It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a way to go to First Unread Post?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I did search for an answer to this but didn't see it. Sorry if it is answered somewhere I missed.

Is there a way upon entering into a thread to go directly to the first post you have not read? This is a feature of many forums I have been active on, and makes keeping track of larger threads that have the potential to grow quickly (like those here on ATS) so much easier.

Otherwise I'd guess you just have to remember where you last left off and in a large thread that could be quite daunting.

Thanks in advance for the help!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Great question, I too, would love this feature, I am fairly new too, and so far I haven't found it either if it exists...I have just been trying to remember what page the thread stopped on when last I read it.

I searched the FAQ for the answer but couldn't find it either.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well, doesn't look like anyone's answered yet, LateApexer. I just don't see a way to do this, but it would be so handy if it could be implemented. In any case, it's still the greatest forum of it's kind that I've found.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'd love to see this feature too. Shouldn't be hard to implement, if ATS keeps a database of posts. Hey, SO! Any chance of getting this idea started?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
No, there isn't any way to go to "first unread post". I guess you could bookmark the last post you read in a thread as a workaround, but that could get unwieldy if you're trying to track multiple threads.

I subscribe to threads I want to keep track of but not post in (since posting in a thread automatically subscribes you to it). But you still need to recall whare you left off.

By the way, anyone who goes by "Coach Knight" is ok in my book.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
As far as I know there is no such feature.
But I guess you could either try to remember what page number you are on.

or

You could open up note pad.. Copy and paste the link of the current post.
Save the notebook txt file somewhere on your desk top.

And log everything you need from notebook.
IE- links and other info that might help you keep track.

Until they get that feature.. Notebook is my best guess to help you keep track of your dealings here on ATS>BTS.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, thanks for confirming what I thought about the feature not being available right now, and for the tips. As large as some threads get on here it can be tough to keep track of just where you were. Perhaps if enough people expressed interest in it we could get someone to take a look at it. However, not being a techie, I have no idea if this can be implemented into this particular board.

Yeahright, the Coach Knight is not actually for Bobby Knight...not that I have anything against him at all...and I'll certainly take the compliment. I used "Knightmare" for online gaming for years. I was in a clan called "Band of Brothers" and [BOB] was our tag. Sometimes I just shorted my name to [BOB]Knight, instead of [BOB]Knightmare, and people started calling me "Coach" because of that. LOL

Anyway, this is a cool place to hang out, so hope we'll eventually get this feature.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
is there any way to get this feature implemented??

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 0scree0

bump

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't really want to start another thread about this, but has this feature been implemented in ATS 5/3?

I've always found it useful on other forums I go to, and frankly thought it was a standard feature on every forum software?

top topics

join