It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

John Titor Prediction 2008 Olympics in China Cancelled - Comes True?

page: 7
41
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch
 


What I feel is that we’re talking of three different unproven concepts here:

> Time travel or interdimensional travel.
> Concept of multiverse travel.
> Dimensional travel.

Time Travel Or Interdimensional Travel

In time travel, as shown in my very simple sketch in a previous post in this thread, it is IMPOSSBLE to travel back in time on the same time line, ie., in the same dimension. You can travel back to say 1974, but this will be on a different time line and therefore a different 1974 in a different dimension. Though most of the stuff will likely be the same, you won’t find your parents here! There could be countless time lines/dimensions. And countless subtle differences too. Like 1974 would NOT exactly be what our 1974 was!

(And hey, if we could travel back in our time line, then why haven’t we met any time travelers so far? They could have changed the course of history. They could have provided us with 30th century technology. Or built Ferraris for the Romans or even provided Alexander the great with some cruise missiles!! And made the Nazis win WWII
)

Back on topic.


Multiverse Travel

Now where inter-universe or multiverse travel is concerned, here’s where quantum mechanics kicks in. We can perhaps enter another universe through a so called inter-universe ‘port hole’. A totally different universe to ours. But then you could come back from that universe to the same point from where you started through that ‘port hole’ without any time dilation effects. Like entering/exiting a doorway in your house. If you pass through an inter universe port hole, you’ll enter another universe with, say, no Alpha Centauri there. It would be non existent! But there would be other countless star systems! Probably this is what would happen if you exit through a black hole, entering another universe!

Dimensional Travel

So called worm holes are systems/methods to travel around in this dimension itself – in this universe. You could get to Alpha Centauri within minutes through a worm hole. This may be categorized as Dimensional Travel.

By the way, neither of the two violates Einstein’s theory of relativity as they do not involve FTL travel per se! Now that seems strange doesn’t it?

Now have I fried your brains? If yes, then join me for a chilled beer to cool off!


Cheers!




posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right thread, it does deal with John Titor predictions. What if hes right www.comcast.net...



posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh
 

Could you imagine popping around the universe and divergent time lines in a Corvette? Scary though all by itself...I'm all up for the cold beer,



posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by jbmitch
 


What I feel is that we’re talking of three different unproven concepts here:

> Time travel or interdimensional travel.
> Concept of multiverse travel.
> Dimensional travel.

Time Travel Or Interdimensional Travel

In time travel, as shown in my very simple sketch in a previous post in this thread, it is IMPOSSBLE to travel back in time on the same time line, ie., in the same dimension. You can travel back to say 1974, but this will be on a different time line and therefore a different 1974 in a different dimension. Though most of the stuff will likely be the same, you won’t find your parents here! There could be countless time lines/dimensions. And countless subtle differences too. Like 1974 would NOT exactly be what our 1974 was!

(And hey, if we could travel back in our time line, then why haven’t we met any time travelers so far? They could have changed the course of history. They could have provided us with 30th century technology. Or built Ferraris for the Romans or even provided Alexander the great with some cruise missiles!! And made the Nazis win WWII
)

Back on topic.


Multiverse Travel

Now where inter-universe or multiverse travel is concerned, here’s where quantum mechanics kicks in. We can perhaps enter another universe through a so called inter-universe ‘port hole’. A totally different universe to ours. But then you could come back from that universe to the same point from where you started through that ‘port hole’ without any time dilation effects. Like entering/exiting a doorway in your house. If you pass through an inter universe port hole, you’ll enter another universe with, say, no Alpha Centauri there. It would be non existent! But there would be other countless star systems! Probably this is what would happen if you exit through a black hole, entering another universe!

Dimensional Travel

So called worm holes are systems/methods to travel around in this dimension itself – in this universe. You could get to Alpha Centauri within minutes through a worm hole. This may be categorized as Dimensional Travel.

By the way, neither of the two violates Einstein’s theory of relativity as they do not involve FTL travel per se! Now that seems strange doesn’t it?

Now have I fried your brains? If yes, then join me for a chilled beer to cool off!


Cheers!


Nice post. I somewhat agree with you. I think that the Einstein Theory's have to be used in the sence that there is nothing in space but the ship so yes in that sence it is possible to go faster than the speed of light and do multiple other things. Also his theory states when an object hits the speed of light it gets bigger, but when you have something there to stop it from getting bigger such as a worm hole and the worm hole is controlable then you can go faster than the speed of light.



posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm looking for Sara Connor. I was told I could find her here.

Mod Note: One Line / Off Topic Post – Please Review This Link.


[edit on 9-4-2008 by elevatedone]



posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I dont quite understand the parallel universe disparity, but I was watching something on the history channel the other day where they were testing a time travel machine. They theorized that you could not go back futher than the second that the time machine was first turned on. The man's name was Ronald L. Mallett, and he had a very convincing argument. I think this John Titor was a fraud. I read everything on his website before deciding. There is just too much he did not answer. Though he made a convincing argument, I don't understand how he could not know so much. For example What happened to Bill Clinton. Chances are if he was born in 1998 he would have known or at least had an idea.

