It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raelian Conspiracy to Overthrow Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Pleasure seeking the highest call huh? Any hot Raelian girls wanna go pleasure seeking?

Here you go...

Alien sex messiah's next big thing: Clitoral healing

Those dang Raelians, at it again.

Back in 2002, the UFO-based sex cult headed by Las Vegas-based Claude Vorilhon (aka Rael) created a media brouhaha/hee-hee when Raelian chemist Bridgette Boisselier announced that she had cloned a human baby named Eve. With neither science nor baby to back up Boisselier's claims, the scandal eventually blew over, but not before the media got duped, then had a field day exposing the group's New Age smorgasbord of freewheeling sex practices, UFO-based cosmology and a self-appointed messiah who recommended a 1 percent tithe to his cause. In the end, most decided that the whole episode had been hype in the service of Clonaid, a "company" founded by Rael to support human cloning. Stemaid, an equally outlandish Raelian Web site, claims to offer "stem cell therapy" to cure everything from Parkinson's disease to lupus.

Now Vorilhon seems to have broken new ground in perversity with the launch of Clitoraid.org (brought to our attention by Boing Boing). Under the cheesy slogan "Restoring a Sense of Pleasure," the site allows charitable individuals to "adopt a clitoris" and fund restorative surgery for an African woman who has suffered genital mutilation. Featuring glowing pictures of African women and their seemingly heartfelt testimonials about having their pleasure centers surgically restored, the site tells a rosy tale of Rael's commitment to building a "Pleasure Hospital" to cure all the mutilated women of Africa.

www.salon.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

I am speechless...I was laughing the whole time reading this...These people give real UFO and alien enthusiasts a really bad name.

God I hope they give up soon.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Aliens definately put a more realistic/believable slant on the Sumerian texts to do with creation and civilisation.

I used to live in an area with a large population of these Raelians, and they never struck me as being anything to worry about, it seemed more like a group of social misfits seeking to belong. I'd definately call them a cult, probably dangerous to those weak minded individuals who join, but certainly, these guys were no great threat to me when I lived near them.

Does anyone know if these guys carry out group stalking/harrassment like the Scientologists?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
One big thing to point out is this religion I must say is one of the most appatizing things someone could see. It gives the athiest and evolutionists answers for an origin of life on earth, it's also inticing with it's beliefs on open sex and gay marrige. Plus it will fool a lot of uninformed Christians cause it gives a scientific answer to the supernatural and today, people think you a fool if you believe in the supernatural.
This religion is going to boom once more discloser concerning ufos and aliens and such happens.

Here's there promo video, it's not truth and life, it's lies and death.

-Jimmy

Oh I've seen this coming for a long time, and you got to admit, if they had a way to clone you, then transfer the memory from your brain to the new clone, now we are talking about the beings in the final days,,

that never DIE.

It is just fascinating to me how much more accurate the bible gets and like technology, the more accurate it gets the faster it gets accurate.

I mean when you think about it, we have no better a method for testing the supernatural then to impeach the testimony of those witnesses i the Bible who gave us this prophetic information. All the big ones are already done and now the small details are getting more and more fulfilled, and easier to recognise.

- Con

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666

Does anyone know if these guys carry out group stalking/harrassment like the Scientologists?

I don't know if they do but I knew Scientology did and I know the AZ Atheists Org do as I have been involved with them on a few.

I got banished when one of them found out I was the guy who got in a skirmish with one of them at a Church recently.

So I guess you could say I got made

Doesn't matter, I seen enough

- Con

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I don't see how Raelians are 'worse off' than theists or...atheists...see, as far as I'm concerned we -are- atheists. We don't believe in a supernatural god or gods, similar to Buddhism in that regard, no?

It isn't a matter of -POOF- aliens appear and create us. It's a matter of things existing for an infinite amount of time, civilizations creating other ones for eternity.

As for stalking and harassing, I have never heard of such goings-on in the Movement. Like I said, I'm not a high-level member or anything so I dunno...maybe there are some crazy scandals going on without my knowledge but I doubt it. Scientology, on the other hand, just sort of comes right out and says, "Yeah! People are fair game!"

That's a bit scarier than people looking to make the world a better place by protesting wars, painful practices, and media deceit. Of course, I may be biased

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosen
I don't see how Raelians are 'worse off' than theists or...atheists...see, as far as I'm concerned we -are- atheists. We don't believe in a supernatural god or gods, similar to Buddhism in that regard, no?

Well I know a lot of atheists that will tell you your raelian religion is bunk too. They would call your alien leader a charlatan. What do you mean by "supernatural"?

- Con

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosen

It isn't a matter of -POOF- aliens appear and create us. It's a matter of things existing for an infinite amount of time, civilizations creating other ones for eternity.

Well Atheists like Richard Dawkins have evolution. Raeliens deny that.

Theists believe In an eternal God. Raeliens deny that.

