It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of people disappear every year

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
where have they gone, another dimension?

underground bunkers, or FEMA camps?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
its cause babylon(shadow goverment) is kidnapping them for experiments some just use secret societies in the universities to cover it up but also because they are massing a cancer mutant army that they had created from their most terrible project so far

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
With so many people disappearing and never being seen again I have an idea someone else may soon disappear at my hands...I mean these bodies have been well cvered up, so therefore it is possible to make a person disappear.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
All this time I thought my dreams were mere figments of my imagination and that my imagination was huge. I never thought that I could be exploring alternate realities. I never mentioned many of my dreams on here. Some were quite pleasant. I remember one world with a number of friendly mermaids. It does concern me when I suddenly doze off. I always thought that was a sign of not getting enough sleep. I did not know some people are reported missing after dozing off.

I remember one dream very well because it was like I woke up and realized I had to be dreaming because I wasn't on the Earth anymore. The building seemed normal but the red light outside and alien plants and alien creatures did not look normal.

If lucid dreaming could be like the ultimate holodeck experience in Star Trek and we get to explore alternate realities and times, that would be cool. Well if you visit pleasant places. Of course waking up to an alarm clock and rushing off to work takes away from the experience.

When I saw potential new bosses where I work at, I could swear one potential boss I had never seen before but it was like I already knew the guy and did not like him. I thought I had a dream where he was my boss and we did not get along that great together. In this reality, the department manager did not like him either. He wasn't considered for very long.

I know of someone who disappeared and I haven't seen her since. I thought her physical appearance suddenly changed as if one of us was in an alternate reality. Then poof, I never see her again. Well not for the last few months. I was looking forward to asking her or checking her out better to clarify if her physical appearance suddenly reversed. I remember she had a surgery to enhance her appearance last year I believe but the last time I saw her, it was like none of that ever happened. I do not know if she is missing though. I did not have her phone number but thought I knew where she worked at.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Milabs or the Franklin cover up:

whatreallyhappened.com...
possibly the movie "Soldier" for real? or possibly genetically modifying them to act as foot soldiers to take over the US would be an idea.
The Grays maybe have a diet for glandular tissue I have heard from more than one person.
Satanic sacrifice en masse?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Does the theory of falling asleep and waking up in another alternate reality say anything about the person experiencing a lot of electrical shocks or strange weather phenomena popping up occassionally?

I experienced several static electricity shocks last night. It might be just a coincidence. Hmmm, if it keeps up, I might get to shock some people.

I thought I heard thunder but the radar didn't show any rain around in the entire state of SC. Now a few minutes later, I see some near my location. Strange.
edit on 4/6/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If now the missing toll has hit around 1 billion or more, that is like 1 in 7 people worldwide have vanished (as opposed to died, etc)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

The Fred Valentich story is an excellent one really. my parents actually knew him as they went to school with him. They said it was out of character for him to just vanish like that. Then again, they weren't that close with him but it makes you wonder doesn't it!!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Back in the 1970s when you could assume the identity of someone who had died because the life of people was not computerized like it is today i had two fake identities.

Now with all the records state and federal its very hard to fake identities with SS#s and histories like birth records.

I know that one if not both of my fake identities have been reported missing by ex girlfriiends.

Now that the statute of limitations has run out i can say that the fake identities were very handy and kept my records clean.
They even kept the military police from taking me back to base once and a likely hood of a captains mast.

in the early 1980s i had to give up maintaining the two fake identities because i could no longer keep up there histories
(plus the IRS wanted back taxes)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I grew up in the Hudson Valley area, and also knew this young man, I understand other people cant possibly imagine somebody just up and vanish but growing up in the valley I can tell you it is a very active place for multiple types of paranormal occurances that get chalked up to as a "mystery". The disappearance of this young man is terrible event that I pray gets solved in one way or another but the police can only do so much and usually they take too long. My family has been looking for cousin for going on four years now... me and him were the best of friends up until the day he disappeared. He went out for run like he did every single day with his dog but this time ended up being the last. Police looked and looked for him and found nothing except the dog leash and harness in the middle of the field inside the track were he ran daily. I continue to look as much and as often as I can but nobody has ever seen him or the dog since. His name is Joshua k. Amhurst if anyone happens to stumble across a lead please feel free to contact 911 with your tip or information. The reason for all the strange activities going on in the valley can be explained but not unless people like us make the effort.

reply to: jackinthebox

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

And, of course, the Maylasian Airlines jet, and all the people on board...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Perhaps they were just "taken" to another dimension like the Reverend Robert Kirk is said to have undergone? Maybe if, as is stated in the movie Fallen, if you figure it out, it is your time to go?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss,your post touched my heart.In my country too,thousands of people go missing,never to be found again,I live in South Africa.My heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.

