It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of people disappear every year

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have looked into this, and perhaps, I have posted somewhere else in this thread. However, what I have seen leads me to conclude that only in the area of 20000 to 100000 people disappear never to be seen again, every year. These numbers would be for world wide. I may say "only", but that is still alot of people. Where do they go? I can not say.

As for the post mentioning slave labor, I doubt that. Any civilization capable of having something like that on the moon would likely have an automated work force. There is no sense in spending resources on something biological, specifically when something mechanical is much more efficiant, and using advanced materials, much less likely to break down. Then there is the account of the fact that humans under those circumstances would likely resist, if in the end there was only death, regardless of what happened.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
You should change the title of the thread. it's kinda misleading. those people don't dissapear, they go missing. dissapearing into air would be something like out of the bermuda triangle and i don't see many people dissapearing before my eyes. Yes, many people go missing, but most of the time they are just teen runaways or old people with alzeihmers getting lost.

I disagree with your point about people not disappearing into thin air. The subject of Human Spontanious Involuntary Invisibility HSII is currently under investigation by one Donna Goodhigbee. She is working towards publishing a book and producing a film on the subject. From the evidences collected by Donna Goodhigbee in my opinion it is certain that disappearing persons and objects be nothing new. It is only in our modern times that we are better equiped to even know that people and objects are infact disappearing. No doubt if the entire population were to be microchipped we would discover even greater evidence to show such phenomenon are indeed occuring.
My own theory revolves around what Albert Einstein called "The folding of the fabric of time and space". Take a sheet of paper. It is a two dimensional surface. Draw a point A and a point B. The distance between point A and point B is about three inches. Point A and point B are separated by space and it takes time to travel the three inches between them. But that is only because they exist in two dimensional space. If we introduce a third dimension we are then able to fold the paper in that third dimension. In folding the paper we join point A to point B. Then the separation between point A and point B is zero. No separation. There are people far across the cosmos in time and space separated from you. However in the higher dimensional cosmos [subconsciousness] there is no such separation that we see and experience with our mundain consciousness. In our subconsciousness we are higher dimensionality.
Is it possible that persons are disappearing by some naturally occuring TELEPORTATION process involving this "Folding of Space" phenomenon explained by Albert Einstein ?
SHIMONO

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

[edit on 24/2/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Intriguing thread, Skyfloater, but I am not convinced of any paranormal fantasy type reasonings. I am more inclined to think these disappearances are deliberate. Perhaps *they* have been thinning the herd all along.

I may have found a break in the case. Here is a story about some people---men, women, and children who were supposed to have disappeared and "accidentally" turned up in a bizarre, horrifying manner. I would suppose this is a true story since it was reported in the New York Times. It was only a few years ago. I guess no one thought it was a big deal. I don't recall hearing about it when the news was released.

....a retired navy commander, became the first Argentine military man to provide details of how the military dictatorship then in power disposed of hundreds of kidnapping and torture victims of what was known as the dirty war by dumping them, unconscious but alive, into the ocean from planes.

Mothers reported that their children had been thrown into the river alive with their feet held in buckets of cement.

"But the corpses began to wash ashore, so they decided to start dumping them in the open ocean. The church knew exactly what was going on and did nothing to stop it."

I find that last sentence very disconcerting. Why was the church aware of this? Why were these children labeled as "terrorists"? Was this meant as punishment because their families were not "co-operating" in some way? Somehow, I think the church's hands are very bloody. There's more....

...he slipped and almost fell through the portal from which he was throwing bodies, he became so distraught that he confessed his actions to a military priest, who absolved him, saying the killings "had to be done to separate the wheat from the chaff."

And finally, there is this:

He said senior military officers had told participants in the flights that the church hierarchy sanctioned the missions as "a Christian form of death."

You can read the article in its entirety here:
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Firstly, I'd like to direct everyone's attention to Clapham Wood in England. I posted a thread on the subject several years ago here.

In 1975, several reports, including some in the national press, were made of pets going missing in the area. Initially, two dogs were said to have disappeared without a trace, a third to have vanished but later reappeared suffering from an unidentified illness for which it had to be euthanised. After news of these three cases became public, other dog owners came forward claiming that their pets had experienced agitation in the woods, or had become inexplicably aggressive.

