It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Giants' graves - Sardinia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Howdy guys

That story has always interested me. In some areas they referred to them as "The Leopard People" (or, something like that). They were described as 9' to 12' tall, two rows of teeth, and they screamed like a leopard. Their bones were like iron (when they died, their bones were VERY heavy), and they were reported to eat the stones in a local river (the river stones are high in iron).

The key point of that passage is, "their bones were like iron', this is probably in reference to finding fossilized bones. Many human bones resemble other mammal bones. The Greeks were famous for thinking fossilized bones were remains of heros and monsters.

The femur in the pictures looks to be one from a four legged mammal - yep they do tend to look somewhat human too, especially the leg bones - we are mammal also and hall share a common ancestor back around 40-50 million years ago.

Allow me to expand a little. I made assumptions (or, presumptions) about the research history of the individuals here.

The pertinent pieces of the "Leopard People" story, to me, is:

1. They are reputed to have 2 rows of teeth. This matches quite nicely many of the reported skull finds in the America's for giants. Elongated heads and two rows of sharp teeth. And the fact that the "Leopard People" would cannibalise (assuming they are human, anyway) the other indian tribes

2. The iron bones is a mis-statement. They actually refer to them having iron bones and iron skin, making them nearly impervious. This is likely why the indians treated the Europeans with such distrust once the Conquistadors showed up. The "iron skin" referenced stories of devils that had been present and eradicated by their forefathers. This somewhat matches some of the stories of giants in other parts of the world, where the giants were seen as very robust and of high constitution.

3. The stories were told as if they had lived contemporarily with the "Leopard people", describing actual events witnessed by the people telling them.

I will have to locate the story. As with any story, it could be bunk....but i like to look for that common thread that shows the common history.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
bigfatfurrytexan,

Thanks for the extra helping of info there. I never heard the leopard people part before nor the dbl row of teeth!

-----------------

daddyroo45,

Long jump, eh?

Thanks!

----------------

Bigwhammy,

Thanks, I couldn't recall where I got it from.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I strongly believe in ancient races that were giants. Gods. I think the information is readily available. I mean the history of it all. Thousands of clay tablets cannot be that misleading or primitive.

Sitchin described "giants" in his books.

I find it accurate.

They've also found giant heads in the forest of South America. Their supposed to be exact depictions of that race.

Oh and Easter Island is the dumbest thing ever.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The problem with the reports of giants is that we have no real current evidence. Dozens of reports of giant heads with two rows of teeth is just a myth until we can document it publicly.

Makes me wonder if Smithsonian is really a steward of mans history, or if they are keeping something under wraps?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
You should change your way of thinking. All those giant sculptures and monliths is the best evidence there is. Why? You don't think they got there by some frail gray alien creature with a big brain?

Why doesn't finding dinosaurs effect the alien agenda?

I think that some of these bones are real. It's a big cover up. Just like the skull museum down in Africa. Oblong skulls. Hmm. Yeah thats from pulling.

Here's something:
Our history has been ransacked. Ruined. Destroyed. Nuclear warfare on the primitive. Read Sitchins books. It describes this. Deicide upon them all. End of god the way it must be. The world is destroyed and we are left back to emege.

So finding large perfect blocks and other crazy stuff makes sense when coming down to giant power:

The temple of Jeruselem is a perfect example. A huge block is found from material taken from a mountainside too great of a distance away. Yet it is there and perfectly cut like the pyramids.

Pyramids are found around the earth. Not just egypt.

Why would that be? Pyramids? Not just in Egypt. Hmm?

Newest edition: Bosnian Pyramids.

Thats a perfect example to a conclusion.

Just think. We were made in their image.

Aliens vs. Predators.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
i dunno, the giants are 20 million under the cap & they just won a superbowl.

talk about graves...look no further than the chiefs.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Our history has been ransacked?

Yes by time and unthinking humans!

Sorry no world wide conspiracy - if you think the Smithsonian is a source of evil, just talk to the people who work there, especially the students who work there as interns.

Here is a question for you - where is the warehouse the secrets are stored in?

Sitchin, oh my, sorry no, an economists with a lively imagination, his books should be read as science fiction, he makes up way to much. Go to his website - he lists a number of easily refuted 'facts' on his front page.

Giants in general have always been an interesting subject but unfortunately the actual evidence for such is mighty thin!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The images in the opening post reminded me a lot of some of our local temples in Malta. Wonder if they have any connection...The outside of this one is ringed by huge slabs of stone.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Good thread!

This is also a very interesting link about giants: www.mysteriousworld.com...

