It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Arms Buildup Rivals Hitler and Stalin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Bush Arms Buildup Rivals Hitler and Stalin

www.opednews.com

The relentless increases in Pentagon spending President Bush has pushed through since taking office recall the actions of Hitler and Stalin prior to the outbreak of World War Two.

Both European dictators escalated their war machines and both dictators showed little concern when their domestic economies and workers’ incomes suffered as a result.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I often say that The Decider reminds me of a modern day Hitler with the way he has oppressed an innocent country, killing so many innocents, and with the way he has oppressed his OWN countrymen, brushing us all off as inconsequential at every turn...His sole agenda has been pushing through his fear and war-mongering profiteering for these huge corps and the military industrial complex, and he has been obscenely successful at this, at the expense of us all....Next on tap to keep the profits churning---IRAN. Bush is the modern day Hitler, and the Arabs have become his genocidal victims. Even as he sets the stage for his departure, he is grooming into office someone to continue his legacy of death and destruction, and war profiteering--John McCain...There is no end in sight to this madness...

As ever more Americans lose their jobs and homes, favored Pentagon contractors reap record profits, not necessarily from operating on free market principles. Indeed, the Center for Public Integrity noted only one of the top 10 defense contractors “won a majority of its contracts through full and open competition. "

All the rest collected most of their contract dollars through sole source contracts or other no-bid procedures.” CPI identified Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman, United Technologies, General Electric, Carlyle Group, and Newport News.

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Yeah, because there's no reason to replace planes that are older than most of the crews flying them. Or planes that are falling out of the sky. Or weapons that don't work. Or to pay for the war we're fighting (and whether you agree with it or not, we have to finish what we start). The AVERAGE age of the mainstay of the USAF (the F-15) is almost 26 years old. The B-52 was last built in the early 1960s, the B-1s in the 1980s, and even some of the B-2s are more than 15 years old. They have PASSED the age where they should have been retired, and are still being pushed hard. Almost 21% of our F-16 fleet is grounded for fuselage and wing cracks, and even the C-17 which is still being produced is showing fuselage cracks from the pace of operations we have them under.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

How about replacing the crumbling INFRASTRUCTURE of his own NATION? People are suffering here while these goons continue to spend RECORD amounts on these overseas fiascos and continue lining the pockets of the Corps and M.I.C...When your own nation is getting shafted on social programs---Healthcare, education, etc., and the standard of living and survival has gone down the tubes, it's time to start waking up and having some PRIORITIES...Unfortunately, AMERICANS are not these peoples priorities whatsoever. We are nothing to them.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
How about replacing the crumbling INFRASTRUCTURE of his own NATION?

Very rarely a valid function of government. Though your claim that it's "crumbling" is both hilarious and childish.

People are suffering here while these goons continue to spend RECORD amounts on these overseas fiascos and continue lining the pockets of the Corps and M.I.C...

We spent more and had higher taxes during FDR's regime (make sure you remember GDP and inflation when verifying though).

When your own nation is getting shafted on social programs---Healthcare,

Which isn't really so bad, but the high costs are partially due to the money the government is already giving. We're driving up the costs by pumping money into it.

education, etc.,

I don't like the public education system. In fact, I hate the way it teaches things, but really that's mismanagement, not lack of funding. Vouchers are a good way to make the education "market" a bit more competitive. Ending overregulation of school curricula would help too.

and the standard of living and survival has gone down the tubes,

No, it hasn't. Make sure you take buying power into account when calculating economic statistics.

Now, your first post. You say that Bush seems to parallel Hitler and Stalin, which is a very, very unfair comparison. If you really want to compare presidents to them, we have FDR. Maybe Lincoln slightly, too, but certainly not Bush. I don't like Bush, but there's a point when you blame him for far too much. We haven't really lost much freedom at all - in fact, by letting the federal assault weapons ban expire (note: Hitler banned guns, as do most dictators - note that Bush is doing the opposite), he's expanded them slightly. I don't love certain parts of the Patriot Act and whatnot, and I certainly don't approve of the Iraq War, but you can't pin the sole blame on Bush for these fiascos. Congress is far more to blame than him, though he could and should have vetoed them.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There is no need for this country to have the massive war machine it does, if the military is intended for the defense of the United States.

Unfortunately our military is being used to build an Empire, not defend the Republic.

The right wingers are already screaming bloody murder about "China's military buildup" even though China's military is nowhere near parity with ours.

If any other country were building a force comparable to ours, we'd assume (correctly) that they were trying to take over the world.

But somehow the same rules don't apply to us...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Blah-blah-blah...Another Bush apologist...

Hilarious and childish eh? Have you looked at the housing or job situations here bud? How about the cost of driving across town or food? Your DENIAL of what is going is what is hilarious. Our country is going to sh** and folks like you who act like everything's hunky dorey are not helping, you're part of the problem. Wake up.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Today, President Bush is right up there with the European dictators. His military spending has soared from $291 billion to a lavish $515 billion and he’s proposed a stunning $651 billion next year.

That's a large chunk of the entire yearly budget for the federal government. Here is an 'actual' pie chart of the federal budget and the one the federal government thinks is correct is right below it.

Total Outlays (Federal Funds): $2,650 billion
MILITARY: 54% and $1,449 billion
NON-MILITARY: 46% and $1,210 billion

Federal Pie Chart

Notice any inconsistencies?

The Friends Committee on National Legislation, of Washington, D.C. says that 44 cents out of every dollar in his 2009 budget will go for war, compared with 2.2 cents for social programs. Typically, he calls for cutting 47 education programs while handing the generals 8% more.

Wow. 44% of every dollar goes to the "national defense" (a misnomer) and about 2.2% goes to helping people here. That's great. Sounds like he cares about the American people...

