It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Prediction 2008 Olympics in China Cancelled - Comes True?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
hello everyone ..great site ..i found the above on another site .i thought it might be of interest

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am here reading his "knowledge" of the future.
I found this little bit interesting

"In my 2012, I was 14 years old spending most of my time living, running and hiding in the woods and rivers of central Florida. The civil war was in its 7th year "

I am no math wiz but, since this is 2008 and 2012 is what 4 years away, where is this civil war?

I am reading down the page on www.johntitor.com... at the highlighted question:
"Does anything happen in the year 2012? I've heard stories about the world ending."

i say fraud!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jickler

It may sound like a cop-out, or an excuse, but it isn't, it's a scientific theory that time travel means going down differing timelines, or essentially traveling to entirely different parallel universes.

So if you as a time traveler, go back in time, say to your birth, and kill yourself there at the hospital, based on the multiple universe theory, nothing would happen to you in your timeline or your universe.

What does this mean for Titor predictions? The divergence of events and history is theorized as 'small' as you travel small amounts of time, the further in time you travel the more divergent the stream (parallel universe) you may enter. So for Titor, his predictions may be off both on time periods as well as other effects. Possibly the steelers win the superbowl as opposed to the patriots, etc. However it's thought that the general big picture of events will occur in these 'families' of timelines.

So according to Titors predictions then:

Yes the civil war will happen, the exact year and events surrounding it may be off slightly

Yes the Olympics will either cancelled or effectively boycotted by so many countries that it for all intents is cancelled (lets say China and Russia are the only participants).

Etc. So again is it a cop-out, an excuse? The theory is what the theory is, according to it, thats the sense of how it would work in a simplistic way. So is it true? Who knows, 'time' will tell

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Did it not say that his time line and ours have very little difference? I think a 7 year civil war is a big difference afftecting countless of peoples lives and paths. Because of the civil war, the next hitler has died or never born as an example. start the war later or never, this hitler could succees where as germanys hitler has failed. agian a major difference

How do you know our worldline and yours will follow the same path?
This worldline and my own are almost exactly alike.

our worldlines are about 2% different

again a civil war is a huge difference.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by jickler]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Great thread by the way battlestar. Keeps my brain thinking

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I've had all the right reasons to rule out the acuracy of John Titors predictions after civil war wasn't happening, BUT at the time, I did not read the hints that he gave us that he was lying about the time frame of his predictions.
It always surprised me that we don't see many timetravelers from the future so this is why that any creditable story like this one gets all my attention.

I take things extremely seriously when a situation such as this one lines up with other extremely creditable sources:
Dr. Dan Burisch knows about the government's "looking glass" technology. He has talked a lot about it. 3 billion people are expected to die. No one is allowed to use the "looking glass" anymore before 2016.
Here's a link amoung many out there:
www.rumormillnews.com...
The Bible mentions this situation not as 3 billion out of 6 billion people disappearing, but as one out of every two people:
Matthew 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
The Bible also mentions that there will be a flood type of "world destruction" event as it states:
Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
Ok in summary:
The "looking glass" is banned until 2016. (because something happens
in 2015)
3 billion people and one out of every two people die.
A world destruction type of event happens like "The Great Flood".

This really sounds like what John Titor was saying. A 2015 nuclear war that kills 3 billion people by surprise.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jickler

One could argue that the Cival War is just a peice of the 2% difference, let's take that 7 year war, and lets take all other companies, animals, plantlife, ect ect.. that has remains the same for those same 7 years in both timelines.

your civil war can easily be considered less then 2 percent of everything else that is constant in the world(s)

[edit on 17-4-2008 by mindping]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Didn't John Titor say something about different timelines and such when he time traveled. Therefore his timeline could be slightly off from ours. Having that said, I don't understand why theres so many people saying stuff like "Ohhhh there was supposed to be a civil war by now! where is it huh huh?!?"

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I love how John Titor is called a hoax but fact is he stated from the get go that there was a percentile difference between his reality and our own.
I believe if any time traveler was or will be real it was him.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

a valid point

BUT

if you are going to invoke the " its a different timeline " excuse , then

ALL john titior " predictions " are worthless

sorry but you cannot have it both ways - if you allow the different timeline excuse for the failure of civil war to erupt in the states

then what is the point of even addressing the claim of olympic cancelation ?????????????????????

HUH ? HUH??????????????????

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Excellent point i_a! That's what I've been trying to say, but no one seems to notice! Jaaa!!
I'm outta here. My time line on this thread has come to an end!

Cheers!

[edit on 14-5-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
there must be thousands of timelines.. otherwise titor would just pick up a newspaper to find out what timeline he is in.. then again.. if they dont know what timeline there going to travel too... how did he know that that computer would be in this timeline??? if you think about it... none of it adds up.. and no mention of the WTC. I gotta kick out of his corvette ,,, and his wooden time machine box.. with old toggle switches.. and a couple of doorbell ringers.. wowww..

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by balon0

a valid point

BUT

if you are going to invoke the " its a different timeline " excuse , then

ALL john titior " predictions " are worthless

sorry but you cannot have it both ways - if you allow the different timeline excuse for the failure of civil war to erupt in the states

then what is the point of even addressing the claim of olympic cancelation ?????????????????????

HUH ? HUH??????????????????

Someone simply not smart enough to contemplate what Titor was getting at. I love you sir, you give me reason to live. I will not open a class and educate you its not my job in life. If you dont know I hope you are among the red in the camps.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

oh... I see.. you have to really be smart to understand ... so he was only talking to you geniuses out there.. ahhhhh.. no wonder.. duhhhhhhh

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Titor actually claimed that

"As a result of the many conflicts ... there were no official Olympics after 2004"

Now, there has already been one Olympics since 2004 (Torino 2006), there is no suggestion that even should a number of countries boycott Beijing the Olympics won't go ahead (remember Moscow?
) nor any suggestion that there will not be Olympics in 2010 (winter) and 2012 (summer) .....

Thus, it can already be shown that the prediction is in error. However, since we then invoke the 'alternative timeline' idea, we can argue that the fact the prediction is wrong does not falsify the premise that Titor is a time traveller ...... and furthermore, that it is fundamentally impossible to falsify the claim.

Which simply means that there can be no possible proof one way or the other - so belief in Titor is a matter of Faith ..... A bit like belief in Vishnu, Zeus and Thor's Bar and Grill in Valahalla .....

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The John Titor story is very intriguing, and while it had me going for a while I now find it harder and harder to believe.

Side Note: How come the digital camera quality in the future is so crappy? I.E. The pictures of his corvette. Why no full car body pictures?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl

Side Note: How come the digital camera quality in the future is so crappy? I.E. The pictures of his corvette. Why no full car body pictures?

Because Titor comes from a different timeline where digital photography never advanced beyond basic point and shoot 1.2 megapixel cameras

See, it's easy, whatever anyone says they cannot falsify Titor.

Nor, of course, can they prove anything he says.

Is there any different between Titor an a religious cult leader?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Who knows. It may be real, it may not.

Maybe, just maybe it is real, and maybe JT jumped ship on his future superiors, when he discovered that this timeline does not have the civil war with the outcome he described. Maybe he is an agent for the WRONG side, and was sent back to "fix" things so they end up like today. Who knows.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I kinda think that they should can the Olympics. After the earthquake and all the human rights protests...to me it just doesn't seem right to go ahead with now.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
didn't he also warn us about the president in 09 caring about only HIS/HER power base? Hmmmm, just curious, will anyone get a little worried if Obama happens to choose HRC as his running mate? I think the pieces are slowly beginning to fit..........

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join