It connects the dots from the days of creation in the bible troughout many cultures and civilizations till our modern times. It all sounds very plausible to me and gives a good read, definatly worth a try.

Regards!

[edit on 7-4-2008 by hackbart]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Howdy hackbart

Thanks for the link but a lot of the material there is "thin" in the factual area. I did like (was it an ad?) the Conan references!

Question for everyone

What metnion of giants in ancient Chinese sources?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

"Yes by time and unthinking humans! "

You mean to tell us that a bunch of bumbling idiots screwed up history by accident?

I always thought of the "bunch" as incredibly insidious.

I suppose you are an evolutionist that thinks we just crawled out of a swamp that just made itself appear out of nothing.

If so, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Why could we not have just "crawled up from a swamp"?

LOL, that is a funny way to put it, though.

But consider the fractal nature of the universe. Things are meant to fit together a certain way. They are attracted, and due to the way they assemble, objects are shaped and formed a certain way.

Thus, life is THE rule, not the exception.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yes pretty much, humans have done a good job in destroying a lot of history, for many reasons - fortunately they failed in a number of areas and we do have a good idea what happened. Better yet we gain more information on a daily basis.

Modern humans do a good job of destroying stuff for money-looting and building over sites. We struggle on learning what we can, when we can.

Evolved? Why yes, better than being popped into existence by a god who just isn't up to the task - a rather vindicative cruel god too, as demonstrated by his alleged actions.

But back to giants - why no recovered skeletons - fringe believers usually explain this away by envoking a vast conspiracy. Unfortunately until the early twentieth century most scientists would have loved to validate the bible by finding giants. Even today I cannot see why anyone would want to or even try to suppress such data.

One wonders how the "hobbits" slipped thru the fingers of the vast omnipotent conspiracy!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Great thread. For people researching Atlantis, check out this thread I recently started:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
This is real cool!!!!

I believe the giants had 6fingers as well.

Have you ever heard the American Indian legend of the fierce 6fingered people?
It is said that they could keep pace with a stampeding buffalo and then reach over and rip off its' leg!!!!

I continue to hold out hope that, someday, a poster with a reference to an Amerind "myth story" will provide a link to a legitimate Native American webpage that gives the story.

This has yet to happen, and probably never will, for cases such as these "giants."

Like I said, I still have hope, just not much.

Originally posted by WISHADOW
Sitchin described "giants" in his books.

Well, then, that's reason enough to discount the entire thing.

Not that the complete lack of any evidence whatsoever wasn't good enough.

Harte

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Maybe; Here

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Speaking of Smithsonian,funny how things sent there disappear from records,there are areas there where the president of US can't go past I know my sister and brother in law had top clearence,they were heads of Secret Service,but as always if asked a question all I ever hear is"Your probably right!"

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
The problem with the reports of giants is that we have no real current evidence. Dozens of reports of giant heads with two rows of teeth is just a myth until we can document it publicly.

Makes me wonder if Smithsonian is really a steward of mans history, or if they are keeping something under wraps?

A lot of folks have a double row of bottom teeth even today. most are doubles of the front ones ahead of the molars.

I wiggled most of mine loose and the last two a dentist pulled, and left one in the second row because she pulled the one in front. She said it would move up and 15 years later its moved about halfway up. I always was embarrassed till they were gone

My wife met someone a month or so ago that had a second row still.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

Here is a good article on that subject. "Archaelological Coverups".

by David Hatcher Childress

NEXUS magazine. Most of us are familiar with the last scene in the popular Indiana Jones archaeological adventure film RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK in which an important historical artefact, the Ark of the Covenant from the Temple in Jerusalem, is locked in a crate and put in a giant warehouse, never to be seen again, thus ensuring that no history books will have to be rewritten and no history professor will have to revise the lecture that he has been giving for the last forty years.

While the film was fiction, the scene in which an important ancient relic is buried in a warehouse is uncomfortably close to reality for many researchers. To those who investigate allegations of archaeological cover-ups, there are disturbing indications that the most important archaeological institute in the United States, the Smithsonian Institute, an independent federal agency, has been actively suppressing some of the most interesting and important archaeological discoveries made in the Americas.

Full article, Here

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Howdy oldtimer2

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
Speaking of Smithsonian,funny how things sent there disappear from records,there are areas there where the president of US can't go past I know my sister and brother in law had top clearence,they were heads of Secret Service,but as always if asked a question all I ever hear is"Your probably right!"

Ah so how come college student interns have access to this material?

I think you are making stuff up oldtimer!

I'd take anything David Hatcher Childress has to say about anything with a piece of salt the size of Gibraltar. When people hint that some fringe writers do it for the money - they are often thinking about Childress.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join