphemy, and will be punished.
There is a repeating theim in the Bible for God's people to get out of the prevailing religious system of the day, that they found themselves in the midst of.
The foundation of the Church as a state religion, by the Empire brought down God and created two other gods to be His equals, thus forming a Councel of gods.
It is blashemy to a God who is jealous of his position and who has had His worship day changed by said Church to Sunday.
So, there is a call by the three angel's message in Revelation to come out of Babylon, which is the seven hilled city of Rome.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Just so ya know, Jehova is a made up word, it's a replacement for YHWH. The ancient hebrews didn't want YHWH to be taken in vain or blasphemed so they came up with Jehova (pronounced Ye-Ho-Vah) YHWH is pronounced Yah-Way (to the best of my research).

None of the gods or egypt were the true Creator God. Remember Moses asked God who he should say sent him he was to say "I AM" had sent him.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Or maybe God is the one who was originally worshipped and Satan perverted it?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ok Beth, I read quite a bit of that pdf you posted. I still believe that the Sons of God were angels and not some uncreated beings. That verse in Psalms was pretty interesting. The God calls the false gods out and tells them that because they've been screwin' with people He's going to make them carnal and not eternal.
I think that a carnal being cannot go to Heaven (yet) but in order to transverse that region you need to be eternal. What do you think?
I know that the mythologies of the ancient Gods were no doubt fallen angels posing as gods. I'm glad you showed that connection between Abzu, Appolyon, Enki and Appolo. Now I wonder who the rest are?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Great post undo! You know I am a fan of Dr Heiser as well. If people don't bother to read his Intro to Divine Council they really will not understand this thread. Religious history makes so much more sense to me now that I have assimilated this knowledge. The other religions of the world and the surrounding mythologies all add up to one cohesive spiritual reality under this paradigm. Interestingly enough it fully supports Biblical Christianity as well.

What I am curious of, is what are these "other Gods" or "watchers" or "fallen angels" up to today? Are they movers and shakers behind the world political scene? Are they pretending to be "aliens" and abducting humans for experiments? Are they the impetus behind certain branches of science that would discredit the creator?

I think so.

"Where are they now?" is a question I would like to read some response on.

By the way undo our friend Guy Malone got married and his new wife has a website on the subject of Fallen Angels. She has some interesting answers to my above quesion www.paradoxbrown.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Wow, amazing, congrats to him. I didn't know kooks like us got married and are actually excepted by people of the opposite sex.

I believe the sons of god are behind all this NWO stuff too.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
LOL!!!

No doubt, congrats to Guy!

I don't believe the "gods" were uncreated beings either. I'm of the same opinion as you, that these were "sons of God", who were members of God's council, some of whom fell and some of whom didn't fall.

It's highly suggested that if you really want to get a handle on what's happening with the angels/gods/divine council, etc in the ancient past, that you do research on those words in the biblical text of the Old Testament, for starters. Alot of very bizarre activity surrounds these beings, of which we know very little, and as a result, most pastors and books on the subject of the bible, don't tread into that rather murky area. But I firmly believe we should, and not just tread but get out ye olde magnifying glass and really go over it.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
"If people don't bother to read his Intro to Divine Council they really will not understand this thread."

Very interesting indeed,,, anymore of this available,, or is this a teaser for a book already in print? Either way I would to read further.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
more data here on the Divine Council:

[edit on 9-4-2008 by undo]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

I wish I knew, seriously, and I am sure a lot of people would like to know what happened long ago.
I have been interested in finding out what happened long ago and I think a way to understand things is to know, as much as possible, about what we can learn from History.
Before we can understand what happened in pre-history, it helps to know history.
The Bible was not written when the events actualy happened before the language evolved to the point that there was a good form of writing available.
I would not be writing more that brief entries into a notebook if it was not for the internet.
I believe there is a history of everything, made by the "watchers" and others, working for God.
Some prophets could have been given glempses of history, before it happened.
I think most of the bible was written acording to what the author personaly knew, himself or got second hand, or read someplace else.
Real insight into the knowledge that potentialy available, has only been given to a small few.
These were people who had to go through great distress and knowledge of their own weakness in the proccess.
Daniel, David, Jesus, and John are some examples and they all would end up at some point lying face down on the ground and needing assistance by angels.
We are unworthy to know our own history and even more so to know our futures.
I believe that I have been given insights into some things at various times of my life.
These would be a brief clearity of thought on subjects that I had been struggling for some time to understand.
But, these were on general topics of theology, and not anything that had to do with time travel or anything.
Human nature is wicked and predatory and selfish and becomes outright corrupt, if not held in check.
Just look at our own country.
The founding fathers had an opportunity to creat a government that was not evil.
What they did was create a lot of mechanisms for self restraint.
Despite all that, forces of evil, outside the government, have colluded to infiltrate the government to put in their own puppets, to create something similar to the old Roman Empire.
The same thing happened to religion.
Just look at the Book of Genisis, and the story of how men tried to deal with the problem of their sin against God.
Adam built an alter and then his sons built their own alters.
Ok, so, at some point you wind up with a collectivisation, from individual obligations, to group temples run by profesional priests.
It could have been done out of neccessity, because of the gathering of people into cities.
Once you surrender your direct involvement with the core action of your religious practice, and give it to a group of men who have a vested interest in keeping a good thing going for themselves, then that religion is in danger of quickly becoming something unrecognizable from the original.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i need to clarify that the angels referred to as members of the Divine Council, may in fact be a higher order of angelic being than some of the others. For example, there are several types of angelic being mentioned in the bible, including messenger angels, archangels, zoa, angels with eyes all over their bodies, angels with four heads, and so on. Some examples may in fact be metaphorical, such as references to certain positions in the night sky, but ultimately would relate to the "heavenly bodies" they symbollized. Those who view this as nothing but metaphorical stories about the movements of the planets and stars, ignore the events where these beings literally visit the people on this planet, not as meteors or space debris, but as bipedal, intelligent, sentient beings. Therefore, it's my belief that the correlation is that even in those events where the symbol is obviously metaphorical, that the metaphor is relating to where the beings derived from -- in effect, they were from other planets, moons and so forth, in and out of our solar system. Of course, this is not always true, but let's consider the history of angels:

They were created beings who predated humans.
They had a civilization that advanced. technologically.
Some of them went out amongst the stars and tried to overthrow "God". They began inhabiting the other planets and moons, in addition to the Earth.

The ones who tried to do war against God ended up being referred to as the "fallen". One way in which they "FELL" was by going down to various planets, interfering with the welfare of those other planets and lifeforms, which they then used to create the power base from which they believed they could overthrow God's government.

My theory is, the "fallen" use very advanced technology to mimic acts of "God."

[edit on 9-4-2008 by undo]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

human nature is wicked and predatory and selfish and becomes outright corrupt, if not held in check.Just look at our own country.
The founding fathers had an opportunity to create a government that was not evil.

What they did was create a lot of mechanisms for self restraint.
Despite all that, forces of evil, outside the government, have colluded to infiltrate the government to put in their own puppets, to create something similar to the old Roman Empire.

Well said. Too bad the mechanisms of self restraint seem to have gone by the wayside.

Now this connects to the direct topic...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12

What is something like "skull and bones" all about if not an occult system to pander to these fallen angels. It is no accident that these elites all seem to be involved in these occult societies. Bushs patriot act gutted the checks and balances and gives evil a free reign to torture and violate citizens rights at will. I predict a day soon when Christians will be the targets labeled as terrorists.

[edit on 4/9/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Lifeforms? What kinda lifeforms? Plants and animals I can agree with, but not humaniod, spirit bearing lifeforms. I do not believe that humans evoled or were created on any other planet than this one, simply because this is the planet on which the image of God was created. I'm pretty sure there is at least plant life on other planets, like those trees on the dunes of Mars for example.

I also believe that one of the duties of the angels is to watch over the planets and stars, I also believe that there are angels (some that are no longer allowed back in heaven) that inhabbit these planets and stars.

One thing I found interesting is that some of the higher class angels that rebeled were senteced to the same sentence we humans have, the ablility to die. Now as for age I don't think they really age, but you could put a bullet between there eyes and that would be the end of them.

I also think the "having eye all over there bodies" part is refering to the fact that they "see all". That makes sense, but I do believe that some of them have four faces, don't know why, but I think it represents the different characteristics of God, the Ox is wisdom and knoledge, The lion is power and justice, the eagle is majesty and the human is love and compassion.

These specific angels (known as Kerub) are the throne carriers of God, they may have anothe use, but I don't know what it is.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Well you do know he goes to The Bohemian Grove and takes oart in the mock sacrifice of a human child right? They call that child "Care", so they burn away there ability to care. They mock sacrifice the child to a giant stone and metal owl named Molek, sounds pretty crazy right? well it is, but it's true, most of the presidents have been in this. It is said that a lot of homosexuality takes place there too.
Google Bohemian grove and you'll find a ton of pictures and video about this stuff.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I do not think my posts, on this thread were made to address you, specificly.
Sorry, if that is what you want.
I was just making general comments on what the words "Councel of Gods" brings to mind, for me.
If I want to reply directly to your post, I have to admit that I actually agree with someone, and that makes me feel uncomfortable, considering the agendas behind a lot of the posting concerning religion.
I will take you at your word that you are interested in the ancient writings.
Well, good for you.
I am no expert, but I have a brother and cousin who study these things in Ugaritic and Sanscrit, and I am slightly influinced by them.
I would like to mention one person who is very interesting and could be considered a god.
That is the man called in Genisis, Nimrod.
He can be traced to Baccus and Osirus.
This would be an example of one case where I disagree.
Now, where I agree is that there is a pantheon constructed in the theology of the "Church".
But, my view is that construct is artificial and does not belong and in one's words, "the woman riding on the back of the beast" is a reference to the "Church".
If your intent is to point out how the big christian religion in messed up by paganism, and is hypocritical to think that it is moraly superior to other religions, then I have to agree.
My disagreement is with why this is and what should be our conclusion, after considering the facts.
I was just today discusing this topic with a friend of mine and he thinks, like me, that the "Church" was subverted, from its foundation as an official organization, by pagan philosophy.
To me, all the criticisms of christianity can be pinned on the errors of the "christian" writers of old.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
Lifeforms? What kinda lifeforms? Plants and animals I can agree with, but not humaniod, spirit bearing lifeforms. I do not believe that humans evoled or were created on any other planet than this one, simply because this is the planet on which the image of God was created. I'm pretty sure there is at least plant life on other planets, like those trees on the dunes of Mars for example.

I don't think the Garden of Eden was originally on this planet. I think it was elsewhere. To the ancient hebrews and their language, earth was anything related to the dirt below their feet, which would be called the same thing regardless of the location in the universe. If it's a planetary body with dirt, and you're standing on it, you're on "earth." They didn't have upper or lower case distinctions in biblical texts, so the only way to differentiate is placement in context.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join