It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Of The World As We Know It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
we get realistic and start exploiting our own resources.

There's the problem in your thinking right there. We shouldn't exploit anything. We need to work with nature rather than against it. So far we've done quite a great job at disregarding our connection to the planet, but soon we will have no choice but to go back to the drawing board.

Pretty words. No one that writes words such as these ever continues on to also tell you that these words sign the death sentence for billions of people on this planet who's way of life would no longer be supported or sustainable.

[edit on 4/8/2008 by centurion1211]

Pretty words. So far we've done quite a great job at disregarding the death sentence for billions of people AND NATURE.

it is just a copy-paste synthesis of all the above and nevertheless true. and now the source:
we get realistic and start exploiting our own resources.

"realistic" here might be "common sense"(a stupid one) so:

we get realistic and start exploiting our own resources (and all the copy-paste synthesis), because we are so afraid not to have it.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
Mohandas Gandhi

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Its a bunch of BS , there is no peak oil, they are just saying that to keep prices high

Russia Proves 'Peak Oil' is a Misleading Zionist Scam

In 1970 the Russians started drilling Kola SG-3, an exploration well which finally reached a staggering world record depth of 40,230 feet. Since then, Russian oil majors including Yukos have quietly drilled more than 310 successful super-deep oil wells, and put them into production. Last Year Russia overtook Saudi Arabia as the world's biggest single oil producer,

If the opening paragraph of this report started by claiming that completely unlimited crude oil reserves exist inside planet earth, readers might be tempted to regard the entire text as preposterous ghostwriting for a novelist like Frederick Forsyth. If the report then went on to claim that the Russians have exploited this stunning reality for nearly thirty years, right under the largely unwitting noses of western intelligence, readers could be excused for mistaking the author for a lunatic, or perhaps as a front for spy novelist John le Carré. The problem here is that unlimited oil reserves do exist inside planet earth, and the Russians long ago developed the advanced technology necessary to recover these unlimited oil reserves in an efficient and timely manner.
Profoundly disturbing hard intelligence like this does not sit well with the frantic cries of western academic shills and lobbyists, determined to convince you all that the end of the oil world is nigh, or, more accurately, that America faces an imminent catastrophe when global production capacity "Peaks", i.e. when world demand for crude oil finally exceeds the rate at which we can physically pump the required product out of the ground. The gist of these false claims are outlined in a speech given at the at the University of Clausthal, by lobbyist Doctor Colin Campbell during December 2000:
"In summary, these are the main points that we have to grasp: Conventional [Free flowing] oil provides most of the oil produced today, and is responsible for about 95% of all oil that has been produced so far. It will continue to dominate supply for a long time to come. It is what matters most. Its discovery peaked in the 1960s. We now find one barrel for every four we consume. Middle East share of production is set to rise. The rest of the world peaked in 1997, and is therefore in terminal decline. World peak comes within about five years" [circa 12/2005]
Campbell is just the tip of a giant iceberg of academic Peak Oil 'experts' who suddenly appeared en-masse to give you this frightening news, right after President Saddam Hussein suddenly started trading his oil in Euros rather than in US Dollars, a devastating switch with the easy capacity to destroy the US Dollar in less than five years if it was left unchallenged and unchecked.

www.vialls.com...

uk.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

there is no harmony if our words are not our own, our thoughts are not our own and neither our deeds.

see the stain in action, read all posts.

i do it by shear belief:
the End Of The World As We Know It is a faint illusion, nothing more than a torn of dieing ignorance.

and beyond that i KNOW we find harmony.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This as well.

uk.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ok, here are some articles I found on Rusian oil production and ambiotic oil.

ranprieur.com...

www.rense.com...

www.energybulletin.net...

www.energytribune.com...

www.upi.com...

Where is the proof that these deep wells exist, sounds like another urban myth to me. Russian technology has hardly ever been as well developed as advertised. If you guys want to invest in the Russian oil inustry, go ahead. Personally, I don't buy that ambiotic oil will supply us with an endless supply of oil. If oil comes from ambiotic oil sources, then why aren't old wells currently refilling to meet our demands? If those are the places where we found the most oil in the first place, then those are the places which should fill back up the fastest. If Russia has an endless supply of deep well ambiotic oil, why are they trying to lay claim to all of the Artic Ocean for oil exploration?

Maybe international oil companies want to keep people believing that oil will never run out, that way they wait longer and longer before taking action to develop alternative energy sources, thereby maximizing the profit of the oil industry. The basic reality is that the longer we wait to develop alternative energy sources and means of transportation, the more money the oil industry makes.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Seems to me that peak oil has been predicted for half a century now, and now is the time when world oil production was predicted to peak. Sure, there have been different groups with all kinds of different dates, but the ones who were accurate about U.S. oil peak are looking to be just as accurate about world oil peak.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Even if the abiotic origin of oil is true and there is unlimited supplies deep within the earth, they will be more difficult and expensive to extract. Peak Oil does not mean that oil will not be available, it means that the ever increasing rate of consumption that goes hand in hand with economic growth will not be satisfied by the rate of extraction.

