It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raelian Conspiracy to Overthrow Religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
BTW!!! when I said "God Created"- I didn't mean that in a bible-thumping way! I should have called it the "Great Mystery" because thats what it really is~

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Wow some you religious people are paranoid. How is this a conspiracy against religion? Do you have any information that suggest they are trying to rid the world of any particular religion by destructive or any other means? If you believe enough to the point you are paranoid about these things then I don't think you have anything to worry about other then your own paranoia. In this case I think your faith is pretty well solid. Those that choose to believe otherwise do not deserve your disrespect, mockery, and so on. "Thou shalt not judge."

A question for those religious people. How do you know you weren't dooped my "satan?" Perhaps your scriptures are the work of satan meant to confuse you with partial truths and blind you from the truth of God.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Atheists don't 'have' evolution any more than a theist has 'Zeus, Thor, and Yahweh'. Like I said, Buddhists are an atheistic bunch as well.

What I mean by 'supernatural' is something like...magical, or mystical; supernatural is something beyond human comprehension, by its very definition I'd say. These alien creators are no gods, they are humans like us and in their past they've surely made the silly human mistakes our society is doing now. And it's been going on for an infinite amount of time.

It's already happening on Earth. Aside from flying in outer space and cloning various animals, there's Dr. Craig Venter doing his work in whatever laboratory. He's a -human being- like all of us here (I assume we're all human here =P ) and he's on his way to creating an artificial life form

www.post-gazette.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I haven't read this entire thread yet, but I just wanted to mention that I am part of the Raelian movement and LOVE everything about it. It's a beautiful philosophy!! If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to PM me or ask here. I'll try to answer the best I can

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47
I wonder if Richard Dawkins has any thing to do with this. He recently stated that maybe aliens started life on Earth. He says it in the new DocuMovie; "Expelled". Being release April 18.

Rael stated this back in the 70s! For those that have a sincere interest, I highly recommend that you visit the site in my sig below and download the free e-book.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
One big thing to point out is this religion I must say is one of the most appatizing things someone could see. It gives the athiest and evolutionists answers for an origin of life on earth, ...

-Jimmy

[edit on 6-4-2008 by jimmyjackblack]

It's doesn't give evolutionists and athiests an answer. Evolution IS my answer. It works fine as a theory by itself.

After reading this article I really have no problem with the idea of it. After all, they don't force their beliefs on anyone.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by bkcrt]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkcrt

One big thing to point out is this religion I must say is one of the most appatizing things someone could see. It gives the athiest and evolutionists answers for an origin of life on earth, ...

-Jimmy

It's doesn't give evolutionists and athiests an answer. Evolution IS my answer. It works fine as a theory by itself.

After reading this article I really have no problem with the idea of it. After all, they don't force their beliefs on anyone.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by bkcrt]

That's correct - Raelians don't force anything on anyone
Our goal is to inform people of Rael's message, not convince. Rael teaches us the importance of being happy, and so if someone is happier with another faith or belief system, then by all means we want them to be happy there and with that, rather than be unhappy with us.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
What if I believe that we have creators and those creators have creators, etc, but there still exists a supreme being over all creation? What belief system would I fall under, as this is what I truly believe.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
well,for such a 'conspiracy' they're not doing a very good job.i subscribed to their free newsletter ages ago.havent seen one as yet!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosen

Ok, now to add something constructive to the mix instead of making jokes. Here goes:

Would you consider the possibility that Rael and Clonaid are full of it when it comes to some aspect of evolution? I say this with good reason.

Clonaid never cloned anything. They argue against Evolution as they understand it(Darwinism). But evolution isn't Darwinism. Evolution is the basis of modern biology, without which Clonaid would not be able to make it's claims...(Or even BS it's claims).

Ok, let's detract from that and put it on the back burner. I think that throwing evolution out the window altogether is a mistake we can't afford to make.
Suppose aliens did come and genetically engineer us(Which I have reason to believe is true). But I don't think ALL life was created that way. There must have been a seed already here on Earth. Reason I say this? Fossil records. I study these very closely. What I think really happened is that they manipulated homonid DNA with their own "Creating us in their image" so to speak. But are they a progenitor race, that was brought about by another progenitor race? I don't think so.

Look at the many different UFOs we see. Would it not stand to reason that different UFOs come from different species, would that not hint at the idea that evolution has happened elsewhere? If there's a linear chain of progeny then we can be almost certain that it's a one species at a time deal, that would mean that we are alone. Considering the vast distances of space, the kind of tech it takes to really engineer a creature of our caliber, their evolution may have taken them to another plain of existence by now. Or they have long since moved on to spread the progeny amongst other galaxies.

Anybody follow what I'm saying?