Source

Richey Edwards was the former lead singer of Manic Street Preachers who disappeared in 1995. His disappearance makes for interesting reading -

Edwards disappeared on 1 February 1995, on the day that he and James Dean Bradfield were due to fly to the U.S. on a promotional tour. In the two weeks before his disappearance, Edwards withdrew £200 a day from his bank account, which totalled £2800 by the day of the scheduled flight. He checked out of the Embassy Hotel in Bayswater Road, London at seven in the morning, and then drove to his apartment in Cardiff, Wales. In the two weeks that followed he was apparently spotted in the Newport passport office, and the Newport bus station. On 7 February, Anthony Hatherhall, a taxi driver from Newport, supposedly picked up Edwards from the King's Hotel in Newport, and drove him around the valleys, including Blackwood (Edwards’ home as a child). The passenger got off at the Severn View service station and paid the £68 fare in cash.

On 14 February, Edwards' Vauxhall Cavalier received a parking ticket at the Severn View service station and on 17 February, the vehicle was reported as abandoned. Police discovered the battery to be flat, with evidence that the car had been lived in. Due to the service station's proximity to the Severn Bridge (which has been a renowned suicide location in the past) and Edwards' depressed state at the time, it was widely believed that he took his own life by jumping from the bridge.

Source

Originally posted by Vanitas
It's almost exactly what happened to me "in" Venice...

I was berated for not having said hello to this guy who said we "met" in front of the Doge's Palace. He even described my cream fur coat (this was way before I developed a soul...) and the man who was with me (in Venice).

I haven't met anyone who looked very much like me so far... but anything is possible, I suppose.

It's the coat and the description of the man who was with "me" what puzzles me...
[edit on 8-4-2008 by Vanitas]

For some reason, reading the above brought something back to me. I spent a few days in Bratislava back in 2006, where my friends and I were staying in a university dorm in the city centre. One evening, we were wandering the long (and empty) corridors when a strange individual surfaced from a side door. He quickly snapped a photograph of me specifically, and then slipped back into the room. I'm not sure that this is related directly to this thread, but the behaviour of the individual was interesting to say the least. Did he recognise me? Who knows... If was as though he had been waiting for me to pass.

Originally posted by sylvie
Actually, after writing all this, now I really want to know:

How many of you have had something disappear basically in front of their eyes and couldn't find it again, or know of someone who had?

I may have told this story before... years ago, my parents and I owned a small Yorkshire Terrier called Lucy. She was obsessed with a particular tennis ball. When we'd had enough of playing with her for the day, we'd put the ball out of her reach on the top of a cabinet. When Lucy wanted to play with the ball, she'd approach the cabinet and look up. Anyway, there came a day where Lucy didn't look up. My mum went for the ball and it wasn't there. We searched the house high and low for it - it had literally disappeared.

A few days later however, my mum and I walked into the room to see Lucy looking up at the cabinet - low and behold, the ball had returned. Where had it been?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I may have told this story before... years ago, my parents and I owned a small Yorkshire Terrier called Lucy. She was obsessed with a particular tennis ball. When we'd had enough of playing with her for the day, we'd put the ball out of her reach on the top of a cabinet. When Lucy wanted to play with the ball, she'd approach the cabinet and look up. Anyway, there came a day where Lucy didn't look up. My mum went for the ball and it wasn't there. We searched the house high and low for it - it had literally disappeared.

This once happened with a comb I owned. I set it back on my desk in approximatly the same place everytime it is picked up. Once it just seemingly disappeared and then reappeared a few days later, in the exact spot I remember placing it. While it did not happen to disappear from in front of my eyes, it was still gone without explanation. I did suspect that someone could have taken it, but that did not make sense to me.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Very interesting subject matter. When I think of the possibilities, I often drift towards thoughts of thinking that if only someone would run the data, age sex and education level, geographic regions that there would be enough evidence to lead someone to the answer that awaits someone so inclined to investigate such a lead.

With today's sex slave industry, organ harvesting, snuff clubs, hunting clubs, Satanic worshiping cults, drug and corruption related groups, hillbilly slave wives camps, one could take a pick and probably still be wrong.

One of the thoughts of where these people are going is that the off world colonies need slave labor and well, Earth is where the cattle are. I believe many are being taken off world to work in slave colonies mining resources off world for those that know the secrets of other technologies and of other alien races spread throughout the Universe.