The cheap and easy to harvest oil that the world economic system depends upon is what is drying up. If Russia has the technology to tap into the "abundant" oil within the earth, their production should be rising steadily, yet that is not the case.

Russia failed to grow its oil output for a third month in a row in March and closed the first quarter with a 1% production decline year-on-year, confirming gloomy outlook by analysts for the whole of 2008.
reference link

The United States is economically, morally and socially bankrupt as demonstrated by it's actions over that past seven years.
Attempting to control what is left of a diminishing, but vital resource gives a plausible explanation for this lunacy.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The saving of Humanity from its current apparent course of self-destruction, including on-going catastrophic Global Warming and oil manipulation will vitally rely on human governance systems placing its greed-driven bigotries aside, toward a constructive dialogue. Or, the people stand together and take control, with out government!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
"Russia failed to grow its oil output for a third month in a row in March and closed the first quarter with a 1% production decline year-on-year, confirming gloomy outlook by analysts for the whole of 2008. "

This is what they want us to belive atleast....they would have to say that too keep inline with the price increases.

There are more then one country / power group/s behind this scam.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reevster
There are more then one country / power group/s behind this scam.

Opec and commodity brokers are my guess.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The world bank tells opec what prices to set and how much to pump or not to pump.
Look up who runs the world bank and you will find the reason you are paying 3 to 4 dollars a gallon.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Pretty words. No one that writes words such as these ever continues on to also tell you that these words sign the death sentence for billions of people on this planet who's way of life would no longer be supported or sustainable.

I haven't signed a death sentence for anyone. What the hell are you talking about?

Its not my fault people rely on the grocery store or walmart for their livelihood. I did not force them into this way of life.

An economy based on the blood of others and the petrodollar is going to crash whether you like it or not. That's reality. We're already seeing a crunch right now as our dollar declines.

WE DID IT TO OURSELVES. Jobs were outsourced to developing nations, we no longer produce our own food (locally or even nationally for the most part), the majority of Americans don't have any technical or physical skills outside their specified area, etc etc.

How am I sentencing to death anyone? Because I call for humans to return to nature its somehow a death sentence?

You need to re-read what I wrote before you misinterpret me again. You're just making yourself look bad.

Thanks.

[edit on 4/10/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Man, it is so scary reading this thread. "They are implementing their plan perfectly, everyone is scared of the global crises our planet is in.

It's all astrological, our planet is changing because our universe is changing. They know this because the "Aliens" (now you can all chew me apart
) that own "us" have told them the way things work astrologically. These astro anomalies effect us and the planet, and "They" work their agenda around these events. Once they have ultimate control of the population there can be full contact/disclosure to the public.

What side we`re on and what's going on out in our sky's is beyond me but man i hope it's not that bad, because "They" are using their pyschological warfare techniques. These techniques are a more common way to invade and conquer, whereas the ways we use are primitive. Hell what would you think of the ways ancient tribes did warfare compared to today's.

There is a truth to "survival of the fittest" As in the ones who find "enlightenment" will be more powerful and free than the ones who control us. Enlightenment was the best word i could think of to describe what i mean.

I have no proof of aliens, other than my own viewing of a Space Ship. I have not been abducted or contacted by aliens this is just what seems true to me and my search for the truth. Life still goes on and you'll find away to survive no matter what man-made or natural disaster is to happen. Obviously the ones with a bunker and survival supplies will be more likely to survive, but come on then you just look like a quack.
I would love to build one myself, but i talk about this stuff way too much and will just end up in a padded cell.

EVERYONE STOP PANICING AND LIVE LIFE HARMONOUSLY WITH EACH OTHER AND THE PLANET AND THINGS WILL BE FINE. STOP WITH THE "HATE".

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It is amazing how some people can use diluted facts contrived by oil companies to beleive that we have unlimited oil. Even if we did, do you want to continue to pump that toxic substance into the air. The cost financially and healthwise make it unreasonable, as well as the environmental concerns make it a necessity to eliminate.

As for your piont about oil production. Russia is a big country and China is a big consumer. So the Kremlin would like some of that capitol and Bejing will gladly take the new found oil. New technology allow Russia to get at more of it's oil and Saudi has hit it's peak, so it was bound to happen that Russia would take the number 1 spot.

