It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of people disappear every year

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Thanks for commenting on that Majic...that was exactly what I was looking for.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
* Someone does a "time-slip" and enters a parallel universe or another dimension.

This is an interesting theory. I think it would be cool to be like a 'slider' and just jump out and then back in!

* "Rapture"

I dont think this is really valid. The bible says that all the people would dissapear all at the same time (or at least thats how we take it)

* A less known theory is that it is possible to enter other dimensions while dreaming in your sleep. The idea is that if you practice "lucid dreaming" (dreaming while knowing that you are dreaming) there is the danger of entering another world or time-line...by which your existence and also your body disappear in this world.

I had never heard this one before. Very interesting.

* "Spontaneous Human Combustion" (a process investigated by some parapsychologists whereby bodies suddenly burn to ashes)

although I think this may be a case, there would be evidence left behind.

Originally posted by NetStorm
Honestly, don´t you think we would notice such a HUGE decline in population
[edit on 6-4-2008 by NetStorm]

Not neciserially...You forget that there is a child born like every minute or so in the world. that would quickly replinish the numbers on earth

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

For me there is no choice to either go or come back. What is happening in my life is not voluntary, but if I were to find myself in a place where I wanted to stay I have the feeling that I would be allowed to. Sorry if I got off topic.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Considering half of all marriages in America end in divorce, this may explain why some men disappear.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

This is Bermuda-Triangle stuff. I recall lucid dreams in which I was on the verge of "going somewhere" and felt "If I go now, I wont return".

That's crazy that you say that because that has happened to me only I have already been "traveling" and at a certain point I got the undeniable feeling that if I went much further I would be crossing some sort of thresh hold.
This happened while sleeping and something else that happens to
me is that while I am sleeping sometimes(usually early morning)
is I will get this incredible sensation of falling at probly a freefall
speed, only the wind rushing past my ears is ever so gentle and
it is the most serene,peaceful,loving feeling I think I have ever had.
Just falling and falling for miles and miles and miles. I can actually HEAR
the wind gently blowing past my ears and If you ask me how I can be sure I was awake and not dreaming I would have to ask how you know you're not dreaming right now.
But like I said it got to a point this last time that I had to end it or I am certain that I would not be allowed back, and the only reason I chose not to go futher is because I did not want to leave my family behind.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Screw the numbers. The fact that we can't account for way too many people is a way too many. Remove all of those that can be counted in some way other than the Poof gone group and we still have too many people going Poof gone. The Poof gone group consists of those such as
the ones that left a breakfast or everything even the clothes on their backs
or the car with the doors open, that sort. Those of S,H.C. are not missing
we know where they are. The puddles of goo and ash answer that quite well. Judge Carter or Crater, well anyway, was a Poof gone Celeb . Those with the possibility of foul play can be removed from the list, unless the body has been fed to pigs or dissolved in some way there will be a trace found eventually. The ones in the Poof gone category have grown in numbers over the years to the point that some one somewhere must be making a list. If not, Skyfloating you have the lead on this one for now.
I suggest that now would be a great time to start

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Living in the southwest, New Mexico we've had more than are share of people gone missing...

Starting back in the 1980's along the Mexican border we started hearing rumors about young girls who would vanish on their way home from school...

The old timers were quick to whisper the Chupacabra (Goat Sucker) took them... other people talked about lobo del diablo (A Native American mythical wee beasty) and of course "Skin Walkers"

So number wise just how many am I talking about? THOUSNADS!!!
there in CIUDAD JUAREZ just across the the Texas border from El Paso they have found almost 500 dead girls... and the number of missing people is exponentially higher... true some of the bodies show clear signs they were raped and murdered, not all that uncommon for that part of the world....

But others... have been found decapitated and show signs of being eaten...

No one really knows what's going on down there... all agree the numbers are to high to be the work of one sick man... others have blamed the drug cartels but no two murdered bodies found have ever been done the same way...???

So how bad did it get?
last week there was a report of 30 Mexican army garrisons located throughout the city of Juarez... since the start of the year there have been over 750 people killed in that city alone. Friday 2 April, According to Mexican authorities they have detained or arrested Hundreds...Juarez police officers, businessmen, bar owners, bartenders, cab drives, city and state employees in a military offensive sweep of the city...
right now the story is about the war on drugs but you have to remember this all started with the reports of a few missing school girls...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I wonder if someone have statistics from different countries, say UK (low crime and no violent borders). If it is some paranormal phenomen involving sleep, then it must influence humans the same throughout the globe. BUT if there are countries "peaking" then it must be country-bound and have different reasons. Anyone have UK statistics? Or Russia's (i suspect a large percentage there). Also age statistics can pinpoint the causes. However i agree ~0.12 percent of population vanishing per year without a trace or known cause is too much.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

thanks for corroborating my story and for sharing your apparently rather intimate view.

do you, by any chance, know how long it usually takes, those who reappear, to be found dead? i heard some girls had been gone for months, whch would require some sort of hidden facility to house them - or another realm of course. you mentioned some bodies had been partially eaten. any preferred parts, maybe concealing extractions of organs or tissue samples?

