It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is a Hypocrite

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The thing I find interesting is that the Christians think they have free will. Well I am here to say, NOT!!!

Last time I checked freedom was free. According to the bible you can practice your free will and choose what you want to do. This simply is so stupid I could scream. God sets conditions upon people and if they do not obey them they get punished.

OK lets see if I get this right. I have free will, but it will cost me?? I can practice my free will with God and I can go to heaven BUT I must obey the rules... hmmm didn't know there was rules to freedom. Isn't that a contradiction in terms? So if I follow the rules that God sets then where the heck is the freedom part.

I think the standard Christian God, is a blackmailer... and he has another plan. The the Churches of the world tend to guilt you and scare you into believing you have freedom while taking your freedoms away.

Dad=God
Joey=You

I see it kinda like what follows:

Dad: I love you Joey. I have a big chocolate candy bar for you. (show him the candy, temptation). The thing is Joey you cant eat it EVER, you cant touch it, EVER, and you cant look at it EVER. Oh you have a choice though Joey. You can eat, touch or look at it, but if you do Joey I am gonna send you to hell. OK you got it now?.

Joey: Why are you giving it to me then? What is the point?

Dad: Well Joey, I love you and I think I should give you the choice to go to hell or not. Whats the problem? I gave it to you, you should be grateful for it.

Joey: Well it's not that I am not grateful, I just don't understand it.

Dad: I love you Joey. Here is a book that will explain it all to you. Never mind that it is in Sanscrip, you read it anyways. Then you will understand why I gave it to you.

Joey: So why are you gonna send me to hell then if I break the rules? That's not fair. You gave the candy to me freely, and you said I could have it. Then you said I couldn't do anything with it? How is that a choice for me?? You already said I couldn't have it after you gave it to me?? Why the heck did you give it to me in the first place.

Dad: Cause I love you son. I love you so much that I am gonna let you prove to me how much you love me.

Joey: But don't you know I love you, I tell you all the time?

Dad: Sure I know that. But I want you to prove that to me.

Joey: Why?

Dad: Because I said so. I love you Joey.

This is hypocracy.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

there is a difference between freedom to choose and freedom from consequence.

a young person cant want for their freedom to drive. but when they receive that freedom, it doesnt mean they have the freedom to run red lights, or drive on the other side of the road. these things would be dangerous to them and to others.

gods laws are the same thing. we have free will. we are not destined to do things. however our actions come with a certain amount of responsibility. god says not to murder. if i disobey, i will suffer consequences that god will not shield me from.

hellfire is not supported by the bible btw.

<< 1  2   >>

join