It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using drugs, without using drugs: iDoser

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well, on another forum, i came across a music program called iDoser. Supposly in sends brainwaves through your headphones, triggering something in your brain to make you feel the effects of what ever drugs "song" you were listeing too. I dont want to say song though, becase it really is just a bunch of different sounding frequncy's. Heres the link to the company's site. www.i-doser.com...

So i went ahead, thinking this was a bunch of bull, and downloaded such samples off limewire like '___' and Marijuana etc. etc.

That night, i put my newly burned cd in my cd player and played the lsd one. Now each song is about 45 minutes, so i knew i could only do one without falling asleep. And the resutls were

I focused on a picture in my room for a good 8 minutes with the sounds on, and the frame started getting wavy-like, it started drooping to the floor, the palm tree in it doubled, my door dissapeard, it was just really weird. ALL FROM A MUSIC SAMPLE. No drugs invloved.

Please discuss this. I can research myself on the science behind it, but is this safe for my brain?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
lol That's a good question... I downloaded some "hemi-sync" samples to try out a while ago, but I got a bit worried about whether it could do damage to my brain. Can anyone clarify this?

I'll take a look at that site now, sounds intriguing

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lostineuphoria

An external sound source is not a drug. It is a stimulus and may produce a sense of calm. Music comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yes it is interesting stuff, I downloaded the full version with about $1000 worth of plugins (don't ask), but really have not tried much of the 'drugs' there.

The ones I did try were interesting, and yes it does affect people. It depends on the person and the type of sounds, so its a subjective thing. The sounds are binaural beats, there are other software programs to try (that are free) as well..in addition some sound freqs are shown to heal certain ailments..

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think I am imune to binaural sounds, both Hemi-Sync and iDoser has no effect on me..

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wedama
I think I am imune to binaural sounds, both Hemi-Sync and iDoser has no effect on me..
Can you hear stereo sounds? Can you hear two sound sources in front of you seperated by several feet? Headphones are an ok sound source. Don't use them all day long though. A visit ourdoors will tune your ears. Just listen to the birds.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wedama

mmm, you are supposed to enter a relaxed state before the session, as well as be in a comfortable location for the duration, and listen to it without interuption..Are you following all that?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well just got to Digitally Imported . com and listen to the Goa/ Trance channel for free. Sounds the same. Really relaxing, they even have a chillout channel.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I STRONGLY recommend NOT using iDoser. Since the binaurals are designed to replicate the effects of drugs, and that drugs cause brain damage, surely idoser is NOT completely safe.

And iDoser entrains your mind into various frequencies, or "doses". Thus, it can be classified as "mind control". Binaural Beats entrainment is essentially the same as ELF (extremely low frequency waves) entrainment, and ELF is used by the CIA.

Mind control has VERY bad side effects (and yes, binaurals ARE mind control!). They can be DESIGNED to trigger one area of the brain, and accidentally trigger a neighboring area.

Another issue from mind control/binaural beats is that those who use them (or are victims of) may develop epilepsy...

So, this binaural stuff is very dangerous area not worth trodding in.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I've used binaurals for years, and I am still ok. In fact I am actually able to create my own binaurals with Cool Edit pro or Neural Noise Synthesizer.

Binaurals are not dangerous. My experience with them shows that.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is extremely interesting, although I am not going to try it. You don't have to believe in conspiracies to know that it is medically possible to be hypnotized and what not. Who knows what negative consequences this could have. I agree with the truth777, I am not so sure I would try this.

How (scientifically) can waves of sound create the illusion of being on drugs? This is crazy if it works. If it does, I am surprised it has not been outlawed yet.

For those of you that say you have experienced a feeling of being on some kind of drug, how long did you feel that way for?

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Comsence2075]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
I STRONGLY recommend NOT using iDoser. Since the binaurals are designed to replicate the effects of drugs, and that drugs cause brain damage, surely idoser is NOT completely safe.

Drugs can cause brain damage, because they impart physical and chemical change in the body, sound waves will not replicate that portion of the drug. The damage from drugs is not from the sensations you feel, which is what is being copied.

