It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of people disappear every year

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
P.S.
I think I may have been seen in Venice on a certain occasion, when I know for a fact I was nowhere near Venice - but I had been daydreaming about going there for Christmas that year...
Go figure.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Vanitas]

Ok..THIS got my attention....Recently, I was talking to a friend, and he says ," hey BTW why didn´t you honk back at me when you passed me?"
I went on to ask him, when where etc, he gave me the date, the time etc...only problem was, I was NOT in town that day, yet he swears he saw ME pass in my pickup, same color etc.....before that a friend of my SO, said "hey I saw your SO driving like a bat out of hell on the interstate, where was he going in such a hurry? Agian, we were not in town.
These are people, that would not confuse the facts, PLUS, I live in South America, so a "gringo" in a pickup, is not easly confused with another local...
So what could it be? a crossover of time streams? (if you subscribe to that theory) its puzzling to say the least....

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Are there any current missing-girls reports in your area (2008)? If this is still going on then some sort of investigation of ATS-members living in the area can be done, imo.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

Happened to me before to. I was planning to drive to a certain place, I even had it marked in my calender...but I never went. Nevertheless someone said he saw me and my car on the day at the place I intended to go. Weirdness happens.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Regarding people going missing, it can have as many answers as there are people who go missing. Put to dismiss that they are somewhere on the planet is a big if. Are people taken way and for what purposes we might wonder. To answer that, then we need to answer those who did the abductions.

Can people just walk out and disappear from others. Sure they can and some definitely do. But if I read the post right, we are talking about those that never show up ever again. I have read some great probables and would say they are all good.

It would be best to just say, that there are all manner of means for people to just disappear and never be seen again. Some might have been taken underground while others off world. Sounds crazy, for what I know...nope!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by DaddyBare

Are there any current missing-girls reports in your area (2008)? If this is still going on then some sort of investigation of ATS-members living in the area can be done, imo.

Skyfloating to be sure there is a great puzzle going on down there...one that was looked into by both the FBI and Scotland Yard... the BBC did a big Television production on the problem back in 2004
the number of recovered bodies doesn't even began to make a dent in the total number of reported missing! no one knows just whats going on down there and its still going on....

Now here's the part to pay close attention too...
starting just before thanksgiving 2007 Journalist started to turn up Dead the army was sent in to investigate that lead to running gun battles in the streets... As I stated in my first post on Friday there were reports about thirty army garrisons were reported in Juarez proper and thousands of troops have been dispatched along the border from Texas right through to AZ.
In response the US had placed National Guard members along our borders to make sure it doest spill over into the US.News Story

Normally if you said you'd like to go down and have a look see what there is to find, I'd go with.... well not now... well over 700 people were gunned down in the streets there in Juarez since the start of the year, hundreds more all along the border... we get snippets of hours long running battles and sometimes the army is out gunned!!! if this is the first time reading this then you would be right to be concerned there in not one but two armies massed on our southern border

No Skyfloating to ask someone to go now is to ask them to walk unarmed into a raging war zone...where everyone is a target of opportunity....
to explain how bad it really is right now I posted a new thread
Mexico Security Memo

[edit on 8-4-2008 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

It's almost exactly what happened to me "in" Venice...

I was berated for not having said hello to this guy who said we "met" in front of the Doge's Palace. He even described my cream fur coat (this was way before I developed a soul...) and the man who was with me (in Venice).

I haven't met anyone who looked very much like me so far... but anything is possible, I suppose.

It's the coat and the description of the man who was with "me" what puzzles me...

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I just met with a group of senior executives I had never seen before and each one either placed me somewhere before, that I had never been, or said its so nice to see you again, or said its good you could make it again. Never saw a one of them before right then. Usually avoid the exposure. Creepy feeling when your not expecting it.....

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
I just met with a group of senior executives I had never seen before and each one either placed me somewhere before, that I had never been, or said its so nice to see you again, or said its good you could make it again. Never saw a one of them before right then. Usually avoid the exposure. Creepy feeling when your not expecting it.....

Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

I don't know about that one. Possibly the 'Outer Limits' though.

Al least they think I'm doing great works..............

Just hope my double doesn't get loaded at the christmas party and muck things up for me.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Going to sound nutz... what if the so called reptilians feed off us? notice how most of the disapearences are children.. I even read somewhere that reptilians like to devour chidren because the level of posions are much less then a Human adult.. Off coause children are much more suceptilble to being abducted by Human predators... but so many?? I heard somewhere on the news where the parents were in a park and there child was on a swing.. they looked away for a second and when they looked back the child was gone... nothing or no one was in sight that could have taken the child so quickly! We need to protect our children from Human predators and unkowns.. always and always stay close to your child when you go out.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Do reptilians exist? never saw one so I can't say. It is possible that there are very large and powerful creatures that poke their heads into our dimension from time to time and pick up a few snacks. (us)

I don't have kids but none of our dogs have even been outside by themselves. If it was kids they may be on one of those leash things if they were mine. Too many wacos out there.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

can you cite the story of the child that ` dissapeared ` from the park ?

i am not being rude - but the family of shannon mathews have been implicated in her " dissapearence "

the case you reffere to could be totally different , but then again ...........

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yes there are several cases of steaming coffee and lit cigs in ashtrays etc. Contract killers probably account for 50,000 per year. Both Mob and Uncle, but that leaves a lot left. Where do those go? OK lets say another 50K are unstable and wander off with amnesia, we still have 400K left to think about.... What is another 200K of those were scammers con artists and other bottom barrel trades.