thanx in advance

=====

reply to post by Beamish

At the battle of Gallipoli, in 1915, New Zealand soldiers witnessed hundreds of British troops advancing towards the Turkish positions, when suddenly a dense, solid looking cloud, shaped like a loaf of bread, settled on the ground in front of the troops. After the British troops walked into it, the cloud lifted leaving not one soldier behind.
It should be noted that of the 34,000 men killed at Gallipoli, only 6,000 actually have a grave. Where are all the remaining 27,000 'missing' men?

i have a question: could the rest just be 'wounded' casualties? i'm the last to rule out fake historical accounts, i'd just expect some uproar and an established CT around the incident if it was actually true, because it sounds like an enormously hard to conceal event.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

thanks for corroborating my story and for sharing your apparently rather intimate view.

do you, by any chance, know how long it usually takes, those who reappear, to be found dead? i heard some girls had been gone for months, which would require some sort of hidden facility to house them - or another realm of course. you mentioned some bodies had been partially eaten. any preferred parts, maybe concealing extractions of organs or tissue samples?

First let me point out the girls disappearance has been going on for a long time now. it only came to my attention during the 1980's back then they never found a body...ever... its only been since the late 1990's that bodies started showing up in the desert... yes some had been missing for months others they have no clue who they are and or where they came from....or for that mater how long they've been missing...not that doesn't count the hundreds of families who to this day scour the country side looking for some sign of a lost one and have still to find anything at all...
as to what has been eaten their not saying... a news reporter did once question if maybe organs had been harvested for sale... that idea was quickly put down when the coroner stated some of those marketable organs were the first to be eaten!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

To be honest. I didn't quote that particular "event" as I believe it has been explained satisfactorily.
I'll try and find a link, but as far as I can remember, the British troops in question didn't simply disappear into a fog, they were captured by Turkish troops and executed to a man.
There was a dramatisation of this story made for UK televison some years ago.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
a news reporter did once question if maybe organs had been harvested for sale... that idea was quickly put down when the coroner stated some of those marketable organs were the first to be eaten!

as i expected. sadly, you wouldn't know if they'd been cut out before unleashing the pigs. iow, it's the perfect concealment, just like the rest:

let some bodies reappear, so the media can at least coer it locally in order not to arouse too many suspicions, let recovered bodies be mutilated or rot for a while until forensic evidence can no longer be retrieved and last but not least, bring in sex, it will draw attention. the most laughable version was that women had become too 'economically independent', so jelous men raped and killed them.

so sad, women's organs are compatible with mens' bodes, but not vice versa, then there's stem cells, which make women a primary target. to think that's only the tip of the iceberg, noone will ever forgive us and this civilisation.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well i found the following data from FBI concerning 2006 (or 2005??). The numbers are totally different and i am really confused. For example in 2006 there were 836,131 new entries and 851,940 (old?) removal, but actually only 51,518 were located. I can not understand their data handling,actually.
However if it is to be trusted from 836131, 662,228 were under 18, so i guess (once again,if data to be trusted) that it is mainly kids running from home.

www.fbi.gov...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

Sorry if I got off topic.

You didnt get off topic. You were right on topic.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

You have my interest, what kind of physical travel do you mean? I am sorry if my last reply seemed rude, it did to me upon rereading it.

I also would never want to discount any experience that you may have had in the past.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Has anyone mentioned Dulce here? Or the possible reptilian connection? I have no substantial evidence what so ever to corroborate that possibility, just wondering if it could fit into this equation?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Ive never heard of this "girls missing in New Mexico" thing. Any possible connection to underground and secret facilities? What do you think?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbass
That's crazy that you say that because that has happened to me only I have already been "traveling" and at a certain point I got the undeniable feeling that if I went much further I would be crossing some sort of thresh hold.

My feeling exactly. Sometimes its really beautiful, the way you described...the beauty luring you elsewhere and you sensing the consequences. Other times its plain scary.

Im glad there are others who know this threshhold. Why? Because I couldnt find any specific literature on it AT ALL.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have an impulse to pull the topic back to the dimensional predator theorem for a minute.

Is it too much to believe that even thought there is much ancient wisdom to do with obe s and inter dimensional work such as astral travel that many secrets were also lost or kept from those at the bottom?

Don't some of your texts even describe dimensions/astral worlds that are unreachable?

If you are spending time with astral travel, should you not suspect that there are several or even an uncountable number of other places where these predators can exist waiting in ambush?

More simply are there entities in other dimensions that can open a doorway long enough to snack on the molecules of your existence, your electrical energy, and fuel off of the carbons?

For you folks to decide. In truth there is something there that may reflect a slice of the pie......

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Well i found the following data from FBI concerning 2006 (or 2005??). The numbers are totally different and i am really confused. For example in 2006 there were 836,131 new entries and 851,940 (old?) removal, but actually only 51,518 were located. I can not understand their data handling,actually.
However if it is to be trusted from 836131, 662,228 were under 18, so i guess (once again,if data to be trusted) that it is mainly kids running from home.

www.fbi.gov...

That makes me wanna agree with what another poster said "Screw the numbers".

But if these number are correct that WOULD make for millions of people (internationally) missing every year...wouldnt it?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join