Under Bush, U.S. military spending is now roughly equal to the combined total of all other nations. What’s more, Uncle Sam is the world’s Number One arms peddler, selling about half of all weapons bought by the developing nations, and showing few scruples about sales to dictators. The Center for Defense Information reported last year that U.S. arms sales to 25 countries it studied increased 400 percent over 9/11.

Well I knew about that already.

And who really are the "terrorists" I wonder?

Oh did I mention we're $9 trillion in debt as well?

[edit on 4/6/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
bush has no intention of of providing security for the common man. he is protecting capital and the wealthy. don't believe what you here, believe what is done, as far as laws that are passed. too many americans "drink the koolaid" of political rhetoric.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Yeah, because there's no reason to replace planes that are older than most of the crews flying them. Or planes that are falling out of the sky. Or weapons that don't work. Or to pay for the war we're fighting (and whether you agree with it or not, we have to finish what we start). The AVERAGE age of the mainstay of the USAF (the F-15) is almost 26 years old. The B-52 was last built in the early 1960s, the B-1s in the 1980s, and even some of the B-2s are more than 15 years old. They have PASSED the age where they should have been retired, and are still being pushed hard. Almost 21% of our F-16 fleet is grounded for fuselage and wing cracks, and even the C-17 which is still being produced is showing fuselage cracks from the pace of operations we have them under.

So, when have you "won" the invasion? You know there will always be another guy to shoot, another what-if to be afraid of, and another war to fight after this one.

You will never have enough money to replace your massive army so its up to date, its simply too big. The only ones winning are the defense industry, and I have to admit they are playing it very smart. Now americans think withdrawing is admitting defeat, so its suddenly personal. I would laugh if it wasnt so crazy.

I wonder how many vietnams it will take. Probably one for every new generation of americans who havent understood the lessons of history.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Its always amazing when people can't understand simple logic.
The US is the only superpower in the world, and now we have a dictatorship in Russia emerging, and China trying to steal our technology, unlike when Clinton was in office and he just handed it all to them.

We have to replace our existing technology, no one here seems to remark how Russia is spending even more then the US in a vain effort to make arms equal to what we have, or how China has increased their military spending while subjectcating Tibet, and threatening Taiwan.

Just more typical Anti-American bias being floated around here.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
More than that, probably, now that we have nukes, the big powers don't want to play together, cause someone will get hurt big time. Proxy wars are the new fad, and I don't see them going away anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I've said it before "Why did not the Germans and Europeans do anything when they Hitler came to power, could they not see the signs?"

Sure they could, but they did nothing just as we do nothing right now........Future generations will be ashamed of us for not acting.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor

Hint: You could probably change that by not killing millions of people around the world every decade.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This statement will be seen as quite foolish after Bush is out of office and the next ELECTED POTUS takes office. That is how we take action.

Unless you are going to say that Bush is going to thwart the elections somehow and stay in office right? I heard the same BS about Clinton.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Way to exaggerate that number and please continue to post these lies and made up numbers to help feed your bias.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Its always amazing when people can't understand simple logic.[/qoute]

Indeed, the simple logic that you can't keep spending money you don't have, when everyone is taxed out.

The US is the only superpower in the world, and now we have a dictatorship in Russia emerging, and China trying to steal our technology, unlike when Clinton was in office and he just handed it all to them.

Guess what, we have an emerging dictatorship here in the states too...Right, so we're back to "everything's Clinton's fault".

We have to replace our existing technology, no one here seems to remark how Russia is spending even more then the US in a vain effort to make arms equal to what we have, or how China has increased their military spending while subjectcating Tibet, and threatening Taiwan.

I don't see any of these countries going around starting illegal wars on foreign lands and trying to establish their dominance all over the map. Spending on protecting your OWN country, and spending to start up a bunch of BS invasions on foreign land are two seperate entities. It's hilarious that this 'theme' of this invasion was fighting 'terrorism' and yet our borders have been left wide open for ages...

Ahh, the good old,"If you speak out about our idiotic gov leaders failing policies, you're an 'anti-american'!" argument...Sorry, that just doesn't fly anymore...The biggest patriots on these boards are the ONES WHO SPEAK UP, instead of continuously excusing the behavior that got us in, and continues this trainwreck...

[edit on 6-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

You are so right! Fearing everyone means there will always be that bogey-man around the corner. With each young person in another country that sees the empire of the United States occupying their country and killing their friends and family another generation of hate is born. I dont blame them for disliking the occupation! The only way to end the fear is to end the cycle of hate now. Someone has to be the bigger person. Why not the U.S. We can bring back pride to our country. Peace will never be found by bombing and shooting others into submission. Life is a hologram, we get out of it what we put in! "In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."---The Beatles

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You need to learn how to use the quote tags when replying. Fix your post and I will respond to your points.

So what illegal war was that? You mean the one that Congress voted for and approved? Illegal by whose law?

So when were the elections called off? When did we become a dictatorship? Just because you want to think that is happening doesn't make it true.

You seem to be stuck in the if you tell a lie long enough it becomes true category. If the elections are called off, then I will buy into your 'claim' about the US and our style of Govt. Until then, just empty words.

Now are you really trying to say that clinton didn't give China state secrets? I think you need to go educate yourself about bubba and his treason when it comes to China.

You can cry all about the anti-American bias, but it is there and it exists.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You seem to be stuck in the if you tell a lie long enough it becomes true category.

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! This statement coming from a BUSH ADMINISTRATION APOLOGIST?!?

Talk about the epitome of Irony.

"Saddam has WMDS!" "Saddam has WMDS!"

Too funny.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join