It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost photo here needs your analysis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It must be some kind of anomoly captured on the film, because it is clearly that kid. Look, you can CLEARLY see the same stripes on the ghost kids sleeve as the crying kid. So maybe it was a double exposure? Creepy!!

Maybe it is his guardian angel.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Anyway so Im thinking this is the boys 'imaginary friend'..... or its just a coincidental trick of the light. I really dont think its a photoshop but maybe you will say otherwise.

This was my first red flag about your story. However after reading your posts I do not think you were out to hoax anyone.

If it was from a friend, then why would you even suspect it to be photo-shopped?

Have you ever been looking at older snapshots that had other snapshots superimposed during the processing? That was my conclusion due to the hair being exact to the child crying. The nose is also identical. There is probably a picture of the crying child stooping like in the ghost image. (IMHO)

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh no worries there no Im not out to hoax anybody its just a pic off the web to me and still one of the best Ive seen.

Although if I was hoaxing then the fact that I slipped in the photoshop comment could just be a clever tactic to make me look more credible
haha.

Yeah dont even dwell on that. lol

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
That ghost looks related to the child in the photo.
I am curious as to whether the mother lost another child before this one was born. They look like siblings.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
oh wow. I made that post before I read the entire thread.

well it seems first impressions may be accurate then?

I am very curious about this photo now.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2
reply to post by Stanley Mimix

So.. no news back from Bajer

[edit on 15-4-2008 by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2]

hi there,sry for no response been busy,i have no reason whatsoever to make this up,its my friends 'MEL' sister and her friends,the girls are called Tia and the 'Ghostly' girl was Mia,i wasnt aware the photo was on here till my mate told me,i will do my best to find out which uni it went to and what the outcome is,obviously im careful what i listen to cos its just like chinese whispers isnt it,so plz bare with me ill do my best,thanks

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
im not saying it's not a ghost or spirit, but the human mind naturally attempts to make forms and shapes out of random things. Faces in particular.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hi, long-time lurker here. I've just joined up to say that I've seen this photo in the local paper here on Teesside - not in Scotland. It was claimed that a guy named Matthew took the picture in Billingham, UK.

Here's the link.

www.gazettelive.co.uk...

I don't know if this disproves the 'ghost' in the photo, but it makes me really suspicious.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by labyrinth101

Excellent find thanks

Found it again below, this is getting very interesting, they go into details of the cam phone and other stories that came with the photo from other sources since its been circulating... so please read all this, and BAJER thanks again, you too read this... maybe you can lay it all to rest.

Teeside Ghost Photo

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Anyone else getting the sense that its connected to the crying child in some way? one would assume its a thought form but that doesn't feel like it fits either??? it certainly looks legit but who can say? good pic i was expecting to see another obvious fake but im not sure about this one. im getting a feeling its legit for some reason but i thought it was impossible to catch real ghosts on film with that much light in the room? im not trying to say its not real just that some things dont add up, i dont really know all that much about ghosts

[edit on 21-4-2008 by HuntaXX]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Nice pic, but again, low resolution... Aint there better anywhere? Easy way to trace marks of photoshoppers is to downgrade the resolutions...

Long live the high resolution!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Heres the intro from my last link, badghosts website:

I've mulled over this article for a long time, as I wasnt going to publish this story originally. The subject material when it was presented to us, seemed highly questionable. I felt at the time that we at BadGhosts were somehow being manipulated to suit an as yet undetermined purpose, perhaps to be an unwitting accomplice in the birth of a new Urban Legend. It would appear that we were right, because now that the story has been taken to national syndication, a deeper, yet far more interesting story has surfaced.

Now before we begin the dissemination and disection of information, we should familiarise ourselves with the story as it broke nationally. It was the tale of 17 year old Matthew Summers from Norton, Teeside, who "apparantly" managed to capture a "Ghost" on a mobile phone. It was covered by several news agencies at the time.

Badghosts.com

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I think thats the best one there is, it was apparently taken on a camera phone... all info on the cam used is in my last link.

[ edit to add... cam 'supposedly' used ]

[edit to remove 2-3 mega pixels! ]

[edit on 21-4-2008 by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I took the time to read through all the comments in this thread and it makes a lot of sense that it would be the deceased twin. it seems more believable than most to me because i can picture the kid crouched down behind the girls legs with her arms wrapped around them and if you look closely at the pic you can see distortion on both sides of the legs where the arms would be.

its either a real pic or a very well made fake although if its real id be skeptical to believe its the spirit of a HUMAN based on things ive read. some things dont add up and im beginning to wonder if what we call ghosts are something entirely different taking on the "imprint" if you will of a dead human but aren't the spirits of the humans themselves, but thats not a theory i want to share until i figure it out more for myself

also thats a pretty decent pic for a camera phone and i doubt you will find one any better so its going to be hard to test this pic properly

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I see nothing to indicate any post-work on the photo. Without the original its best guess though.

