It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Most Historic Song Personally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ok I've got about two.

My mother used to play this when I was a child to lull me to sleep. Ah, I miss her singing. Anyways, here it is.

And this is just some heavy hearted Radiohead (mind won't you)...
I used to sing/cry myself to sleep to this.

Don't laugh damn you, lol.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You sure can't go wrong with Pachelbel's Canon in D.

Marines' Hymn Apotheosis

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Generation X - kiss me deadly
I found Generation X when I was on holidays in England and must have listened to this song 1000 times while I was there. When I close my eyes and listen to this song all those memory's come flooding back, I miss that place and I miss my life back then.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
not sure what you mean by "historic"... are you asking what songs are our all-time favorites or mean the most to us? or should i tell you the oldest song i remember hearing?

anyway, there's nothing wrong with radiohead. "nice dream" is a pleasant one.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think this is the first song i was ever aware of liking.

Like i used to hear music before this but it didn't really mean anything or impact me. First time I heard this song i was like 11 or 12 and i was hooked. this was the first cd i bought too

third eye blind - semi-charmed life

it's crazy though...now i listen to this song with more mature ears and discover it's about the use of crystal meth and wanting to get off it

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
My mother used to sing this to me....It was like her multi-purpose song. She sang it to me if I was crying, if I was hurt, If I was trying to sleep...She just always sang this song to me...Except that my mother didn't usually have a great big Camera Smile on when she sang it to me...LOL...

The first song I remember liking though, or having any sort of personal attachement to, was "Lion in the Winter" by Hoyt Axton.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Some songs seem to have a happy tune to them, but the lyrics make it clear it is not really a happy song, or there is just something off. What would that be called?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyorai

True. There are songs that have that kind of "feel-good" sound to them, but then you hear the lyrics, and your sitting there wondering "what the....I thought this was a happy song? What about the butterflies? And the sunshine?"

I'm not too sure what its called when that happens....When the Music sounds happy, and the lyrics aren't....It kind of reminds me of someone who smiles while they are insulting you....

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Lot's of examples come from nursery rimes, since they were often used as a way to say something politically but so it's not so obvious and you don't get the ax.

A good example of beautiful tune yet subtly devastating lyrics is Radiohead's b side You Never Wash Up After Yourself.

To stay with the topic, here's one that is similar in meaning to me as Exit Music is. Yet I don't feel much when I listen to it nowadays, oddly.

[edit on 13/4/2008 by Nyorai]

top topics

join