It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classified Apollo images found

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

The article was writted in 2003, could it be that the images have been de-classified since then?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

Im not sure what it could be, or why half the image is black. Could it be that half of the image is from inside the orbiter?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Great work Internos as always. Can anyone make out what is reflected in his visor though?

The feature in the astronaut's visor is even more visible in this image (AS12-49-7281), and I have many times wondered what this could be... Does anyone have an explanation? Any suggestions?

Best regards, Ziggystar60

[edit on 7-4-2008 by ziggystar60]

[edit on 7-4-2008 by ziggystar60]

[Mod Edit - Resize image]

[edit on 8/4/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wow now this is beautiful, all the images and work collaborated.

Wish I could jump in, but the internet is to vast and focusing my attention on trying to find something may drive me up a wall.

Great work as always Internos, great post Acharya.

PS - Side note -
Have these reflections appeared in some of the shuttle launches as well? (Just throwing that out there and probably will search for some pics soon.) but if it appeared on some of the astronauts visors, then it might appear on some of the windows just as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

took the words right out of my mouth..good post

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

In the picture you posted (nice one by the way) the two astronauts are standing a lot closer together and the object on the visor hasn't changed much from the picture I posted where they are standing further apart......makes me wonder if its a possible smudge on his visor maybe? I wonder If I can take your photo and zoom in on the reflection of the other guy's helmet close enough to get any detail from that one too?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I found a new picture from the Apollo archive that is VERY interesting but its a huge file (8593 X 2243) and 8.1mb and I don't know how to shrink it without losing detail. I need help on this one.

a11pan1111231EvMHR

source

Apollo11 Pan

Its a panorama shot of the lander in the distance and a crater to the foreground right. In the crater it looks like a small child like object face down in almost a fetal position and to the right of that an odd occurrence of 3 identical object appearing one above the other (image tampering?)

anyone?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Interesting image. It is a wide panorama so I'm guessing that it was 'stitched' together from other images, and possibly filled in with repeatable close in color and texture areas. That area has about 5 areas of repeated sections which look to be at a seam where the creators stitched the images together. Good find though.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

did you notice the baby looking thing on the right hand side near the top of the crater rim?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

No I did not see it, can you post a screen cap or cropped area of that?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I would just like to say good luck to most of you when you are hired by the goverment
Really good work so far. The reflection of in the visor could be the space station? Or maybe a sattelite solar pannels shining from the sun?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Its a panorama shot of the lander in the distance and a crater to the foreground right. In the crater it looks like a small child like object face down in almost a fetal position and to the right of that an odd occurrence of 3 identical object appearing one above the other (image tampering?)

anyone?

I downloaded the image to get a better view of the whole panorama thing and came to the conclusion that it's a reflection or a smudge on the camera! Don't think the image's been tampered with or that it's anything abnormal about it!
But it's a nice picture, so thank you for sharing

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ok I managed to figure out how to use my crop tool to show what I was talking about.

this first image is the crater with the baby looking thing on the left side and the trio (image tampering) on the left.

this next one is a close up of the baby/doll looking thing....yes I know most likely a trick of light and shadow but still...

and this is the part I thought might be tampering. I know that it is from a bunch of pictures stitched together to make the entire panorama but in the area this (trio) thing is it doesn't make sense nor does it look like a smudge. take a look approximately center frame (three identical rock? formations stacked on top of one another. right beside 2 identical rocks with 3 black dots. Bad stitch job? maybe, but you think they would have done a better job plus you would think that the shadow would have been tripled or duplicated as well.

[Mod Edit -Resize images]

[edit on 8/4/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Since I don't want to be left out in the loop just yet, I went and just scanned for some images. (Don't know as much as the others on this topic so I'll just do my best for now
.)

First image there is a reflection of something in the astronauts helmet, it's in the upper left corner and is faint "White" I guess you could say. (Sorry currently not on the main computer and can't use Photoshop to show the area I am looking at. )
apod.nasa.gov...

[To big to post here so I had to link it.]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

thats a really nice photo! does look like something there but not sure what. Looks kind of like a reflection from the sun dot.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Thanks.
Wasn't sure (still not really all that sure) as to that object and several other elements that kind of surprise me in the photo. Other than that spot I saw a wavy line, and two streaks that are in the middle of the picture.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
There are many anomolies with this picture apart from the obvious 3 identical objects whatever they are? Firstly the picture on its own. Can you notice the line ??

Here is the line.... Now look at the picture above and you can see it clearly its almost a different shade on both sides

As for the rocks with the black spots there are actually 2 and a half of the these highlighted in red . The uppermost one is cut in half by this line mentioned above. Next circled in blue are other identical objects that seem to appear twice.

I would usually say an error in the paste together of 2 separate pics but it does not seem to add up into the little details and those 3 original objects look un-natural???

[edit on 8-4-2008 by thesaint]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Yeah the line suggested the splicing of the photos but Im having a hard time figuring out how the 3 identical rocks above each other are a effect of a bad stitch job especially when the shadows are not tripled as well. Definitely odd.

What do you make of the baby/doll looking thing on my other photo?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
On another note as mentioned earlier i am still intrigued as to what this item is? From my perspective it is within orbit and at some distance. Please read my post on first page and here is another shot with the lighting at maximum

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Yeah the line suggested the splicing of the photos but Im having a hard time figuring out how the 3 identical rocks above each other are a effect of a bad stitch job especially when the shadows are not tripled as well. Definitely odd.

What do you make of the baby/doll looking thing on my other photo?

I know the triple objects throw it off. I can imagine 2 on a bad paste job but 3 is strange. To be very honest from my perspective the baby to me seems to be a rock with shadows in the right places. I do however believe there to be something very odd about this whole picture though

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join