It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of people disappear every year

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Let's face the aliens aren't just snatching cows and mutilating them. It's all part of the secret deal between the aliens and those hiding the facts from us.
Kind of like those guys on the X-files that were in league with the aliens, trying to save their own hides. They get technology in exchange for covering it up.
After all the last thing the aliens want is a war, it would defeat their agenda.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Let's face the aliens aren't just snatching cows and mutilating them.

Well, there aren't any mysterious cattle mutilations in Europe - not as far as I know, and I do move around quite a bit - and yet there are, and have been, people disappearing here, too.
(And no, not all, or even most, of them are captive in basements...
)

There must be something else going on.
What, is impossible to determine because every single case is different.
But while most probably have a mundane (more or less depressing) explanation, some are not as easily explained.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by NetStorm

Something similar happened to me last week. I was scheduled to do a presentation somewhere and I had forgotten the cable that links my notebook to the video-projector. Feeling uneasy I said to the organizer: "Do you have a spare cable by any chance?" And he said: "No, but maybe yours will pop up". I kept feeling uneasy about it. "Is there a shop around where I can buy the cable?" but he kept insisting, with magical self-confidence "who knows, maybe it´ll pop up". And then I noticed that it lie right on the table, right in front of my eyes "the whole time". "Oh there it is!". The possibility of him playing a trick on me and placing it there is ruled out because during the whole time I was actually at that table.

Weirdness abounds.

I don't think anything sinister happened here. Happens to me all the time. You simply didn't see it in front of you. Your brain sometimes doesn't see what is right in front of your eyes. My girlfriend has pointed out stuff I am looking for so many times right in front of me. That's why he was so sure it would turn up. He could see it there right in front of you

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

How many children are reported missing each year?

The U.S. Department of Justice reports

* 797,500 children (younger than 18) were reported missing in a one-year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.
* 203,900 children were the victims of family abductions.
* 58,200 children were the victims of non-family abductions.
* 115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. (These crimes involve someone the child does not know or someone of slight acquaintance, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.)

This leaves 535,285 children MISSING WHO were never recovered, each year.

www.missingkids.com...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sarcastic

ok , if you are going to ` quote ` a website , please do not add your own " facts " too it - that is dishonest

where did you get this alarmist lie from any way ?

This leaves 535,285 children MISSING WHO were never recovered, each year.

it certainly was not from the webite

because as all stats show - the vast majority of ` missing persons ` reported - turn up safe and well within a very short time

having been either genuiniely lost , having runaway after an argument etc etc

there are a number of missing pesons that disapear and are never found - but the number is very low - its still alarming - but if you really want to highlight the problem - publish the real statistic , not some inflated lie

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The number of "missing" people has bothered me for a number of years. I wrote to the office of national statistics in the UK to see what data they had on "missing " persons. I Was looking for common threads,age,race,geographic location,sex etc. Surprisingly they said they had no data which I find hard to believe. Upon further investigation I discovered 250,000 people a year! go missing in the UK alone, now allowing for those that are murdered, decide to go off grid, homeless, etc thats still a lot of missing people. My research found that approximately 6% each year simply "vanish" without trace, interestingly this figure of 6% is the same in the USA,Canada etc, it makes you think is there something going on....???

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemy
My research found that approximately 6% each year simply "vanish" without trace, interestingly this figure of 6% is the same in the USA,Canada etc, it makes you think is there something going on....???

There certainly is something going on but once again the authorities dont tell us why...probably because they dont have a clue and have to pretend they do.