Just a thought and well, I doubt we will ever know but I still contend that there are clues in the data and when someone looks it will reveal clues as to what may be going on for the majority of the missing people reported each year.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
All the personal experience accounts posted here make this a very credible unsolved mystery. Thanks for the excellent contributions all

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Here's a cool one and there are others following it too. Thought I'd bump the thread as it is very intriguing.

This first account is an excellent case in point because it defies any rational explanation for one simple reason: it occurred in full view of witnesses. The year was 1815 and the location a Prussian prison at Weichselmunde. The prisoner's name was Diderici, a valet who was serving a sentence for assuming his employer's identity after he died from a stroke. It was an ordinary afternoon and Diderici was just one in a line of prisoners, all chained together, walking in the prison yard for the day's exercise.

As Diderici walked with his prison inmates to the clanking of their shackles, he slowly began to fade - literally. His body became more and more transparent until Diderici disappeared altogether, and his manacles and leg irons fell empty to the ground. He disappeared into thin air and was never seen again.

(From Among the Missing: An Anecdotal History of Missing Persons from 1800 to the Present, by Jay Robert Nash)

SOURCE

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Skyfloating....I have heard these statistics in the past and it made me ask all the same type of questions. It really boggles the mind and I've never heard of a reasonable explanation. I suppose its one reason why I'm an overprotective, as in waayy overprotective of my eleven year old. That's a vulnerable age but still, I am aware of this phenomena and it bothers me. I wish I had an answer.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I was born and raised in El Paso Texas(border with mexico ciudad juarez ). In my time there I saw many strange things. I saw UFOS on a regular, something that looked like a gremlin but years later it became known as the chupacabra and graves out in the desert and evidence of satanic or some type of rituals that involved sacrifice...(bones symbols and what nots)

women disappearing was common there. They would find corpses on the regular. shortly after I left in 97 they found a bunch graves in a ranch not too far where i used to live when I was kid.

given the graves i ran into as a kid, all the missing people and all the killing that goes on just due to the drug wars and gang activity.. i would have to say that we don't really have to look to paranormal activity to find out where our population is going. I am not saying it has nothing to do with it but I think it is not the major player here.

We are proficeint enough of killing off our population to need ET or Paranormal help. it's sad.

and those stories about people disappearing aare just stories or misconceptions.. kinda like me seeing gremlin/chupacabras and UFOS... they are just stories I have based on my experience which i cannot prove.

edit on 29-9-2011 by yaluk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There are many reasons why people disappear but I agree the rates are ultra alarming when you realise the statistics in America alone is actually 2,300 people PER DAY.

This link tells you much more.

www.trutv.com...

Apart from all the obvious scenarios that we could come up with - I often wondered if people are EATEN.
I am quite serious about the suggestion too, as I know I have often thought it however crazy it sounds.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
As soon as i saw this thread it reminded me of Soul Asylums music video Runaway train.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am curious if there are statistics available for the U.S.S.R. I can see how 500,000 might be sloppy bookkeeping in the U.S., because nobody really cares. But the Soviets probably had a system where they could lookup the current home and job of anybody, so they would know if somebody was missing. Also they would care more.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i really really want to post this and i don't care if anyone will laugh at me or ridicule me. i was six years old and i was with my mother, it was evening and we were going house to house to invite people in our church when i disappeared from my mom's hand. i don't know where i was but all i can say is that i was looking at the window of something and i can see the earth ! i was later found inside the office of our miniter in the church. from then on everytime i see space in the television i freakout, i feel like i'm floating and dizzy ! if i ever ask my mother about that evening she will shout at at me, '' NOTHING HAD HAPPEN ! '' that will be her reply. i post this because i was reading here people who disppear with out a cause, nothing provokes them, they just POOF ! gone. just like what i said i don't care if someone laughs or what ever it did happened to me but there was i might say a gift after that happened to me. may i add also i died, clinically dead o.k, three times, i got run over by a vehicle and i never have even a scratch, this was in front of my mom and some relatives but then again my mom will shut me up if i brought it up. thank you !

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

Thanks for the fact check.

I couldn't believe that 500,000 people simply disappeared each year.

I think that many of the children that disappear are during custody disputes.

