It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Question thats been Confusin me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Simple yet most likely will be considered a stupid question but is Ron Paul still in the race?

Is it still just a major conspiracy that he's never mentioned in the MSM or is he no longer in it?
I recall a while back reading about him taking a break to return home to hold onto his seat or something.
I just don't get American politics its all just so damn confusing

Iv read up on the caucus and delegates and super delegates but i still just can't seem to get a grasp on it. It sounds like a SuperHero movie and I swear it didn't go on this long last time it seems like your elections just drag on forever

if you haven't yet noticed i ain't a political genius honestly iv never voted in my life where i come from (Australia) it just seems a whole lot simpler anyway simplistic replys would be greatly appreciated

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ron Paul really was never in the race to begin with.

He ended up with 21 Delegates, as opposed to the over 1200 compiled by Juan McCain to sew up the nomination.

No talk of an Independent run for Paul, and it would most likely be too late to start one.

I just feel sorry for all the suckers who gave their hard earned money to this guy who had no chance.

So to answer your question, Ron Paul is no longer in the race.

The Ron Paul Fantasy is over.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well thanks for the simple reply im still a bit confused tho i know he was a long shot from the beginning but is this just your opinion or is it offical that hes out?
Lets say McCain drops out overnight is little Ron still lurking in the background or is he gone?
also if McCain drops and everyone else has dropped what happens then?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
McCain has clinched the Republican nomination. No chance he drops out. If he has some kind of major health issue before the Republican Convention, then it will come down to Romney, Huckabee or McCain's VP choice to battle for McCains delegates to secure the nomination. Ron Paul would still be out because of his low total of overall delegates.

It's over. The Ron Paul Fantasy is Over.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
thanks for clarifying that for me makes a bit more sense for me
still think ill just stay outta politics

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
useless response given in this thread
don't listen to him

Ron Paul spread a very important message, a message that was on presidential debates, a message that all americans need to know.

Ron Paul already won!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

so now you have confused me further in your opinion is Ron Paul still lurking in the back with a chance or is it just that his dream is still alive?

top topics

join