It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Prediction 2008 Olympics in China Cancelled - Comes True?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Only America and Europe? Isn't that a large percentage of participants to NOT partake in the Olympics?

It would be like a China vs. Russia match only.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
500 lbs on the passenger side of what appears to be a 60's era Chevy Corvette. Not sure the suspension would like that too much!

Also, note the picture showing the "instructor" shining a laser out the vehicle's passenger side window. I'm not sure the gravitational shear forces such a "Time Machine" would/could generate wouldn't be fatal to its operator.

And how is the temporal distortion field the device generates able to disinguish between the car/truck the device is mounted in and the surface that the vehicle is parked on?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
John Titor, is not that credible to me. I really got a laugh when I saw his time machine. Looked like the car from Back to the Future.

Hold a minute though... what if, he really was the real deal. Yup, thats it, I can't decide which side im on anymore. Oh yeah, did he say anything about UFOs? Nice thread flagged!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hi all
(here long time reader, new suscriber, I'm very happy to register here, where there is such smart people and interesting topics.
English is not my native langage so I apologize in advance)

I wanted to share with you a thought about one of John Titor's predictions: the Civil War: lot of people say he was wrong, because no civil war came in the US in 2004. But remember that he didn't want to give too much details about our future (for starters about Titor, don't trust anything that it's said about him, please read ALL the posts he made. Then you'll be able to judge by yourself. It's quite impressive).

What if John Titor spoke about Iraq, without giving hints about a future international war in 2001? I really think that in 2004, without stretching things much,Iraq wasn't an independant Land, but that it really was a Land belonging to the USA. So it can be seen as a US territory. And there is no denying that there is a civil war there, in a country belonging to the US > civil war "in the US"!

So please, what do you think about it? Can't it be that John Titor wanted to give us hints, but not too much?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTilde

No offense meant to the person above, it is an interesting theroy. that said, it's still a situation of interpreting Titor's statments to make them fit actual events. But take of that what you will, those who belive will regardless, jsut as those who don't.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Those past predictions aside, looking to future events, like the Olympics, what if his prediction does come true with the 2008 Olympics? Will you opinion change or stay the same?

Saying the Olympics will not be held is fairly specific especially in year 2000.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

I was under the impression that the Olympics were to becanceled due to America's Civil War. If not, then that's my mistake.
Will my opinion change? He missed the War, the Wacko Events, talked about things that, while not exactly common, were known at the time, and it would take a hugely bright person to extrapolate them. Well done and thought out hoaxes are done, not exactly often, but on occasion. All it takes is a brain and a bit of determination.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I don't believe this john titoe was from the future. As far as some of his predictions, were any of these stories known before he arrived? And about the time machine how can he go back further than the time machines existence?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The first time I ever heard of John Titor I was lurking at a site called anomalies.net
The furor around this dude and his posts intrigued me, but honestly there was/is (there and here) way too much volume of reading to do to have read everything about Titor. I think he/they is a hoax--well thought out and constructed as a hoax as it may be. Furthermore, someone earlier in the thread mentioned that, like a modern-day Nostradamus, Titor's works are molded to fit the interpreter's interpretations. Subsequently, someone else retorted that Titor never spoke in vague quatrains. Well, that's true. But so is the fact that staunch Titor proponents DO hammer Titor's word's to fit into the context of their interpretations. The fact that they do this IN SPITE of clear, concrete language does NOT help their cause! Titor said no OLYMPICS after 2004? Then 2006 came and went, so people said he must have meant SUMMER Olympics
! Of course. The American Civil War starts in 2005 (correct?). 2005...2006...2007..."Well he did say that it slowly starts in 2005... and does not come to complete fruition until 2008, so when he said Civil War he just meant that changes begin in 2005, that will lead to war in 2008."
January 1, 2009: "Well, he did say we do exist on different timelines!"

As to make my post specifically relevant to the the OP's thread, and not just tangentially so, I say that I do NOT think that the Olympics in Beijing will be cancelled based upon the whole Tibetan crisis. I love the Dalai Lama dudes! He exudes a happiness and peacefulness I pray I can know before I die. But, in our world, you need more than a possible genocide/humanitarian crisis to abort an event that will net people $Billions$
However, if this Olympics is cancelled I'll have to give Titor a second glance!

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Threadfall]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
My system wont let me link or quote stuff from the site i visited but i hope this link gets you there:

site:www.johntitor.strategicbrains.com john titor truths

Read as much as you can. Nobody is saying he's a time traveler per se, but there are many facts, including nuclear war in 2015.

I don't know about you but as long as an event is supposed to happen in the FUTURE and not in the present, I'll consider it a theory or assumption, not a fact.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I seem to remeber that he stated his past is not exactly the same as our present, in other words, there are differing TIMELINES that he travels to get to a 'similar' but at same time, different (in small way) timeline or past. This can explain some of the differences or slight skews in the exact year of events.