So who created the alleged "alien" creators of Rael ?

If you do not believe in evolution or a God.

Then logic wise you got

nothing

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I thought evolution was a good scientific explination of life??

This religion has got one thing right: Religion is bad!

Why don't we just all believe in ourselves?? Does it matter if we find out who created us?? What then?? Why do people have to worship a God??
What is the point?? It does make us better!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Sorry, it does NOT make us better!

As you can clearly see, I'm not a fan of religion! ANY religion!
But I do believe in souls, though.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Many aspects of this cult lead toward speculation of it being Cult-like. They seem brainwashed to say the least.

Very odd. Its wierd how they come during this time of the decade and at this point of the century.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Stanley Mimix

Why do people have to worship a God??

Well according to ancient history, there was a council of gods (mentioned in almost every ancient text from the various ancient cultures). "Worship" means to "Work for," so you are working for at least one of the members of the council whether you believe in them or not. It's no sweat off their brows, because they win either way. It's your "Creator" that would seem the most suitable to work for... I mean, I'd prefer working for my dad than someone else's dad. Although this can get a bit technical. For example, the "Gentiles" appear to be hybrids of the original creation, some of which were modified to be rulers and leaders of the people (the nephilim).

[edit on 7-4-2008 by undo]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
im no rael beliver , in fact im pagan but these guys are not out to destroy christianity they have there own belifes and just wish to live by those belifes they arent out trying to convert everyone or challange christian morality they been around like 30 years now and all they do is try and live by there own belifes in there own ways . i hardly see how there a threat now if they started trying to convert everyone with threats of eternal pain and suffering or burning people at the stake maybe they would be a problem, who did those things again i forget?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

who did those things again i forget?

The Anti-Christ.
You asked

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
awwww thats classic "the devil made me do it" lol. so all the good things christians do ( and there are alot of good work done by christians) is the work of christians but all the bad things they do ( and theres alot of that as well) was the devils fault? talk about cherry picking.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

no, if a christian does something good, it's not their doing! in fact, it says, "There's none good, no not one." And it meant everybody, christians included.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
i have a new thread on a tangentially related topic, entitled
"THE Council Conspiracy"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
i'd like to hear what you think of it, Krill

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by krill
im no rael beliver , in fact im pagan but these guys are not out to destroy christianity they have there own belifes and just wish to live by those belifes they arent out trying to convert everyone or challange christian morality they been around like 30 years now and all they do is try and live by there own belifes in there own ways . i hardly see how there a threat now if they started trying to convert everyone with threats of eternal pain and suffering or burning people at the stake maybe they would be a problem, who did those things again i forget?

i hardly see how there a threat now if they started trying to convert everyone with threats of eternal pain and suffering or burning people at the stake maybe they would be a problem, who did those things again i forget?

Let me remind you then,,

Humans did them.

just like you

and me

- Con

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Elohim is Hebrew for angels-not fallen ones.
Native Americans, the Cherokee beleive that they came from the Elohim, who were from the Pleiades-check out "Cherokee Teachings From The Wisdom Fire "by Dyani Ywahoo.
The Raelians sound a bit wacky, but don't seem like they are out to get people-seem like a peaceful group. Cloning is a bad idea, imo-don't beleive the part about "mind-transfer"--I'd beleive it if I actually saw it.
Does anyone have any info on those Monks in Tibet?? I saw a show on the history channel about this little boy, about 3 years old, that was in the
temple already & was the next lama to be (don't know what the actual title is) & the boy remembered his last lifetime, which turned out to be the one of the last lama who'd died right before the boy was born. When the boy began talking about all of this without being asked, they knew that he was the next lama. thats what I call "mind-transfer"

the Sumerians are also an interesting group to study.
I also agree with the post about if 3000 yrs ago a spaceship appeared to people, they WOULD think they were gods. I'm sure they were scared to death! people everywhere in the world pray to the sky. whats up with that? its not a guy with a big white beard & a scepter sitting on a king chair up there somewhere, right? Surely God created other beings besides the ones on this planet. Look at how many species of animals there are here. Look at all the stars out there--its beyond our imagination.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by Rosen

Correct me if I am wrong:

Theists believe an eternal God created humanity

Atheists believe a magic "poof" started the evolutionary process to create humanity over billions of years

Atheism isnt believing in evolution. Atheism is to not have the belief in god or gods. If you believe in god you are atheistic towards all other religions gods.

Anyway, those who believe in evolution dont think magic made the evolutionary process. They believe in what is very likely to be true. That is after the claim has been researched and tested enough.

The current scientific consensus is that the complex biochemistry that makes up life came from simpler chemical reactions, but it is unclear how this occurred.

Consequently, there is no scientific consensus on how life began, but proposals include self-replicating molecules such as RNA, and the assembly of simple cells.

In time we may know. Lets hope so.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join