I see no reason to believe it is not a twin or sibling that happened to be there when the photo was taken.

It is possible it was pasted in very carefully from a photo from the same camera added as a layer. Hmmm, it could be done and the pixels would match perfectly. Probably should not mention that here.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by HuntaXX

I have often thought that too, something taking the likeness of a human but may not actually be them.

I dont know if everyone here has read the badghosts link yet, heres a quick rendition on that site of how the rest of the scene may look >

We can see the child has room to be on its knees.

If it was a real child surely it would stand out more and not look so spookish? I am leaning towards the deceased twin explanation but we need to hear from these people.

Truth is we dont know if it came from a cam phone. I'l quote some stuff from badghosts

badghosts

Now you are aware of the story, and its associated press coverage, we should move back before the publication date of 25th January 2008 for the full story.

Jon Donnis was sent an email from a "Chris" in Sunderland, at Some point before december 5th 2007. He presented it to the forum as a topic of interest. Along with the contents of the email of the sender, which can be seen below.

Quote:

Attached is a picture taken by my younger sisters mobile phone at the weekend. It was taken when she was round her friends house before they went out. As you can see, the picture shows a group of underage drinkers before they hit the town. However if you focus in between the legs of the second and third girl from the left then you can see the face of what appears to be a little girl.

Strangely the toddler to the right in the picture is distressed and my sister claims she was bothered by something but they couldnt work out what.

This picture was copied from my sisters phone onto my PC the day after the pic was taken so it has not been tampered with.The camera was a 3 megapixel mobile phone one.

What the hell is it in the picture? As a fierce sceptic I am bewildered by this strange face. What is your opinion? Optical illusion or just a result of a poor camera?

I'd be grateful for any reply.

Kind Regards

Chris, 23, Sunderland

So we have established that this image has been around for a long while before the press ran with it. We have also established that Matthew Summers was not the originator of the image in question, unless he contacted us under a psuedonym. We have also established there were a similar yet markedly different set of circumstances and stories which led to the image being captured.

One version tells the tale of Matthew taking the image on his phone.

Quote:

captured by 17 year old Matthew Summers on his mobile phone as he and his friends were preparing to go out.

The other insists it was taken by the sister of the person who contacted us.

Quote:

picture taken by my younger sisters mobile phone at the weekend. It was taken when she was round her friends house before they went out.

(edit below)

I know I cant quote the whole site. I kinda need some help with pulling info off the site I havnt much time at the moment, between that site and Bajer we may wrap it all up.

(edit to add web source)

[edit on 22-4-2008 by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
badghosts

Upon further research it was revealed by a "paul smith" on 12/01/2008 on the UK Living TV Forums, reprinted here in its entirety with all grammar and spelling intact and unedited:

Quote:

hi Ive just been shown a picture on a mobile phone of my friends daughter with her friends at christmas. it shows 4 girls ready for a night out one of the girls is a singal mum she asked her son to have his photo taken with them .but heran off crying saying he did not like that littel girl she allways hurt him? . puzzeled by this remark and being a one parent family she let it pass. but when the daughter of my friend looked at the photo they had taken only then did there blood run cold.in between there legs is a littel girls face . not just a thing that looks like no it is a picture of a ghostly littel girl .very weird

Sounds familiar doesnt it? Another poster in the same thread called "destroythemall" stated:

Quote:

Hi. i've got a picture that has the same thing. is this in liverpool? i have enhanced the picture and it has not been edited and is definately an actual picture of a little ghostly girl. i've never seen anything of this quality before. Is there no way of posting the picture on here. Would love to have some veiws on it.

On the abovetopsecret forum dated the 16/01/2008 a user called "bwfcfan" posted this:

Quote:

Hi this is my first thread here and i would like some help trying to figure out this picture. my mums friend came round the other day and showed me a picture that she had received from her brother the same day. the picture shows 4 relatives of hers just getting ready to go out. in between two of the relatives legs near the bottom of the picture is what i can see looks like the face of a baby. now there was no baby there and it wasnt until the picture was viewed that it was noticed. so was wondering what people thought of it as i dont think it is a fake or a trick of light because of the facial features. bear in mind it was also taken on a camera phone

He then posted the "exact" same image as the national newspapers. However he insists the image was taken in bolton manchester where he claims to live, which would tie in nicely with his username. BWFC = Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

A day after bwfcfan posted this on abovetopsecret forums 17/01/2008, a user by the name of "willow"on thebigfatwitch website forum also claimed this was taken by his sisters friend. This is his story.

Quote:

This was taking at new year by one of my sisters friends,the little girl was crying because the little boy wouldnt stop looking at her (look between the girls legs)she is the only child in the house ,i have been promised that they have not messed with the photo in anyway, and i believe them what do you think

Stop me if this heavy quoting is against the rules please Im just convinced most people will skip the link and its useful...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
this photo is a fake u can tell by the bottom half of the pic it looks like it as been replaced

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join