There is something very strange and sinister going on,on this planet.These days with better documentation of people,and vehicles like the net,we are beginning to get a better idea of the scope of this situation,but I shudder to think for how long this has been going on.
Now I know that "normal" human foul play, plays a part,eg human trafficking,maybe even scenario's like in the Hostel movies,people murdered for various reasons and their bodies disposed of, so well that they won't be found.People choosing to disappear to start a new life,including teenage runaways.Accidental death with the bodies never being found,or through lack of identification/lack of resources to trace identity and informing relatives,murderous cults,paedophilic networks,etc,etc would account for a large number of disappearances also.

But I think there is something else at play here,an as yet unidentified common denominator,a single source,that is responsible for the vast majority of the cases of mysterious disappearances and missing people.I have no proof to back this up,but this is not a court of law,so I can give my opinion,which I am entitled to-and my opinion is that the human race is being preyed upon by something mysterious and deadly.
I don't think this was ever "our world" in the first place ,contrary to popular belief.I think,like Wesley Snipes's character,Blade,said:"This world you see,is just the sugar coating on top-underneath it lies the real world" a reply to: steviep2138

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
. There's an interesting although troubling video on YouTube regarding 30,000 people missing/disappearing every year. This number doesn't include runaways, recovered murder victems, or anyone later found. It is an investigation done by retired homicide detective and now MUFON investigator Butch Witkowski. His investigation also covers several cases of human mutilation including autopsy reports and other very credible evidence.

edit on 10-4-2015 by WatchingU2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Karlhungis
reply to post by NetStorm

The article also says that of those 10,000,000 roughly 500,000 remain missing. Meaning that most of them turn up eventually. 500,000 is still a large number though, don't get me wrong.

We must have a good maths brain on here that can work out, risk probabilities like the insurance people do.
Like we know that so many people in a hundred thousand will be murdered. So many people in a hundred thousand will be abducted. So many will just die and become John Doe. If you subtract the probabilities from the "missing sample" you would have a known list of unaccountable causes.

Their have been many cases of people disappearing in front of witnesses, these are the most intriguing. Because it hints at the fact that reality, might be purely a consciousness related experience, and like the OP said, if you Lucid dream yourself out of this present dream called life, for any amount of reasons, you might lock into another environment permanently. In an infinite Universe, their must be an infinite number of probabilities.

Nature is very conservative, but on the surface the environment is very dangerous , the end of the body is guaranteed with no recourse in a myriad of different ways . But I doubt that that its the end of you. You might not even survive childbirth, and get to animate your body in the first place .But since all matter is perceived through the senses of the body, and since in reality their is no such thing as matter. Everything is just a perception , logically ordered in time to make sense, perhaps their has to be a cheat code.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Sigh...

People aren't vanishing into thin air by the millions.

There is a huge number of missing person reports filed every year and all but a tiny fraction of those people are later found.

The last time I did the math, only about 800 people in the US are still "missing without a trace" over a 10 year period.

Look into the actual figures before freaking out about a sensational statement.

Use your brain. If millions of people were vanishing without a trace every year, just about everyone would personally know somebody who disappeared and it would be HUGE news all over the media with experts trying to determine the cause.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Karlhungis
Some cases are probably due to people simply "running away". Weather it is the tradional version with a child running away or a little more elaborate of a spouse running away. Some people get tired of their lot in life and want to start over somewhere new.

I would imagine a lot of cases are criminal as well. But there is also probably a more sinister, less PC explanation for others too.

It would be very hard to disappear, IRD. numbers driving licences, birth cert. Passports, credit cards all will find you out in the end. Their must be a vast number of unreported crimes and abductions going on. Most people don't use cash anymore so they would be traceable, by their transactions.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
Their must be a vast number of unreported crimes and abductions going on.

No... no there aren't.

Look into the actual numbers. The "millions go missing" statement is a massive misinterpretation of reports.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: anonentity
Their must be a vast number of unreported crimes and abductions going on.

No... no there aren't.

Look into the actual numbers. The "millions go missing" statement is a massive misinterpretation of reports.

Of the 600061 thousand reported missing cases in 2012 all but 2027 were resolved. That's still a significant number of individuals, unaccounted for . If that's a yearly number then in ten years its over twenty thousand.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

There's an excellent series of books by David Paulides on this subject which concentrates on the USA and Canada called Missing 411. There's also plenty on Youtube about it. Here's an example www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join