It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of people disappear every year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Don't forget about the panicked mothers and fathers that report missing people when their kids are missing for a few hours, and when the kids come home they never call in to say they found them.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Wouldn't the police in that scenario check back in at some point to see if the kid was found?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Having started a thread about a missing person who was subsequently found alive, though in a terrible state:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and knowing the workings of a bizarre Universe, it really didn't surprise me to find this thread.

I've been doing some research recently with relevance to my own thread, and came upon several accounts of disappearances from history that kind of negate the blackop/nwo/stemcellharvesting slant.
These from: morticom.com...

On October 24th, 1593, a soldier reported for palace duty in Manila, Philippines, and instantly became aware that his uniform set him apart from everyone else. He suddenly realised that he was actually in Mexico City, Mexico.During interrogation the soldier said that he had been instructed that very morning to report to the palace in Manila, adding that the governor of the Philippines had been killed the night before.
The Mexican authorities put him in jail, but two months later it was confirmed that the Philippine governor had indeed been murdered in Manila on the night before the soldier suddenly appeared. The soldier was then allowed to return back to Manila, over 2000 miles away!

In Perleberg, Germany, on November 25th, 1809, 25 year old diplomat Benjamin Bathurst and his valet stopped at an inn for the night, after travelling from diplomatic services during the French/Austrian war. A witness at the inn reported that Bathurst seemed to be very nervous and had asked for guards to protect him against mysterious pursuers.
In the middle of the evening as his coach was leaving, Bathurst went out into the otherwise deserted street, walked around the horses.......and disappeared.

and this next one from:
www.rense.com...

Owen Parfitt had been paralyzed by a massive stroke. In June, 1763 in Shepton Mallet, England, Parfitt sat outside his sister's home, as was often his habit on warm evenings. Virtually unable to move, the 60-year-old man sat quietly is his nightshirt upon his folded greatcoat. Across the road was a farm where workers were finishing their workday by pooking the hay. At about 7 p.m., Parfitt's sister, Susannah, went outside with a neighbor to help Parfitt move back into the house, as a storm was approaching. But he was gone. Only his folded greatcoat upon which he sat remained. Investigations of this mysterious disappearance were carried out as late as 1933, but no trace or clues to Parfitt's fate were ever uncovered.

this from:
paranormal.about.com...

The year was 1815 and the location a Prussian prison at Weichselmunde. The prisoner's name was Diderici, a valet who was serving a sentence for assuming his employer's identity after he died from a stroke. It was an ordinary afternoon and Diderici was just one in a line of prisoners, all chained together, walking in the prison yard for the day's exercise. As Diderici walked with his prison inmates to the clanking of their shackles, he slowly began to fade - literally. His body became more and more transparent until Diderici disappeared altogether, and his manacles and leg irons fell empty to the ground. He disappeared into thin air and was never seen again. (From Among the Missing: An Anecdotal History of Missing Persons from 1800 to the Present, by Jay Robert Nash)

This is only the tip of the iceberg. And it's not just individuals that vanish, it's whole ship loads. We've all heard of the Marie Celeste:
www.maryceleste.net...
But what about these:

In the Bahamas, on August 17th, 1840, the merchant ship 'Rossini' was discovered completely abandoned, it's cargo of wines, fruits and silks still intact and in perfect condition, the captain's papers and log all secure in their proper places, the only living things on board being a cat, some chickens and several canaries, half dead from starvation.

or

In the mid Atlantic, on February 28th, 1855, the ship 'James B Chester' was found totally abandoned and in fine condition. When boarded it was found that the compass and the ship's papers were gone and also signs that personal belongings of the crew had been hastily gathered from drawers and cupboards. The strange thing was that all the lifeboats were still on board without showing any signs that an attempt was made to use them.

or how about an entire expedition?

