It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philosophy of Deception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Deception involves acting in such a way which leads another person to believe something, that you, yourself, do not believe to be true.

Simple Test for Deception

People often claim that they are not misleading others even though they are intentionally withholding important information from them. People like to think this way, because it makes it easier for them to deceive others.

What is the Best Way to Lie?

To many people this question is off-putting.

But, a lot of research has looked at this topic and if you have enough time and know where to look, this type of information is readily available.

Leo Strauss’ Philosophy of Deception, many neoconservatives are disciples of a philosopher who believed that the elite should use deception, religious fervor and perpetual war to control the ignorant masses.

www.peuplesmonde.com...

The Illusion of Democracy – If We Can Keep It In the name of patriotism, we have participated in a planned deception to create a state of permanent war. In the name of profit, America has been sacrificed on the altar of the god of war, to create a global empire based on the mass-marketing of death.

www.thepeoplesvoice.org...

legitimize violence by suggesting those you are conquering are inferior"It is necessarily a racist ideology if you think about it, but most people aren't allowed to think about it thanks to powerful Zionist repression. Typically, when you gain such a state through violence and illegal means, you then have to make it seem legitimate..the best way of doing that is to claim that you are conquering an inferior people who weren't entitled to full human rights, or who are barbarians, who are not civilized, or who are terrorists by nature

uruknet.info...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Interesting external sources. But what are YOU trying to say? (And how is the general topic of deception relevant to Secret Societies specifically?)

[edit on 4/6/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
nice i love this stuff,

that philosopher sure is clever, id like to be one of his disciples

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

I can't tell which side of the fence you are on from your post but what I gather in general is that philosphy could stem into many different theories with a high risk of deviating from the truth. My belief is that religion and scripture are nothing to fear but embrace. To embrace a wild theory is foolish. The greatest myth is that the world has been here for more then 7,000 years. Besides, I find that most if not all philosphies including Plato and Aristotle all deviate from what God wrote anyhow.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Interesting external sources. But what are YOU trying to say? (And how is the general topic of deception relevant to Secret Societies specifically?)

[edit on 4/6/2008 by JoshNorton]

--------------------------------------------
Interesting indeed, you have just answered your own question on the subject of deception, maybe by way of not even realizing it. Do you recall when Bush was giving school lessons to the kids on that fatal day of 9/11, little did he realize that he was holding the "Goat Story Book" upside down, and looking like he was so concerned about the news, that he already knew. Wolfie and Cheney forgot to explain Bushie that he should have cried aloud, instead of being so stoned.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Straighten Arrow

I can't tell which side of the fence you are on from your post but what I gather in general is that philosphy could stem into many different theories with a high risk of deviating from the truth. My belief is that religion and scripture are nothing to fear but embrace. To embrace a wild theory is foolish. The greatest myth is that the world has been here for more then 7,000 years. Besides, I find that most if not all philosphies including Plato and Aristotle all deviate from what God wrote anyhow.

--------------------------------------------

Good one, which side of the fence, it's a simple version of the principles of deception, that secret societies use on a daily basis, not forgetting that ordinary people also use this application, although on a small scale. The bigger the job----the better the deception. Fools just love it's Flavor.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

What does this have to do with Secret Societies?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

--------------------------------------------------

It has everything to do with Secret Societies, as their very survival
depends on Secrecy, Deception and if they are ever found out.....you will
be labeled as a usual Conspiracy Nutcase to deflect the attention. So in whichever way you look at it, Secret Societies feed on Deception.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Not quite, they feed on successful deception.

p.s; The best way to lie is to get people to agree with what you're saying, of course.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That leo strauss guy, for example;

Any other circumstance, and i'd be tempted to call him a glorified con-man.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

It has everything to do with Secret Societies, as their very survival
depends on Secrecy, Deception and if they are ever found out.....

How would the survival of any secret society depend on deception?
(Let's ignore secrecy here, since it is not the topic of this thread.)

Please expand on this...

Could you also explain why a society like the freemasons, which has no deception, manages to survive, contrary to your statement?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I've been finding that every philosopher I have studied wants it their way or the highway. So yeah, they are all deceptive. There is only one truth, and it ain't theirs. There are so many different theories but there is only one path that is the straight and narrow.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

They are big into their own philosophical theories that divert's some one from their own personal faith? Just a wild guess

new topics

top topics

join