It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotes From Extreme Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Well Oz,

You do know that the current....'Idiot in Chief' never won any legitimate election beyond Governor of Texas?

See...it's been plainly evident, to most thinking Americans, that the 'Shrub' was installed in the 2000 'election'....because the Supreme Court had been composed, by chance, in earlier adminstrations....and, by chance, a very Liberal member would leave for personal reasons, or die...

After the ballot fiasco in the 2000 election, the right-wing Christians, those who had 'annointed' the moron Bush, wanted to make sure it went through, at whatever cost. The fact that it came down to the State of Florida (his brother was Governor then) and the State's Katherine Harris, former Secretary of State, Florida are merely co-incidences?

Finally, to the US Supreme Court....according to our Constitution, outside of the Law...in a 5-4 vote...installed the idiot, and forbade any more re-counts, in a very close vote....AND, there was a MAJORITY of popular votes for the other candidate....Al Gore...but the 'electoral' system, with help from the Judicial Branch, swayed the results, and we now suffer the consequences of that one decision.

Sidebar...there are two 'supremes' who seem to be 'joined at the hip'. Antonin Scalia (a Catholic) and Clarence Thomas (a Black man). Odd that these two always, always vote together, and when you review Clarence Thomas' record, he rarely speaks in open hearings.....

This is not to be inferred as a racist affront, it only shows those outside of the USA what we have had to endure for the last decade, so far...

Our basis of Government, the 'Constitution', has been trampled on over the last eight years, at least....our 'Bill of Rights' is also being systematically shredded....

I have a Holiday planned in July this year....wondering if I'll have a home to come back to after........

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Zealots... probably. Idiots... definitely!

If there were just some way to keep these fools from using the same label I do, I'd feel a lot more like laughing.

TheRedneck

There are plenty of comparable cases on these boards. As a Christian, you might correct them.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I sometimes wonder if that molecule and God are one in the same. I feel people can have whatever belief they want or need just don't force it upon others.

That would give credence to the quotes like:

"God is everywhere"

"God is everything"

Quite literally if that were true.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

lol....I was just thinking about all the NEW AGE quotes I could get at ATS

NOT YOU, but good grief...they're everywhere! lol

But somehow, I don't think those would be well received! lmao

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Replying to myself....such a narcissist!

My holiday is to the Baltic region, myself and partner on a cruise in July, 2008....Copenhagen to Stockholm, with ports in between, of course...

I'm not driving off-topic, I have a point.

There are a great deal of Christian venues in the region, I assume. ALSO, will spend time in St. Petersburg, which is a veritable treasure chest of Christian thing to see...

I have been to 'cathedrals' in England, France, Germany, Czheck Republic...been to many ancient sites in Greece, Turkey as well...oh, did I mention my visit to Egypt?

I enjoy reading how 'christians' claim to know the truth....while IGNORING every other religion, either before, or currently, who ALSO claim to 'know' the truth....

This is a great thread, OZ....will get 'down under' soon...

ps...was there, years ago, LOVE Sydney, LOVE Melbourne!!!
I hear Perth is nice...if a bit remote......and I have yet to SCUBA in your area, so looking forward....

pps...what is the current Aussie Gov stand on ex-pats emmigrating? Any ideas?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

Oh, I do try. But I've already worn out one keyboard.

In truth, I have a major problem when confronted directly with such asinine statements. They indicate hypocrisy, which is my pet peeve, and I wind up smoking three times my normal cigarette intake and still go off a bit.

Watch my posts, rizla. You'll find I have very little patience for these type of people.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Thanks for making that clear. Its good to finally see a Christian who openly respects other religions and lifestyles. From my point of view thats what I thought Christianity was about.

I wish all religious people/ groups were as open minded as you

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thanks for that WW. Now I have a better understanding of how US politics works.

Perth is very nice, thats where I grew up!!! Best place to go scuba diving is the Great Barrier Reef, its well worth the money

If you wanna immigrate, you wont have any problem....we seem to let in everyone, lol. Damn you arab extremists!!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

LOL!!!

Well Oz, as I sit here, and chuckle,,,but I am serious....I may end up in Scandanvia, which airn't so bad, pardon my English!

If I had my druthers, though...I'd come down under, since there's so much there...and the Kiwis are just a short flight away, since I've never been there. AND, it's just a short hop, so to speak, to IndoNesia....

Yes, I think I'd fare quite well...I am seeing less and less need to stay in the country of my birth, since it seems to be going off the rails....

The USA has a lot of beautiful vistas, and things to see, but so did Germany in 1938....not trying to imply a connection, but certain parallels do seem to be occuring....

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I wonder if anyone has ever asked him where GOD came from and he/she had an explanation.

[quote=God]
“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last”

I'm an Agnostic, or lapsed Catholic and most of the original OP sounds so like my mother that I am currently checking to make sure she hasnt posted anything on line
I get really annoyed by this whole My Gods better than your God attitude - Its the same God! Isalmic, Hebrew Christian - One God, same guy

The problem with religions (and I mean all religions here) is that they seem to find the biggest nutter and leave them in charge. A bit like an election but with faith.
Then you have the nutter who thinks that they should be incharge of the religion, but in truth is someone who shouts a lot and can remember some volatile verses of their religous book, ignoring its context or even if its actually correct. They then shout down anyone who has a viewpoint contrary to their own or who points out flaws in their arguments. This in turn is then put down to lies, misquotes, and evil trickery and will involve at some point God 'striking them down', or in some cases arranging for their adversory to be killed, despite all religious books saying dont kill, but this will be OK as it didnt mean them.

I hate religion.
I hate what it does to some people.
I hate what some people do in the name of their religion.
Don't get me wrong, I dont hate God. Basically I think God should just come down and set a few things straight and they can argue with him direct

[/end rant]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have no interest in arguing religion, faith or God. I thought this thread was about stupid Christian quotes.

You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist. I can love the people who hold false opinions but I don't have to be nice to them.
-- Pat Robertson, The 700 Club television program, January 14, 1991

This one's classic...

To me, the greatest book of all time is "The Bible" because there's some
religious stuff in it!" - Jim Rosenberg

[edit on 8-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13

I'm not saying that many christians are not extremists but when your stating so many things about evolution you may want to get the key fact right; humans supposably evolved from chimps not monkeys. I'm an evolutionist by the way.

I am not certain here as I am no evolutionist, but I think the common consensus is that humans and other primates evolved not from one or the other(chimps--->humans in this case) but from a common ancestor. I find it very hard to believe we are direct descendants of chimps or any other living primates as you suggest.

Anyway, this thread isn't so much funny as it is disheartening. Some people are so blinded by their faith they either fail to or chose not to see whats smacking them in the face.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

So the fundamentalist christians are this illiterate, considering that the quotes sounds like they're written by two year old pirates.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AnOldFriend

Read any sort of science book talking about evolution, we have the most genetic similarities with chimps not monkeys. It may be that we came from a common ancestor but more then likely he was all chimp and something else and absolutely no monkey.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

so Whaaa your saying is that not only are there no basis for your quotes but the writer was against feminism too? Last time I checked puclic colleges are still pumping out most of our sports players here in america; those 1000 players that went to the NFL last year must've been such pansies.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

Wait a sec.....I sound like your mother?

I am atheist though, and it sounds like she is a Christian

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join