In the parallel universe disparity theory, does that mean there could be billions of versions of ourselves? And if not then how could John Titor see himself as a child?



posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thefight
 

Yes there could be an infinite amount of parallel universes, like instead of me replying to you, in another universe, you could be writing this paragraph to me.



posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Barack Obama has called on US President George W Bush to boycott the opening of the Beijing Olympics if China fails to improve its human rights record.

news.bbc.co.uk...



posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ghofer
 


Just missed her..see was in a plymouth neon,, running vegetable refruse through some sort of grinding appartus mounted on top of a whirling blinking thinga ma boober before whoosing off,,claiming some Austrian Body Builder was after her.



posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by IsThisTheEnd
 


"Not sure if this is the right thread, it does deal with John Titor predictions. What if hes right"

Doesnt mean much to me,,just means we wont see the Chinese domiant area of sports that they previously were lousy at ,,indicating the judging process,,,,



posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I don't think the Olympics will be cancelled (they didn't even cancel the Nazi-Olympics in 1936...)
But rumour has it (I heared it on the radio this morning, don't know if it's true) that the "torch run" for this year's Olympics will be the last after all the incidents (kind of ironic since the Nazi's introduced it in the first place and all the blind sheep and chickenheads keep upholding that "noble" and "honourable" tradition...)
So maybe no more torch runs after this one till 2040
The sheer stupidity of it all is just hilarious...
But anyway after the Olympics everyone will have forgotten about Tibet again and go about their lives and deal and accept China and their Nazi ways just like they did before the Olympics...
So enjoy this little skirmish while it lasts...

Neversin.



posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thefight
How could John Titor see himself as a child?


That's why I say John Titor is a fraud. I mean there was never such a person, just a figment of the writers imagination.

Hypothetically, if Titor saw himself as a child and killed him, then Titor would have gone pooofff at the same instant!! He would've ceased to exist. Is this scenario possible? NO! In other words, as I've already mentioned in my previous posts, one can NEVER go back on the same time line. And therefore Titor meeting himself as a child is a load of rubbish.



posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thefight
I dont quite understand the parallel universe disparity, but I was watching something on the history channel the other day where they were testing a time travel machine. They theorized that you could not go back futher than the second that the time machine was first turned on. The man's name was Ronald L. Mallett, and he had a very convincing argument. I think this John Titor was a fraud. I read everything on his website before deciding. There is just too much he did not answer. Though he made a convincing argument, I don't understand how he could not know so much. For example What happened to Bill Clinton. Chances are if he was born in 1998 he would have known or at least had an idea.

In the parallel universe disparity theory, does that mean there could be billions of versions of ourselves? And if not then how could John Titor see himself as a child?

That is a very interesting thing to theororize. The thing about once the machine is created it can't go back in actual time before the machine was turned on. That could be true. What was the program called? And thanks for the new theory.



posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
European Union Considers Olympic Opening Ceremony Boycott


voanews.com...



posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Intresting. So what happens if it does come true? So many more questions will arise. The Chinese are certainly making it harder for them selves and making it worse for others.



posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sd7000
Intresting. So what happens if it does come true? So many more questions will arise. The Chinese are certainly making it harder for them selves and making it worse for others.


Well there is still the matter of different time lines, thats why the story is so ongoing is that he can be wrong and easily put it down as "it happened in his timeline and ours must be different or changed" which is possible if Quantum Mechanics exists..But the fact that he would pick something thatwould be really hard to accomplish( stop world olympics) and it may come true....well thats a pretty similar timeline...



posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am not quite sure what the study was called but here is his homepage www.phys.uconn.edu...

You can also google his name and and read more about his experiments.

And with the parallel universe disparity he might beable to see himself as a child kill himself and have no consequnces. In another parallel universe we could have already started world war 3. It's all so confusing.



posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thefight
 

Yes here are his documentaries he's been in:
www.phys.uconn.edu...

He's an interesting fellow, says to be building a time machine and has the means to do it and the scientific backing. Basically creating a ripple in time/space th way a massive object creates these rifts or dimples in time, but with light. Lots of light in the form of lasers concentrated and forming a spiral, thereby focusing the mass (e=mc^2) in the form of light to one center point (or funnel) to create a time vortex.

This isn't science fiction its getting to be science fact.



posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by 4thefight
How could John Titor see himself as a child?


That's why I say John Titor is a fraud. I mean there was never such a person, just a figment of the writers imagination.

Hypothetically, if Titor saw himself as a child and killed him, then Titor would have gone pooofff at the same instant!! He would've ceased to exist. Is this scenario possible? NO! In other words, as I've already mentioned in my previous posts, one can NEVER go back on the same time line. And therefore Titor meeting himself as a child is a load of rubbish.



Actually Mike, meeting yourself on a divergent timeline is not really meeting yourself.

If Titor went back in time in the manner he claimed, this timeline is not the same as the one he left. This means that while they may have identical DNA, the original Titor and the Baby Titor are totally independent entities. Their individual actions do not affect the other in way way whatsoever.

If this theory of divergent timelines is correct, for arguements sake, there exists an infinite minus 1 amount of possible universes. Some of these universes would be so close to the one you came from and the differences so impreceptible (maybe a tree on the whitehouse lawn grew a branch three inches up it's trunk in one timeline and 19 inches in another) that you existing in at least 50 percent (possibly more but I'm not a statistics expert) is a safe bet.

Therefore meeting yourself in another timeline is quite possible. As well, if the machine could do what Titor claimed his could do, mainly narrow down the divergences to travel to only the most remotely different timelines, not the ones with enormous differences, that probability would possible be as high as 99%.



posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Titor said there wouldn't be any Olympics past 04 right?

To link the Olympics being canceled in 08 with Titors prediction of no more Olympics after 04 is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

Shouldn't we at least wait and see if the 08 Olympics are even canceled before we start jumping to conclusions like this?



new topics

top topics



 
41
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join