In Australia, in March 1848, explorer Ludwig Leichhardt led an expedition to cross the huge central desert. Leichhardt, his men and over 70 pack animals were never seen again. In 1975, nearly 130 years later, Zac Mathias, an Australian ranger came across some photographs showing aboriginal paintings of white men with their pack animals, painted about the same time that Leichhardt had gone missing. Mathias organised an expedition to find these cave paintings but just before the expedition was to begin, Mathias himself disappeared, never to be seen again.

morticom.com...

The ufologist and author John Keel alludes to a paranormal cause for this phenomena:

Writer John Keel theorized that many alleged paranormal disappearances might be the result of tears in the fabric of reality, with people or objects somehow passing through a hole out of our known set of dimensions and into another, causing them to become out of step with our world in terms of time or space, and thus causing them to appear to vanish. [1][2] Keel's perspective is shared by Hungarian writer Nandor Fodor, who related the phenomena to alleged incidents of teleportation, and loosely described the process as "falling into the fourth dimension". [3]

en.wikipedia.org...

So what is causing this haemorrage of bodies? Who knows. I love the idea that we can travel to other dimensions via lucid dreams. I've only ever had one, and I know I wasn't here whilst I was in it.

I subscribe to a theory voiced by some cryptozoologists in that anomalous animals can, by some natural ability or efect, skip between dimensions or worlds. This would explain why Bigfoot etc. are so incredibly ellusive.

Maybe we are subject to the same effect, but unknowingly?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This topic would make a good movie, like an X file case. But wait, it was in the X files, I think. Some of these disappearances could be due to aliens. I have no proof. No body, no crime.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

I suuuure hope so...

mmm doughnuts

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I agree. There are more examples of paranormal activity than there are of the black-ops/ritual-abuse type activity.

This is something that is becoming more clear to me while reading through this thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I am certain that for those that have lost loved ones the paranormal possibilities are much more appealing then the idea of their lost loved ones being used in some deviant type scenario, but the reality of that being the truth is slim to none.
When many of the least suspected people turn to things like purchasing private videos for their gruesome pleasures, then the black markets would be the first choice of the majority of disappearances.
If we are to uncover anything or do something towards helping the situation defuse, then we have to remain on topic with the tangible rather than the paranormal.
If there are paranormal aspects to some of the disappearances and I for one can buy that to an extent, then we are still looking at a huge amount of disappearances that can be stopped and are within the realm of the physical.
Connecting the dots has always been an arduous task, but one that can shed light and uncover many dark secrets.
The problem that would be encountered is that the levels of cover up are like breaking through brick with a tooth pick.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I dont doubt that there are black-ops-abductions, ritual-abuse-pedophiles, child-trafficing activities happening.

But to downplay the paranormal as "unrealistic" wont do either...especially in light of all the witness-reports of sudden dissappearance and the real-life-physics-possibility of de-materialization and time-slippage.

Its kind of crazy of me to assign more reality to the paranormal than to cover-ups I guess. But this has to do with the fact that Ive experienced a lot of paranormal but no cover-up firsthand.

No offense...I believe in the importance of uncovering the darkest corners of society. Im not putting my head in the sand.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
(Paranormal) the reality of that being the truth is slim to none.

