It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bugatti Veyron

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The Bugatti Veyron is the fastest car in the world, well, that's on sale. It was taken out os the lead by the SSC Aero.

anyway, this car is amazing! It has 10 radiators and the engine produces a massive 1001 horsepower! it's top speed is 253 MPH!

At it's top speed, the tires will only last 50 minutes, but that's ok, because the fuel will only last 12 minutes!

Dispite these amazing stats, it's still considered a luxury car!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I've seen and heard of the car before, but I didn't know those things you mentioned about the tires and the gas. That's amazing!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Wow galm1 finally some car talk!

As a car freak myself, thanks for this post! I have not been paying attention to car news lately so I haven't heard of this car you speak of, but this is a car that's mass marketed? With that much HP?

I hate to ask what the price tag of it is! Can you imagine the insurance on it?

I am going to google it, thanks for the post.

Here's the wikipedia link to it all SWEET en.wikipedia.org...

Base Price: 2006 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - Approx. $1,700,000 (last update: 1/19/2007)
www.rsportscars.com...

[edit on 6-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
insurance... there isn't an insurance company that will cover it!

as for the price...

$2 to 1 pound...

roughly 800,000 pounds...

too lazy to do the math... I'm an AMERICAN!!! put the price in American dollars!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Here's some cool videos of it in action for those interested

www.youtube.com...

A cool video of an airstrip drag race between a Bugatti Veyron and a BMW M3

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
this car is so over-rated. It has a big engine, so it make big power. Take a look at the Evo FQ400. 2 liters, 400hp, 0-60 in 3.5sec and it only cost about $73,890. Also, take ANY CAR you want and thrown in $300k and it'll be faster than it. This car has been out since 2006, so I dont know why you would just be seeing coverage on it now. IMO its hideous, too. I just hate exotics.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by jasonm56]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
this car does 0-60 in 2.8 seconds! This car isn't over rated...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So $1000 per/hp isnt overrated? Its super expensive, huge engine with 4 turbos and looks bad. I say huge engine, because real cars dont require 8L engines with 4 turbos. To me thats not anything. Hell, with that engine they can be making more power, but its already sucking up enough fuel. Now, I respect its speed, but compare it and it sucks.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonm56

It has a W16 engine! This car is a monster, and yet it's still considered a luxury car!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I take it you didn't read one thing about what I just said?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonm56

As a skateboarder my first reaction is that you are wrong and a 2 wheel peddling Neanderthal. But I must refrain from making biker jokes. the vayron is made with 1 thing in mind. Excess and it has that in spades so it achieved exactly what it was meant to and hey no one in they're right mind would turn one of these down.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
for a super car, it get fairly decent MPG. It's not like the Hummer were it's gallons to the mile.

I think it gets about 12-15 mpg...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The Veyron is an awesome car, it was designed and made purely as an excercise to see if it was possible. I think I even remember hearing somewhere that with the cost of manufacturing and mthe materials used, there wasnt a great deal of profit from the sale of each one.

Watch this Top Gear video of it raceing a plane accross europe, very funny!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The Veyron is rather incredibly engineered, but I also agree that its overrated.

It doesnt really suit any application:

It isnt a grand tourer, or an everyday car, or a racing car or anything else for that matter!

Personally, I would rather have a Nissan Skyline GT-R... anyone who knows how to tune it properly with Nismo parts can get 1000bhp out of that 2.6 litre engine, which I find far more astonishing than the Veyron.

Here it is attacking the Nurburgring Nordschleife in about 7 and a half minutes... astonishing. I doubt the Veyron could come up with this sort of performance:

mod edit: fixed link

[edit on 28-5-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
The Veyron is rather incredibly engineered, but I also agree that its overrated.

It doesnt really suit any application:

It isnt a grand tourer, or an everyday car, or a racing car or anything else for that matter!

Personally, I would rather have a Nissan Skyline GT-R... anyone who knows how to tune it properly with Nismo parts can get 1000bhp out of that 2.6 litre engine, which I find far more astonishing than the Veyron.

Here it is attacking the Nurburgring Nordschleife in about 7 and a half minutes... astonishing. I doubt the Veyron could come up with this sort of performance:

Thats exactly what im talking about! And nobody would turn it down, but would you actually Buyit? And also, being a biker has nothing to do with my intelligence as im obviosly smarter than a skateboarder.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The price of a base Veyron is 1.8 million (USD).

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Let's see if we can make that video link work:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Here is a 2.0L engine producing more HP. A small 4 cylinder Evo VIII.

Of course it might be a little scary to take this beast out for a daily drive but it will scream down a straight lane I am sure.
Here is a link to the thread about the car itself showing Dynos and all.
forums.evolutionm.net...

Here are a few more links to check this car out. I would love to drive/ride this car but again it would also be somewhat scary as well.

Video! 1079whp & 653tq 46psi!
www.youtube.com...
World's Most Powerful Evolution 8 2.0 liter

Fastest privately owned non shop evo 8 in the world
5/22/08 [email protected] 128.9 Best 1/8th mile only 41psi!
Drag strip

Not that I would turn down the Bugatti, but I would rather have a car that is slightly more practical.

Raist

[edit on 5/28/08 by Raist]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by galm 1
The Bugatti Veyron is the fastest car in the world, well, that's on sale. It was taken out os the lead by the SSC Aero.

I wouldn't necessarily say so.

The Bugatti Veyron is a real production car, being manufactured in significant numbers and in several iterations. The SCC Aero is technically a production car as well, but as of this date I believe only a handful of Aeros and maybe not even a single 'Ultimate' edition car, have been sold. SCC seems like more of a botique car builder.

If you want to OOH and AAH about fast cars, there have been even faster ones since the 80's. The Oldmobile Aerotech posted a top speed of 267.88 mph in August of 1987 and has recorded an unofficial top speed of 278 mph on asphalt; The Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette posted a top speed of 254.76 mph in October of 1988 at the TRC oval in Ohio.

join