It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Angels.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"ANGELS"

Today I was thinking about Angels.....

Amazing things angels....Did you realize that mankind can count on his hand the things usually prayed too....Gods, Saints, Angels....as a group they seem to rank right up there as pretty special....We name them, give them specific jobs or titles...clasify them and give them rank even....and from what I can tell they deserve every bit of the attention we give to them.....just think about it here.....

Angels bring us messages, they protect us from harm, sometimes even from ourselves, they give us guidence and teachings...and even bring warnings....

I'm thinking of the story of Lot....and when Angels were sent to warn him of his cities impending destruction by God....Now thats the kind of messangers i'd want coming around......still, as I was thinking of that story today i couldn't help but think of the angels and the conversation they must have been having as they were leaving the city......Angel one, "You did mention to his wife not to look back didn't you?" Angel two, "Nah, I told Lot and i'm sure he'll pass the message along." : )

We also have disagreements about angels, their purpose or meaning...just like we have disagreements about alot of other things...But that doesn't change the sheer magic and warmth they seem to bring into our beings as we discuss them or feel them around us...the one thing i've yet to find disagreement on is if they exist..seems we all believe that....

I watched a movie recently, "City of Angels" and in it the writer seemed to be stressing that people and angels were seperate...two differant beings and that even though in the movie an angel became human that is wasn't possible for a human to become an angel....

BAHHH!!!! I don't believe that for even a second....

Anyone who believes humans can't be angels has obviously never seen the face of a sleeping toddler, or a fireman struggling desperately to save the burning home of someone he doesn't know, or a volunteer in a hospice helping a dying person make an easy journey into the next world....

Matter of fact...I believe we all have a streak of angel in us....each of us has done good things that were beyond the norm...with prayers, hope hugs and love we've touched more lives than any of us will ever really know....

I guess the point i'm getting at is this. The next time you find yourself in front of a mirror, looking for a new gray hair or and old gray wrinkle....step back for just a moment...and take a good look at the person in the mirror....You may just be suprised at the beauty of the angel looking back at you....

[edit on 6-4-2008 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
For the record, this was suppose to go in the creative writing section, but the creative writing section is on the fritz.

I hope my mod friends will move it when the writing section is back up.

Love and light,

wupy

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
thats a pretty nice thought, i never read the creative writing forum, i'm glad it was on the fritz.

i can't say i have ever felt the presence of an angel, i would like to though. i do feel a certain warmth when reading your post, but i put that down to the fact that i don't read that many uplifting posts. a very nice thought. thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Praying to angels is a bad things, says so in the bible.
Angels are servants of God, messengers and protect people, but they are not to be worshipped.
However there are bad angels, angels that are not servants of God, but servants of evil, lust, selfishness, satan. These are the bad guys, they are not to be worshipped either.

Don't worship or pray to angels.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
worship and praying are two entirely different things. praying is just talking to or meditating upon a being, worship is loving and obeying and believing in the truth of something.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Worshipping Angels for Christians would be like treating municipal city employees like the president or the Pope. The Angels have some powers but they are too limited to be of much use to most people. In the Bible the angels can even sometimes come across as mischievous. Such as when one of them made a donkey talk back to the owner who was an enemy of the Hebrews. Most people do not feel comfortable dealing with middle men and God is someone people can contact on there own.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the input guys, I do appreciate it.

Love and light,

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by eradown

quite right, worshiping angels is a complete waste of time. praying to angels, now that has its uses, if you lose your wedding ring, and you ask an angel for help, they'll help, at least thats what we're told. now you could pray to god, but he's a busy guy, why bother him. it's like calling the president about a leaky fire hydrant, you wouldn't do it. you'ld call a municipal city employee.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

God is infinite. He can handle all our problems at once and not even break a sweat. Most of our problems we can solve all by ourselves. Only God can help with the tough problems.The Angels don't do squat unless God tells them to do something. It's tough to tell which Angel would be most useful. Their powers overlap and God uses the Angels in creative ways to solve our problems. Michael is supposed to be the martial Angel but Raphael the Angel of healing was the one sent to protect Tobias when he was traveling to help Sarah. Gabriel the angel of communication started wars between the nephilim in order to prevent them from consolidating their powers. The point is we can't tell which Angel can help us or even what they could do to help ,only God knows how to direct the Angels so they can be most effective.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If an Angel told you to pray to him and worship him otherwise he would take your soul and devour it, would you?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think most of you are taking this thread in a direction that it was not intended to go.

wupy, beautiful sentiment. I often get a sensation of great comfort when I see someone do something that is absolutely selfless. Its amazing that in this current world of chaos and ego that people can still go out of their way for their fellow man without themselves gaining anything from it.

Fantastic.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Anyone who believes humans can't be angels has obviously never seen the face of a sleeping toddler, or a fireman struggling desperately to save the burning home of someone he doesn't know, or a volunteer in a hospice helping a dying person make an easy journey into the next world....

Nice writing. Angel means "messenger from God" in most contexts. However they have many roles and there are a host of variety.

An Angel is a spiritual and physical being and a separate entity from a human. Sure they appear as humans and we can not tell the difference. Is that what yopu meant? Or maybe you are using the term a little loosely? You might be better saying they are "angelic".

However be wary not all angels are good. One third fell from grace and wreak havoc upon mankind.

A Modern Guide to Demons and Fallen Angels

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This was just a short story I felt like typing out. I've heard there is no good writing, only good rewriting. Perhaps I need to rework it a bit.
Anyway,

The only real point was about the beauty in each and every one of us, even when we sometimes can't see that beauty in ourselves.

That's what I was going for anyway. I think

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
Praying to angels is a bad things, says so in the bible.
Angels are servants of God, messengers and protect people, but they are not to be worshipped.
However there are bad angels, angels that are not servants of God, but servants of evil, lust, selfishness, satan. These are the bad guys, they are not to be worshipped either.

Don't worship or pray to angels.

Amen. Definitely do NOT worship angels!

Here's the link to an article on the The Cherubic Order of Angels, if anyone is interested in reading more about them.

join