It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Has ATS Changed Your Views?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I'm still a believer, before joining ATS i had many questions
specifically about alien connection with our history (egypt, mayans etc.)

im not more skeptical then i was, i can spot the real ones and the fake ones.
I've seen many threads with "evidence" that was just a lightpole or a star.

Yet i have seen many interesting threads on ATS about aliens and ufos. Also i really like the cryptozoloogy and the conspiracy threads.

Some threads are good others are not so good.
I am skeptical in my own way, if i see a good video of something weird or you read the eye witness report and people are "debunking" it by saying it was chinese laterns I just sigh.
How can lanterns project beams and "dance" in the sky.

Anyway ATS hasnt changed me, and i enjoy it here.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jasperaldo

What people need to realise is that a lot of people in this world have a strong desire to taint the truth, to weave fictions into facts, to weave lies into any truth and then point to them.

Every theory contains elements of truth and non truth, but really its far easier to see where the truth lies by seeing what it comes up against. The more effort to discolor and discredit, the closer you are to the truth, you can learn a great deal about things in that sense, even from those who imagine themselves smart enough to manipulate the horizontal and the vertical.

Ive always said truth and lie dont really matter, they are shades and perspectives, only possibilities matter, and of each possibility patterns emerge as you see them move the primeval soup of existence, its the patterns that surround them and oppose them which tell you which ones have weight and which ones dont.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I believed in UFOs and phenomena before I found out about ATS and still do. I think most of the videos and photos that pop up here are either fakes or hoaxes. Many of the names who have been debunked or proven to have lied about statements are still revered here. When I do post the information about the possible hoaxes and liars, I am labeled a debunker or disinformation agent. People will believe what they will, and no evidence to the contrary will change their minds. This can be maddening for the UFO researchers who want to find out what is real and what is not. 90% of everything out there is crap, and it takes a lot to sort out what is useful and what is not.

Still, I do enjoy reading the posts, and if I disagree will state the reason. I also try to find the links or at least the books to most of my information.

On the plus side, I have found many useful links and other information from this site. There are also some very interesting personalities here.

<< 1  2   >>

join