What happenned to to the 200K left still missing?

Umm those are probably also Mob and Uncle.

As for a 'rapture'... nobody is getting off that easy, don't kid yourselves. If you follow a specific religion, then listen to the words of the person whose name you invoke, not your local rabble rouser.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just an interjection with personel experience of having been "elsewhere" during sleep. On two different occasions I've had lucid dreams of being "elsewhere" and involved in battles and awakened to find minor wounds and scratches consistant with those I received while I "dreamed" I was "elsewhere" The scratches could be easily explained as self inflicted during sleep, however the puncture wounds are a bit more difficult to dismiss.

On other occasions of lucid dreaming I've found Myself looking out at the world I was visiting through another set of eyes.....like I was sharing a body with the resident of that world. The strangest part being that the stranger I found Myself sharing a body with knew I was there and would explain or narrate what I was seeing.

I share the OP's view that had I allowed Myself on a couple of these "outings", I may have crossed the threshold and never returned to now......or did I? hmmmm

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have read about these disappearance scenerios in the Charles Forte books.
Also I read that the greatest number of disappearance occur in the month of June. Any stats on this?

I do think that a lot of this is due to the sex traffic and transplant market
There are an awful lot of transplants going on. And really, I cannot imagine that there are that many people with donated usable organs dying.

Leading causes of death in this country do not leave useable organs.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Interesting thread. It reminded me of a couple local incidents that happened in NC in the last year or two, where two separate men disappeared off their property. One was going out to cut grass or run the tractor, the other disappeared with his dinner on stove.

They received minimal media coverage, but I remember thinking how odd both incidences were, seems like they both happened during the same summer in different parts of the state.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think its mostly the government and possible ET's.. THINK ABOUT THIS? the government wants people to put chip implants. Whats the best way to make some one do something you want? YOU MAKE THEM WILLINGLY DO IT! make them scared show a scary scenario and they jump on line for a implant for their kids or what not. Kool thread though Sky

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absence of Self
Hi Guys,
99% of all reports are solved within 1 year leaving 2100 to 2300 unsolved up unto that period.

Now we´re getting closer to the factual data. There have been a few people here trying to debunk the notion in the OP.

We can now say there are 2000 unresolved cases in the UK a year. Multiply that by every country and you have about 500 000 unresolved cases a year (plus an extra figure of unreported cases)

Note that if crime or worldly explanations are involved there´s usually a resolving of the case involved. I will therefore say that all these "unresolveds" point to either a massive abduction conspiracy or paranormal issues and maybe both.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hi Again.

Just to start off one should noted from the link I posted previously that missing persons found dead in the UK account for just 0.6% of the overall reports... and are listed as resolved.. So they don't count towards the unsolved missing persons figures.

Anyhow...

I've been attempting to dig up some more solid statistics for you all and, as such, present for your entertainment the 'Missing Persons in Australia' Report by the Australian Institute of Criminology for the Australian Federal Police published 13th March this year.

It's a 1Mb PDF weighing in at 200 pages and is the most detailed report on the subject i have seen yet since it included statistics from the USA, the UK and Canada to compare and contrast disappearances between countries...

Australian Report on Missing Persons

Note that it also provides a full statistical breakdown for every Australian police jurisdiction in the appendix.

In Summary for the year 2005/2006.

UK (Government and Other Agencies) = 210,000 or 3.5 Persons per 1000.

USA (Government Agencies Only) = 834,536 or 2.8 persons per 1000

Australia (Government Agencies) = 28,791 or 1.5 persons per 1000, (when expanded to include non government agencies increases to 1.6 persons per 1000)

Approximately even split between male/female and young and old and does not account for reoccurrences.

Also..

The Australian resolution rate has been 90% located within 7 days and 2% still missing after 6 months.

Overall the report is worth a read since it goes into non-reports and cultures where reports are unlikely.

Cheers.

Absence.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Additional Information:

Official Statistics from the FBI's National Crime Information Center looks to be the source of the 830,000 number for the US.

You can find the full write up here: NCIC MISSING PERSON FILE

Note that the statistics also maintain a record of unknown persons and, overall, the report looks like the FBI records are taken to be the representative data for the US despite the fact that persons not on the FBI record may skew the data to an unknown degree.

(Taking into account the non-report's estimated by the Australian study this unknown variable may be as high as 20% or 1 in 5).

Also included in the file is summary information of missing person reports dating from the year 1990 to 2006.

Summarized here for your convenience.

Source: FBI Missing Persons Reports

YEAR, MISSING, UNIDENTIFIED
1990 663,921 1,567
1991 705,175 1,805
1992 801,358 1,637
1993 868,345 1,629
1994 954,896 1,829
1995 969,264 1,143
1996 955,252 1,391
1997 980,712 1,608
1998 932,190 1,326
1999 867,129 1,241
2000 876,213 1,091
2001 840,279 973
2002 821,975 947
2003 824,699 1,214
2004 830,325 1,335
2005 834,536 1,383
2006 836,131 1,413

Personally, I would consider using FBI data as an authoritative source for the entirety of the US to be a mistake when considering ‘reports’ of missing persons since it does not include reports that d not each the FBI.

However I would be more willing to use it as a viable source to give a good overview of persons who have simply gone and whose cases remain unsolved since such cases escalate in seriousness over time when it begins to look like someone has actually disappeared permanently.

Cheers.

Absence.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join