Well that is the disclaimer to end all disclaimers.

That tells me that he can post whatever he wants, about whatever he wants and if it doesnt come to pass exactly as he said then he can use his catch all disclaimer.

If he really wanted to convince everyone, why not just give everyone tomorrow nights lotto numbers?

CT

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

If you traveled back 10 years from today, right now, would you know the next days winning lottery numbers, how about the weather for tomorrow, will it rain or shine? How about the winning horse at the local horsetrack off the top of your head for tomorrows race.

Of course if you expressly went back in time to either make money, or to PROVE to people that you are a time traveler, you may want this information handy, however this Titor chap wasn't here for either of those reasons as he stated.

Also the timeline divergence or whatever he called it, isn't a drastic one, it depended on how far fro his time he went, the divergence increased to a point that he wasn't able to go back any further in time, due to there being so many changes. Or something like that, I'm not a Titor expert..So anyway, these changes, since he only went back a small amount of time, were minor, little things, dates were off somewhat, places had differences etc.

So yes his story has some holes, his predictions some flaws, in the end there are either believers or non-believers based in opinion really.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

If you traveled back 10 years from today, right now, would you know the next days winning lottery numbers, how about the weather for tomorrow, will it rain or shine? How about the winning horse at the local horsetrack off the top of your head for tomorrows race.

In all honesty. Yes. I would probably want as much info about the time I am travelling to as possible. Now, if I was coming from the future, this would be as easy a going to a library and accessing news papers from the time I was going to.

Of course if you expressly went back in time to either make money, or to PROVE to people that you are a time traveler, you may want this information handy, however this Titor chap wasn't here for either of those reasons as he stated.

'as he stated' doesnt hold very much weight now does it?

Also the timeline divergence or whatever he called it, isn't a drastic one, it depended on how far fro his time he went, the divergence increased to a point that he wasn't able to go back any further in time, due to there being so many changes

So not only does he have a catch all disclaimer, its a catch all disclaimer that no one can understand.

So yes his story has some holes, his predictions some flaws, in the end there are either believers or non-believers based in opinion really.

So what about you. Are you a believer? If you are can you fill me in on why?

CT

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Ok, quick - no cheating, what were the winning lottery numbers for the Los Angeles PICK6 Lotto for Monday, April 7th, 1998.

You have 1 min to answer
Hopefully you don't google it.

UPDATE at 12:28 (gave him 2 minutes): TIMES UP!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This story has been one I have followed for a long time. I am not sure what I believe in this case. It is possible that on his timeline with events in China and Tibet that that world went on a diffrent path. It is not just a guess, but it HAS to be that way. So......here we are again back at trying to guess just what in the hell he had in that car? A time machine??? Or a MIT project....
Guess time will tell.........If it was true, I hope he made it home.

As a side note.....If I went back 10 years, I might not be able to give ya small details..But I could easily prove without a doubt that I was for real. 9-11, War in Iraq, Enron, ect.......So I dont know.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
Actually, all it would take for the olympics to be called off is for someone to steal and subsequentially destroy the olympic torch.

note; if it's destroyed it cannot be recovered.

Close

news.yahoo.com...

LONDON - Demonstrators grabbed at the Olympic torch, blocked its path and tried to snuff out its flame Sunday in raucous protests of China's human rights record that forced a string of last-second changes to a chaotic relay through London.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

If I was heading back into the past, that is one of the things I'd find out. Of course, I'd release the info after it was gicen, but through a untmpered envelope or something. If you ccome back to the past to aquire something, you must study that time period, and then make sure you have enough local trivia that may come in useful to prove you are from the future. Saying you are adds one more to the white padded walls.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

It's definitely interesting, that's why I made the thread, especially concerning how things are developing in China and the Tibetans (poor lil guys) with respct to what Titor has stated about the Olympics after 2004.

If people actually took the time to READ his stuff and put some due diligence into, and THEN come to a conclusion, that would be fine. But so many read the first sentence (or if we're lucky the second sentence also) and jump to a conclusion or formulate a stance with regards to any topic, not just the John Titor story. I'm not referring to you btw, just in general.

I guess Titor has been bandied around in so many threads here and elsewhere, that people, whether they know any information about him and his story or not, shy away or come to mis-informed conclusions not based on any conducted research, possibly all due to 'group think'. Ok rant over, I missed the [rant][/rant] tags..

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Ok, quick - no cheating, what were the winning lottery numbers for the Los Angeles PICK6 Lotto for Monday, April 7th, 1998.

You have 1 min to answer Hopefully you don't google it.

Is this a serious post? How does this relate to John Titor. Did he only have one minute to prepare for his trip back in time.

That was stupid.

CT

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

It was for you silly.
For you to answer off the top of your head the way Titor was supposedly required to.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join