Current ATS-News item on time travel being not only possible but likely

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It is not at all that I exclude the possibility. Here is a post I made a few years ago of my own experience with a rift.
#1 09-04-2006, 07:00 PM
antarrishu
Men in Black Join Date: Jan 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, ok this happened on my weekend trip to Wyoming.My husband and I were tuned in to the fact that the majority of the main players were this weekend in route to Jackson Hole to party and come up with a plan to create ,well lets just say that bankers, CIA-FBI and who ever were converging to figure out a way to save the economy.Just for fun we were trying to guess which cars were which (mostly black new)Ok my hubby went to sleep and it was about 333pm when I find myself following a very brilliant black mini van.I could not catch up w/ it no matter how fast I went.Finally catching up to it by driving very fast I slow down to look over at him now in the slow lane and he also turns his body to stare back at me.He then reaches down to the left leg area as if to pull a lever and it is at this point I speed up and move over into the slow lane as well.He was GONE!!! I looked all around and the van had vanished.It was not on the side , no place to turn off, just vanished.He was a man of about 40 reddish hair and light complection,blue eyes, a pink and white highly starched pinstriped shirt with thick starched sleeves.The van was jet black and very new and very reflective.It had shiney metal very brilliant as well bands around the bottomand middle of the van and the insignia on the back was maybe 6in. across and had gold and silver insignia inside it. The first impression was to move over carefully and with a signal back in to the fast lane because I felt like he was still there but camoflaged.BUt then again, I wondered if he just slipped into another dimension like a time traveler. I also think he could have been an alien. It is an honor to have him feel safe enough to do his thing in front of me. I tell you guys its getting more and more interesting all the time.Technology is so much more advanced that anything any of us are willing to acknowledge. One more thing, is it possible that we all may slip from one universe to another at different points in our lives? This could explain how sometimes people we just adore, change, or we get dejavu, and the slip is so fractional that you would never know.I guess as you slip, so does the you in the universe you slip into...What do you think???There is a little more to the story too, but who can ask? And how much do you trust me? I say to you all this is true and accurate.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah...I actually read that post back then and remember it.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is a very well respected site and I have posted MANY paranormal type thoughts and experiences over there. It was the site that brought me here. Again I do not discount the paranormal, just like to keep the thread from moving into the unknowable.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
There is the case of the Philadelphia experiment, they were trying to use magnetic fields to cloak a ship, supposedly the ship vanished and returned with some the crew member melted into the ship. There is one guy who claims that a time loop was created between the Philadelphia experiment and some research being done Montauk. I always thought this was one of best cases of dimensional/time travel. Hopefully this fits in with people leaving this reality and returning.

Peace,
Trustnobody

[edit on 7-4-2008 by trustnobody]

[edit on 7-4-2008 by trustnobody]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am about to get brave here. I have been having much astral travel since late in 2007. In these strange dreams I find myself with other people in strange unknown places, and have on two occassions seen people that I knew of. I also saw a woman who seemed as if she had been dropped in this place from somewhere back in the fifties. Many of these people I find myself wandering around with are frantic, frightened, sobbing and others seem as if they know what is happening and helping those that are out of control with fear.

This all started after a UFO encounter I had in September. I live in the twilight zone now just trying to figure out where I am being taken and why.
I firmly believe that many people who dissapear are entering another dimension. During one of these trips I knew that I had seen Fossett.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

So is it astral travel, or dream state? Two very different phenomenas.

Also are you saying that we should discount even looking for the lost because they are stuck somewhere in this 'zone' you speak of?

Sounds more like fantasy delusion to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Astral travel, and on more than one ocassion physical, not dreams or fanciful thinking. I am not saying that all people are disappearing into another dimension, only stating I believe some are.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

10,000,000 go missing every year? That's 30% of the US population. I can't believe that is correct. Has anyone collaborated that statement? It sounds a bit farfetched to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

All this just shows how little we know...no thanks to the government and authorities who are supposed to be responsible for the well-being of its citizens.

Before agreeing or disagreeing on the causes of the vanishings we need to ask ourselves just why the hell nobody seems to care after the police says "case unsolved, back to business".

When the government is not paying attention or doesnt care or is part of the problem (cover-up) our only choice is to roll up our sleeves and do some investigation and questioning ourselves...in the hope of finding out more.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo
10,000,000 go missing every year? That's 30% of the US population. I can't believe that is correct. Has anyone collaborated that statement? It sounds a bit farfetched to me.

We´ve been through this several times in the thread. Read up. Especially Majics post at the top of page 2 (or was it 3?).

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
This all started after a UFO encounter I had in September. I live in the twilight zone now just trying to figure out where I am being taken and why.
I firmly believe that many people who dissapear are entering another dimension. During one of these trips I knew that I had seen Fossett.

This is Bermuda-Triangle stuff. I recall lucid dreams in which I was on the verge of "going somewhere" and felt "If I go now, I wont return".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join