It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnostic Christianity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Is there such a thing? From what I am now hearing is that there was and is a group called the Priory De Scion (if I spelled it right) and that they protected the ancient secrets of Christianity. I am also hearing there are some documents that Jesus wrote himself and are hidden? Personally, I don't believe any of it but could this be why "Christian" Masons consider themselves as Christian Masons? And could this have anything to do with the templar letter that I discovered written by Hugh Mccurdy?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The Priory of Sion was a hoax but the Cathars were real and they were Gnostic. , I believe. The Albigensian Crusade was launched by Rome to wipe out the heresy. The Cathars are closely associated with the Templars.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Straighten Arrow

I too went down that road, looking for answers. I finally found out that they are frauds.
It all started in Babylon, with Nimrod in power. He was the most corrupt pagan in history. It flourished after the flood. Satan wasted no time getting worshippers and Nimrod was "the man".

After Nimrod was slain by Noahs son Shem, Babylon fell but it [the mystery religions and queen semiramis ] just went underground and spread the "poison" throughout the world to all lands.

Besides the mystery religions, they had an oath, [actually it is called, "the will of canaan" ] to love one another [incest ] love robbery, love lewdness, hate your masters, and never tell the truth!

These were the Canaanites/Phoencians/Black Nobility who carried on the mystery religions and they come in all shapes and sizes. They are the ones responsible for the gaps in history, they are well connected and deeply rooted, and are worldwide, hence the current condition of the planet.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Straighten Arrow
Is there such a thing?

Of course there is. However, you seem to have stepped in some misinformation along your way. Allow me to explain.

From what I am now hearing is that there was and is a group called the Priory De Scion (if I spelled it right) and that they protected the ancient secrets of Christianity.

No. There is not and never has been a "Priory of Sion" (there are various spellings); it is a fictional organization popularized by Dan Brown's book "The DaVinci Code."

I am also hearing there are some documents that Jesus wrote himself and are hidden?

Perhaps; who knows? Are you referring to the Dead Sea Scrolls, or the Nag Hammadi Library? These are documents discovered relatively recently that are contemporary with the original manuscripts of the Bible (what survived the chopping block, as it were). They are widely believed to be genuine and some place their value even greater than the Bible due to the tampering done to the latter by the "Councils." I don't know if any of it is attributed to Jesus Himself... I don't think so though.

Actually, many believe that Jesus was an Essene -- a very orthadox Jewish sect -- which is widely considered to have been a Gnostic Brotherhood/Order. Indeed, the Red Words are cryptic and can lend themselves to many an interpretation. It's interesting to me to see how different people see it and how they differ in their opinions. I have a rather... "unorthodox" conception of Christianity, but I do consider myself Christian.

Look up "Gnostic Christianity" or "Gnosticism" in Google and you'll find plenty to keep you reading for a while.

Personally, I don't believe any of it but could this be why "Christian" Masons consider themselves as Christian Masons?

No. They call themselves Christians because that's what they are.

And could this have anything to do with the templar letter that I discovered written by Hugh Mccurdy?

Never heard of him. Who is he?

Oh and I think Mr. Toasted is mistaken. It doesn't sound to me as though he found the right answers, whatever road he went down.

[edit on 4/7/08 by The Axeman]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

It's interesting that you refer to the Gnostics as "frauds", when the entire story you posted about Nimrod is fraudulent. It is a fairy tale.

The only thing we know about Nimrod comes from the Bible, and all the Bible says about him was that he was a "mighty hunter before the Lord".

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Masonic Light]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Straighten Arrow

It is believed by many that Gnosticism was the originally Christianity, but Christianity was corrupted by materialists. The early western church was divided into the Gnostic Catholics and the Roman Catholics. The Romanists attempted to exterminate the Gnostics.

It is also interesting that the eastern church still retains much Gnostic influence.

You may be interested in the website of this Gnostic Church

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Masonic Light]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
gnosticism was the original teachings of christ, a quick way to explain it, bhuddism taught through love and compassion finding enlightenment through your love. Very much like taoism and bhuddism mixed together, I dont know where you guys are getting this prior mumbo jumbo, but it's just old fashioned meditation to find enlightenment, it's nothing like todays christianity very eastern in it's text, practices and philosophies. Jesus speaks in very cryptic riddle type phrases, if it would of made through all them years with the bible us westerners wouldnt have that hocus pocus of bible today we would have something very similar to the tao te ching or bhuddist texts, sad indeed that we now just get to realize that we were as smart and enlightened as the eastern cultures, just that materialism and politics hid these teachings from the mases to brain wash us in believing whats in the new testament today.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The Axeman,

Jesus is God in the flesh! Any others are frauds perpetrated by lucifer, who wishes to be like the most high, but can only get close [ by being an imposter ]by confusing the masses.

And if you'd care to do some reading, I'm sure you'll find this book as informative as I did;

The Curse of Canaan

[edit on 7-4-2008 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

And if you'd care to do some reading, I'm sure you'll find this book as informative as I did;

The Curse of Canaan

I've got one even better for you:

Why People Believe Weird Things

top topics

join