Doesnt have to be sinister though. Could also have something to do with dimensional-jumps.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
this is just food for thought, but given the numbers world wide, seems like we may be the food source. hmm... what is below us, and what about that 10th planet that has been denied for ever, but now the truth has been given to the world, only because they cant hide it anymore. i quess thinking that these people just went to another demension is better than having the thoughts of being eaten alive. that would be horrible wouldnt it. think that is bad few more years when that planet shows up, we aint seen nothing yet. its going to be....really.....hell on earth.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
A good friend I had known for years and been to his house 1000’s of times just disappeared. His whole family and even his house disappeared. Just a vacant lot where his house was the day before. His next door neighbor and best friend tells me he has never heard of him and there has never been a house there. He goes on to tell me that he does not know me and has never seen me and I was the one who rewired his house 6 months before. No trace of my friend has ever showed up and I am the only one who remembers him it seems.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The cases in which people disappear literally in front of someone's eyes, or a wife wakes up in a motel to find that her husband is missing from the bed, but nothing else is, not even his clothes or wallet, or the man whose wife disappeared out of the passenger seat of the car from one second to the next, apparently without the door having been opened, these are the type that intrigue me.

I do think it is possible that some of these people have fallen into somewhere else and are unable to return. Perhaps the somewhere else has a toxic atmosphere, or predators, or perhaps the "portal" isn't "open" from the other side. Or perhaps it's not in the same place. The portal which is at ground level in this reality might be 10 feet off the ground at the other "end." Who knows?

Do people fall through into our reality as well? Perhaps, but as Sylvie said I think that perhaps the beings who do so are not what we would perceive as people. Mothman, the Dover Demon, the Flatwoods Monster, the Jersey Devil, and other "unique" monsters and cryptids may have fallen through into our dimension and not be able to get back. Other cryptids such as Nessie who appear periodically in the same area may pass back and forth through a portal that is stationary and permanent, or reappears in the same place at certain times.

Interdimensional portals, whether natural and accidental or deliberate, have long been a pet theory of mine which can explain an overwhelming majority of paranormal phenomena including cryptids, UFOs, alien sightings, some ghosts, shadow people, ABC's and other alien animals, and etc.

Perhaps the great majority of human disappearances have conventional explanations such as crime, runaways, and death by misadventure, but if there are even a few cases that simply can not be explained by conventional science and reality, we still have a mystery.

As I've heard somewhere, only one white crow is needed to prove that not all crows are black.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I was watching a UFO special when I decided to inquire about people missing in the US and stumbled upon this tread. It would be interesting to know more about these people who have "gone missing (500,000). Also, although one would think that it is difficult to disappearin todays high tech world, it is actually simple. I have been an investigator for the past 32 years and can tell you that it really does not take much effort; you just have to live "outside the box." No credit, no police contact, working for cash, no utilities in your name, trac phones, no contact with anyone from your past, living somewhere not thought of by someone who may be looking for you. Today we see America's Most Wanted, which covers high profile people who have commited some horrific crime. The average person never gets involved in this activity and therefore never receives the press coverage. Just look at every person you walk past on a daily basis, do you know who these people are? If the person who has gone missing is not wanted, a missing persons file may be opened but is rarely a priority of police unless foul play is suspected. I do find this number (500,000) shocking and truly believe there is something more sinister involved. It is also my belief that we are getting very close to finding out the truth....

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
A group of 150 people disappear within a minute

Yes, I know the source may not be reliable...save your comments on that...but its interesting nevertheless.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Vanishing People

BUMP
Wonderful thread Skyfloating,

was just going to one of the same...

These are interesting :

The Great Vanishing Mystery

Not just People, villages with buildings, personal accounts lakes etc.

Strange Holes Appearing Out Of No Where

Circular tubes of the Earth just vanishing

8 Tonnes of Olives!

Very weird that, good solid source and some strange things about it, overnight to no trace... from the trees themselves.

Just bumped this thread:

Whole Town Abducted

Canada Eskimos apparently the Graves were emptied to, not much on the thread but if you look on the net could be a cover up...

seems like a very very early UFO abduction link, if such a thing as abduction does exist, hey six million americans cant be wrong can they???

mmm dunno Iraq lol and bush the second time back in....

However
This for me is the most interesting of all Human Vanishings:

an entire regiment of British troops which it has been claimed were spirited away by a "mysterious cloud" from the middle of one of the fiercest battles of the Gallipoli campaign in 1915.