And iDoser entrains your mind into various frequencies, or "doses". Thus, it can be classified as "mind control". Binaural Beats entrainment is essentially the same as ELF (extremely low frequency waves) entrainment, and ELF is used by the CIA.

If you want to use that definition then a lot of things could be mind control. Reading a book changes my brain frequencies, listening to music, being around a woman, and all of these things are my choice. You also have a bad habit of connecting dots which are pretty far apart. Binaural beats is not essentially the ELF, and just because something is used by the CIA doesn't mean it's bad. You're making some rather large leaps.

They can be DESIGNED to trigger one area of the brain, and accidentally trigger a neighboring area.

Another issue from mind control/binaural beats is that those who use them (or are victims of) may develop epilepsy...

Prove it, with all due respect, it sounds like you're making these up. Maybe I'm wrong and you just didn't feel like sourcing the topics you've researched, and if i'm wrong, let me know. But this all feels a bit hyperbole.

And I'm going to try these out this weekend, i'll let everyone know how it goes later.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Comsence2075

I tried something like this a long time ago, I didn't have any strong effects. But it did relax me a lot. And you know what happens when your deeply relaxed, weird things happen.

So I'm not sure if it really has drug effects, it may just relax you and get you in a state of mind that odd things happen, idoser or not.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

If you want to use that definition then a lot of things could be mind control. Reading a book changes my brain frequencies, listening to music, being around a woman, and all of these things are my choice. You also have a bad habit of connecting dots which are pretty far apart. Binaural beats is not essentially the ELF, and just because something is used by the CIA doesn't mean it's bad. You're making some rather large leaps.

The things you described are NATURAL activities that produce NATURAL emotions. Emotions/feelings/thoughts produced NATURALLY are NOT mind control!

Emotions/feelings/thoughts produced ARTIFICIALLY (sound waves OR ELF waves) are COMPLETELY unnatural/artificial ways of changing emotions, so thus are classified as "mind control"!

And you CAN'T help SEEING the similarity between the effects ELF psychotropic weaponry and the effects of binaural beats. BOTH CAUSE UNNATURAL AND INSTANTANEOUS CHANGES IN THE PSYCHE! So thus, binaural beats ARE a form of self-mind control.

Ask yourself: would you WANT a CIA psychotropic weapon pointed at you? Would you WANT a psychotropic weapon messing with your head?

A brain is a terrible thing to waste, and messing with it, either with drugs, psychotropics, or binaurals, is a VERY bad idea!

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
interesting find. i will try this out over the weekend if i can find the tracks in LW. ill report my findings here but i am going to say that i find it a little hard to believe that a type of music can do this.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Tried about 30 minutes of the "Out of Body" I-doser track. I am experienced with meditation, lucid dreaming, astral project etc and I could tell right away the track does help to get into a "visualization" mode in the least. I am going to try some of the others over the next few days and let everyone know how much success I have. So far I have to say it's not a complete waste if you're looking for something that will help you quiet your mind.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
tried some of them over the weekend. basically they make you relax alot better and quicker. as for the lucid dreaming and such...no luck, nor were my windows melting or walls shimmering.

all in all i came to the conclusion that they just make you relax into a semi rest state.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i think it would be awesome if this worked and was totally safe, but i have doubts. i tried some of these, but i couldn't really relax because i was too paranoid that it would damage my brain. i know i sound like a nerd, but i don't want my mind to rot! does anyone know FOR SURE that this cannot harm you in any way? after all, if it really can trick your brain into thinking its taking lsd or something, wouldn't that be just as damaging as taking lsd for real?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Binaural beats are harmless, they simply produce a relaxation of the mind.

The supposed "drug experiences" are, imo, placebo-effects due to the label given by the expectant user.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, I just tried the heroin one, and it made me feel sick.
I'm going to put on runny mascara, avoid getting washed, and get some abcesses on my legs for a truly genuine experience!

Now I'm going to have to head over to the seedy part of town, and try out the real thing, for comparison!

[edit on 23-5-2008 by cruzion]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join