[edit on 7-4-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What about the possibility of every creature on earth representing a different planet/realm being placed here including humans? Like its one big experiment with creatures throughout the universe, but its gone terribly wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by akasha22
What about the possibility of every creature on earth representing a different planet/realm being placed here including humans? Like its one big experiment with creatures throughout the universe, but its gone terribly wrong.

Far be it for me to tell you what to believe. But there is NO evidence supporting this at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ok, a question for evolutionists and a question for raelians.

Evolutionists: If all the matter in the universe got compressed into a tiny dot and then exploded, where did all the matter, before the "big bang" that got compressed come from?

Raelians: I would really appreciate it if one of you guys could explain reptilians and grusome sexual experiments (such as implanting a woman with an embyo and then takeing it from her later on, that's stealing btw) and taking people against there will? If your "Alien Creators" are so peaceful, then why the heck are they so violent towards us, it makes me think that maybe there's something they are'nt telling you guys.

Remember just cause someone says they're here to help, doesn't mean they are, there action prove who they are, one major reason why I believe in Yeshua.
Also just cause something tastes good doesn't mean it's ok to eat.
Just cause someone says they have an answer doen't always mean it's THE answer.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Ok, a question for evolutionists and a question for raelians.

Evolutionists: If all the matter in the universe got compressed into a tiny dot and then exploded, where did all the matter, before the "big bang" that got compressed come from?

Raelians: I would really appreciate it if one of you guys could explain reptilians and grusome sexual experiments (such as implanting a woman with an embyo and then takeing it from her later on, that's stealing btw) and taking people against there will? If your "Alien Creators" are so peaceful, then why the heck are they so violent towards us, it makes me think that maybe there's something they are'nt telling you guys.

Remember just cause someone says they're here to help, doesn't mean they are, there action prove who they are, one major reason why I believe in Yeshua.
Also just cause something tastes good doesn't mean it's ok to eat.
Just cause someone says they have an answer doen't always mean it's THE answer.

To answer the Evolutionist question:

One your question doesn't fit evolution it fits the Standard Model of Physics.
To go back further before the "Compressed Dot" you have to look at M-theory, which is the all encompassing theory of the 5 superstring theories.
Thing is, people are stuck in the old world of the evolutionary argument. While those of us that stay on top of what is going on have long since moved beyond it. Believe me when I say this, We are closer to proving God than you think.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

So you're PROVING God? Well folks there ya have it, the only reasonable way for evolutiong to happen is if SOMEONE put it into motion. While I believe in string theory (basicly bands of energy all vibrating in an 11 or more deminsion universe), I gotta say sometimes these scientists do just make crap up. Like when they say there's "DaRk EnErGy" and it's going to destroy and rip appart the universe, but they say they have no evidence that it exists. Are you kidding me? You just believe it exists because you can't explain where some of these galaxies are going, or why they start to spin outta control, into different directions? I believe God exists, but not cause I don't understand things, but because I understand things more and more, the more I understand the more I see that God is real.

Interresting that you said ya'll are closer to proving God, unless that was a typo.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This should give some of you Raelians and others a clue of what these self proclaiming gods are doing.

[url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=rCjIrEZ7jyI&feature=related]>>Part 1Part 2Part 3

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Nope not a typo. Science proves the existence of God every day. Science doesn't just make stuff up. We hypothesize, we experiment, we then prove the conditions, or disprove them. Or in more abstract methodology, we mathematically theorize probabilities of certain conditions being true or false. M-theory is one of those abstracts. The only thing string theorists are waiting for is the LHC to become operational, then we can start proving God right.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well while I don't know what LHC is. I would like to know why you guys always state your theories as fact? The THEORY of evolution has gone through it's own evolution, but it has been stated as fact in every stage, a fact, is a fact, is a fact, but evolution keeps changing. If your proving the existance of God though, why not just believe He did everything the way He said He did it?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The Serpent in the Garden?
Statue from Enki's city of Eridu, circa 4000 BC

Source
oi.uchicago.edu...

Statue from Ur, Circa 4000 BC

Source
oi.uchicago.edu...

Statue from Ur, Circa 4000 BC

Source
oi.uchicago.edu...

Source
www.hp.uab.edu...

Two terracotta female heads, from Tell al-`Ubaid. ca. 4500 B.C.

Source
www.hp.uab.edu...

There are NO HUMAN statues prior to 3900 BC.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Although evolution may be a fact, it is not THE answer. Selective mutation and 'Survival of the Fitest" falls flat because their just hasn't been enough time for an ameba to develope into a human being. Someone else mentioned an infinity of time for these things to come to be, however that to is a misconception. There is not an infinite amount of time for things to happen. The Universe was born and it will die eventually so you don't have forever for these things to come to be. So probably both evolution and intelligent design are both correct to some degree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join