I do think that some adults plan and then disappear for a variety of reasons.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

This missing persons phenomenon was introduced to me years ago when I was told about the 80,000 per year missing without trace in the UK. I was doubtful since 80,000 per year does sound huge. However, the figure is so authentic that the police refuse to comment, because they are at a loss as to what is going on too. Although mundain explanations can be trumped up to account for such missing persons nevertheless my investigation lead me into various paranormal explanations. We are all migrating into "Heaven" or into "Hell". We cannot remain in this middle ground called "purgatory" for any long spell of time without psychically shifting one way or the other. Thus in my comprehension what we are experiencing is that as we move in one direction to the exclusion of the other, therefore those who are moving in the other direction are becoming not just invisible, but actually no longer existent in our material reality. They are no longer in our material reality and we are no longer in their material reality. I advise you to see the movie THE FOURTH KIND where in we are told about such a phenomenon that occurred in Alaska. The movie is a documentary dramatisation of the events of that year in 2000. I recommend that you read the research of the following writer. Donna Higbee

On two occassions in my life I have watched woman talking to an invisible companion. It was obvious to me that although the woman was talking to a flesh and blood, skin and bones, hairs and teeth real friend, nevertheless I was completely unable to see or hear or touch her invisible companion. I myself have such invisible friends. No one else can see them or hear them, but to me they are as real as real can be real, such that if they were to hit me they would inflict injury that you would see on my body. I suspect that people walk into other dimensions without even knowing it. People talk to ghosts without even knowing it. So real are their experiences.

The law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM (tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the one absolute. The One True God. Her names are many but she be the one true God there be no other God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La Deus Nostra, Notre Dame, Our Lady, The Holy Spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving Her Holiness Above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to Her Holiness Above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception [parthenogenesis] reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright NGL(c)2000.

He who trusts in violence to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 25/12/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thebox

As regard to things disappearing. I had books that I bought. One comes to mind in partricular, but this is not just about one book. Several actually. Books that were unique. One was a pink covered paper back with nothing printed or even written on it. Strange. The lady at the counter said that it was not one of theirs and that if I wanted it I could take it for free. Some one must have left it there. It was about covert Mars Landings and a Mars Base set up by NASA and JPL during the APOLLO missions in the 1970's. Another book was even less of an official publication since it was obviously something thrown together using a photocopier. Both these book just disappeared as if they had never even existed. Yet I live alone here. How can such things just disappear like that. Especially since I was so in love with them at the time. I have always thought it to be very peculiar.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 25/12/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don't know about things or people disappearing, but one experience that I've never talked about before and has me puzzled to this day involves my mother and I suddenly being displaced by several feet. I was young and still living at home and arguing with my mom. It was pretty heated and I said I was leaving to cool off. I put my hand on the doorknob and my mom came at me to stop me. She just reached my arm and there was kind of a whoosh noise and my sight was totally gone for an instant and next thing I know, I'm standing in the hallway nearer to my bedroom and my mom is clinging to my arm looking a bit shocked, herself. I collected my wits and said "Well then, I guess I'll be in my room instead" and there I went, trying to figure out what the devil had happened. The argument was at that point, entirely forgotten.

My mom and I discussed it later and had no clue. She just quipped that I'd better not make her mad again or there was no telling where we could end up next.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I was thinking about this in the context of supposed underground bases.

If you are to assume that underground bases are built for the somewhat grim purpose of an insurance policy for humanity, they would be of little use unless they have been tested as operational and viable, and are in fact ready for use.

This does not mean that at some point large groups of people are shoved underground with canned food and water, and hope for the best - this would never work practically, as in times of crisis people panic, and in the event of a meteor strike, global pandemic or some other catastrophe, there may be no time.

With that in mind, if such facilities exist for the noble purpurse of preserving humanity (despite how sinister some people attempt to make it sound), they are probably already populated and are self sufficient - or are in the process of becoming so.

I am not suggesting that underground prisons exist where slaves are doing the bidding of dark overlords intent on the secret overthrow of all we hold dear, rather that people have been recruited and offered a new life with a one way ticket for the purpose of preserving mankind.

These people may not even be living conventional lives - they may be in effect frozen in suspended animation (or simply in a medically induced coma)

They may be working in communities, conducting research, growing food hydroponically, raising families and attempting to keep thier various cultures history alive, waiting for the day when they hear they are in fact the only ones left.

If I was personally offered that sort of opportunity, I may consider doing it, even if it did mean never seeing the sun again .

If you were going to design a program like this there would obviously need to be a large cross section of different races and diversity to ensure genetic problems don't occur, and you would need to do it in many self contained locations. This would necessitate large amounts of people.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I need to check these numbers out

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join