It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Hawks curiously flying over Sydney NOW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Just a very quick thread/question.

There is a significant amount of Black Hawk helicopters flying over Sydney's central business district RIGHT NOW.

Dodes anybody know why this would be - they seem to be circling. I have heard 5 helicopters or the sasme helicopter flying overhead five times.

I went out with my camera but it ran out of battery - damn it.

I can confirm one Black Hawk flying VERY close to the building tops. There was quite a crowd looking up and i heard someone say they saw two of them.

Just thought i'd post to see if anyone knows how to find out fi this was scheduled - if not, then why? Been plenty of UFO sightings followed by miltary aircraft...?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
d00d its just training for a terrorist attack.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
i thought training as well but i have worked in city for many years and have never heard em like this before - actually i have never heard them ever.

There are at least 2 - i just went out and saw em.

I dunno, i just thought someone may be able to confirm any training drills going on today... ATS is great for this kind of stuff!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It sounds like TAG East / 4RAR (Commandos) are conducting some training.

I'll do some digging for ya and see what I can find.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieNutter

that would be great mate - thanks

there were two confirmed choppers but possibly more. Was happening at approx 2pm to 3pm Sydney time.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
lol, Im pretty sure its just training for what ever. They have to practice flying through urban locations like Sydney just in case something ever happens.

-fm

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I don't know what the equivalents are in Sydney, but I'm sure they are the same there as in Britain & the U.S.

Call the local airport. Find out the name of the military division that monitors all the air traffic control.

Call the military unit that monitors the air traffic control.

Ask them.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It was a training run for new pilots. Don't forget we have the pope coming in a few months for World Youth Day. It probably has to do with that as well. Main Stream Media put out warnings on Sunday that they will be running exercises for the next two days, flying over the CBD over and along Pitt street mostly. It was the same scenario for APEC last year.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Training exercise is being conducted. Soon the black Hawks will be replaced by the sound of the MRH90 helicopters.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
and this is why ATS is so valuable.

Even though now i know it was training - it is still kinda freaky to see and hear that going on. Watching peoples reactions was very interesting regardless.

Thanks for the info guys, great stuff!!

new topics

top topics

join