Even today questions and queries about the "mysterious disappearance" of the soldiers are frequently encountered on Internet newsgroup discussions dedicated to UFOs and alien abductions. Few of the questioners appear to be aware that the fate of the soldiers was the subject of a Government investigation that involved a real cover-up, not of alien visitations but of a wartime atrocity.

The link between the disappearance of the soldiers and UFOs emerged not - as many believe - during the war itself but in 1965, on the fiftieth anniversary of the Allied assault on the Gallipoli Peninsula. It was during a reunion of veterans who took part in the campaign that three former sappers from the New Zealand Expeditionary Force described a "strange incident" they observed during the most severe fighting at Suvla Bay. Also in attendance was a UFOlogist, Gordon Tuckey, who felt the story was so interesting it should be recorded for posterity.

Dr David clarke

Another very very good source for the information as originally laid down and not changed is to be found here:
The Regimental History of the 1/5th Norfolks

Now as well as the weirdness they all seemed to have served in Sandringham Palace to British royalty before the war....

mmm... Icke get your Lizard glasses on eh...

I found this as well which is very strange indeed!!

In the 1550s, in the French town of Artigues, Martin Guerre left his wife and young son one morning, walking in the direction of his father's farm. He disappeared without a trace. Eight years later, he returned and was welcomed by his wife, his four sisters, and his uncle Peter. His father had died. Martin resumed married life and fathered two more children. Three years later, another Martin Guerre turned up, a soldier with a wooden leg who had served in the Flanders war.

The first Martin was arrested for impersonation, and even Uncle Peter changed his mind and said he was an impostor. At the trial, 150 witnesses were examined, and their evidence was conflicting. Martin's brothers took the side of the arrested man, who presented his case convincingly. Eventually Martin's wife changed her mind and said the man with the wooden leg was the real Martin. The other was imprisoned and executed.

Answers.com

Mmm this is and does happen and I think is something else besides any alleged UFO abductions, which may and seem to be happening to, something else is going on here, that could lead us closer to the truth of life and indeed the universe itself.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by banyan

I think they're in Alaska.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I have spent a great deal of time reading this thread and have found it very interesting. It reminded me of an article at a website that is now defunct. If you chose to believe the story, The Center For Missing and Exploited Children is perhaps sinister in true purpose.

www.informantnews.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Interesting post.

Surprising with the number of people that go missing each year there isn't that much on the net about it. Almost like it's being kept quiet.

Yes some people just up and run away or are murdered etc but that still leaves millions unaccounted for.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Awesome sources and stories you gathered there. Especially the guy dissappearing into a parallel universe and both returning...one being imprisoned for impersonation.

Some evidence for the case that not all dissappearances are of the crime-type but rather of the paranormal type.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by VicSage

The organization reporting missing children as part of the cover-up? What a spooky account.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I am of the opinion that many thousands of things happen to these people.

I think the vast majority leave their lives, unhappy with how things are. They either make a new life somewhere else, or they end their lives in obscure places, when their body is found they are probably not matched with a report of a missing person from another area.

I think there are probably serial killers out there also, ones we've not caught on to for many years and who are so good at their task.

Then there's the adventurer who stumbles toward a cliff and the ground gives way. Another who walks too far into the forest and becomes lost forever. Another who finds a cave and gets for too deep to be able to find their way back.

I read a story once about a farmer. He was out on his land, his wife took a phone call and stepped out onto the porch to call him. She could see him in the distance in a field, and called out to him. He waved and started walking back to the house, then he simply vanished.

She blinked or looked away for a moment and he was gone.

Authorities searched the fields.
They assumed that he could have fallen into a mine (I forget where this was but old mines were present in the area) but they never found him, nor did they find any disturbance or hole in the ground where he vanished.

There are certainly many cases that defy all reason or explanation, but I am convinced that the vast majority can be attributed to murder, kidnapping, accident, running away, mental illness etc.

Still, even if 1% are extremely mysterious, there are reasons to investigate and consider previously unknown phenomena.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join