The tripe from oil companies that the Earth continues to produce oil forever is beyond ludicrous.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I don't buy into that total doom and gloom scenario. This is a country of innovation, and although we have gotten lazy and impatient over the last few decades we'll be ok. Heck, people were paying $5-6 / gallon in Europe in the 90s and they managed. The fact is we will have to adapt. If prices in oil continue to spike the vast majority of us can forget about driving a V-8 SUV 30 miles each day to work. We will have to move closer to work, buy smaller more efficient cars, and invest in public transportation. This population migration back to urban centers will bring our nation closer together and force us to tackle many of the social challenges we still face.

You want to save the planet? Stop having so many kids! The world wouldn't have nearly as many problems if there wasn't nearly 7 billion of us running around!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagledriver

The tripe from oil companies that the Earth continues to produce oil forever is beyond ludicrous.

Actually, as long as living things die and return to the earth, the earth DOES continuously produce oil, it just happens at such a slow rate that it is not considered a renewable resource.

Sorry, my degree is in natural resources and as much as I dislike our reliance on oil, I needed to point that tidbit out.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well I tend to agree with the Russians that Peak Oil is a farse and that oil wells reblemish themselves over time. Why, you might ask? Well, I am also one to believe that the planet is a living being and just like micro and macro ways of being, that the planet is like a macro to what our bodies are to us.

Take for example, that our bodies circulates blood and that when we take some away like in blood donation, it just makes more in a very short order of time. Now take the planet as a macro of that idea and that we tape the planets blood and take from it what to a planet is not a hugh amount in comparison to us donating blood. That it will in a short period of time, just replace it again. The idea that the planet will replace almost empty wells full again seems to be a Russian claim that they have proven.

I find it interesting that in our wells on the U.S. soil that rather than totally close them up and cover them over, we continue to tend to them and only cap them off. If they are indeed no longer oil producing, then why waste any more time with them? No one yet, has come up with an decent answer for that thought.

We all look at the creed factor of corporations and would have to say that if the Peak Oil was real, then the oil companies would be in a panic to be the first to find new energy solutions, rather than squash them. Let's face it, they like us are up the creek without a paddle if oil was to vanish now wouldn't they be?

Come on folks, there is more that is going on than is being told to us as is par for the course I unfortunately have to say. And we are being played like fools. We don't demand enough of the truth, but instead we just roll over to what we are told. The truth is out there, and it is up to us to really dig deep to find it.

By the way, any poll or stat can be manipulated just as any statement including the one s by the Russians as well for that fact. But I look at what makes common sense, and if the planet is indeed alive then the Peak Oil hoax is just a game being played on us like some many other games being played against us.

What do the corporations and elite know that we do not know. And again, let us not forget that even within their own ranks, a need to know is the rule of operations.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonar
Well I tend to agree with the Russians that Peak Oil is a farse and that oil wells reblemish themselves over time. Why, you might ask? Well, I am also one to believe that the planet is a living being and just like micro and macro ways of being, that the planet is like a macro to what our bodies are to us.

Take for example, that our bodies circulates blood and that when we take some away like in blood donation, it just makes more in a very short order of time. Now take the planet as a macro of that idea and that we tape the planets blood and take from it what to a planet is not a hugh amount in comparison to us donating blood. That it will in a short period of time, just replace it again. The idea that the planet will replace almost empty wells full again seems to be a Russian claim that they have proven.

I find it interesting that in our wells on the U.S. soil that rather than totally close them up and cover them over, we continue to tend to them and only cap them off. If they are indeed no longer oil producing, then why waste any more time with them? No one yet, has come up with an decent answer for that thought.

We all look at the creed factor of corporations and would have to say that if the Peak Oil was real, then the oil companies would be in a panic to be the first to find new energy solutions, rather than squash them. Let's face it, they like us are up the creek without a paddle if oil was to vanish now wouldn't they be?

Come on folks, there is more that is going on than is being told to us as is par for the course I unfortunately have to say. And we are being played like fools. We don't demand enough of the truth, but instead we just roll over to what we are told. The truth is out there, and it is up to us to really dig deep to find it.

By the way, any poll or stat can be manipulated just as any statement including the one s by the Russians as well for that fact. But I look at what makes common sense, and if the planet is indeed alive then the Peak Oil hoax is just a game being played on us like some many other games being played against us.

What do the corporations and elite know that we do not know. And again, let us not forget that even within their own ranks, a need to know is the rule of operations.

I belive you hit the nail on the head there Jonar, I too was thinking the same thing, and it makes more sense .

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by enigma77

Yes, most informed posters know this, but how much oil has been produced since man evolved into an upright species. (It's zero) Since it takes millions of years to produce oil in nature, we will use it up well before any more is finished fermenting.

Remember that the oil you burning into the sky today was a fern tree or T-Rex from millions of years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join