It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does NAMBLA always pop up?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Monogamy is singular. Polygamy is plural. I think that having more than one husband,not just wives would be considered polygamy.
Sure womens rights and black rights are the same thing. They didnt have them at one time and they wanted to be treated like everyone else.
Who knows for sure if being gay is born or learned, but does it really matter.(you might know...ha,ha,)

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by ashley]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Who knows for sure if being gay is born or learned

homosexuality has been observed in over 450 species of animals in the wild and in captivity and throughout the history of mankind, i'd call that a pretty natural phenomenon.

maybe it's a natural form of population control? i don't think it'll ever be the norm, nor is it meant to be, but it is a reality and it's not ever going to go away so why discriminate?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
Monogamy is singular. Polygamy is plural. I think that having more than one husband,not just wives would be considered polygamy.

You're right, just looked it up again. I stand corrected.

Sure womens rights and black rights are the same thing. They didnt have them at one time and they wanted to be treated like everyone else.

Yes, I said that women's rights and black's rights (them being alike) are unlike gay rights. One, they have all the other rights and have always had them. And two, it is seen in some circles as a lifestyle, which is vastly different than skin color or sex.

Who knows for sure if being gay is born or learned, but does it really matter.

It does matter. If it is not a born into thing, then it weakens the arguement.

(you might know...ha,ha,)

What's this mean anyway?

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by ashley]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by enomus

homosexuality has been observed in over 450 species of animals in the wild and in captivity and throughout the history of mankind, i'd call that a pretty natural phenomenon.

Are you seriously going to compair cognizant thinking gay people to animals, many of whom also hump trees, sofas, and other inanimate objects?

maybe it's a natural form of population control? i don't think it'll ever be the norm, nor is it meant to be, but it is a reality and it's not ever going to go away so why discriminate?

Here I agree with you. I never said not to give them recognition.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
you don't think the fact that it's been observed in over 450 species and through-out the history of mankind makes it a natural phenomenon?

and even if you ignore those facts and decide it is a choice or a learned behavior, shouldnt grow adults still be able to make that choice?

i'm not a homosexual but i have family and friends that are, homosexuals are doctors and lawyers and teachers and judges, i just can't imagine why a rational person would have a problem with them getting married.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Wasn't there a time when Protestants and Catholics weren't allowed to be married? Or when a black person and a white person weren't allowed to be married?

With that being said, I still disagree with gay marriage. Churches will not perform it. A Civil Union (Which is pretty much Gay Lite) is probably the best thing the homosexual population will ever get.

Oh, just to keep to the topic, people bring up NAMBLA just to make the other side of the argument look like fools. Face it folks, pedophilia is a crime. You could also make the argument of why should we keep straight marriage? After all, there are millions of guys and gals sexual abusing little kids.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What if...we disconnected marriage and the state? What if we left marriage and all its forms to its respective religions and instituted civil unions all around? The religious could still wed and keep their union symbolically holy and civil unions could take care of the legal side of things.

That way, we could get this whole gay thing behind us and let those who still aren't satisfied move right on down the deviant slope to something more immoral and we'll already have a precedent and a stage set for the time when NAMBLA and other orgs like them march for their rights to do what ever it is they do.

Pretty picture ain't it?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Astro, why should we keep straight marriage if there are straight pedophiles out there who might like to marry an 8 year old? The NAMBLA argument is lame and fallacious.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What if...we disconnected marriage and the state? What if we left marriage and all its forms to its respective religions and instituted civil unions all around? The religious could still wed and keep their union symbolically holy and civil unions could take care of the legal side of things.

what if...we just stopped using religion to control other people's lives and just let gay people get married? what if...we stuck to the topic at hand, gay marriage between two adults, and stopped trying to equate it with child molestation?

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by enomus]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yeah but NAMBLA is really just a bunch of mentally disabled perverts who think having sex and or raping a minor is ok. The fact that minors ar at risk becuase of NAMBLA is a big issue. they are like a sexual terrorist orginazation in a sense.

As for pedophile priest, while I am a Catholic I feel that they were being protected by the Dioceses that they were in and that was wrong. They should've been fined, defrocked and arrested in the same day.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You know what I'm sick of? Religious Eunuchs constantly pulling the Catholic Church into child sex accusations while trying to prove a point.

Indeed. I am not a relegious person myself, but this actually pisses me off. The priests who commit crimes like these should pay for their crimes, just like everyone else... but it's wrong to use it in discussions, as an argument against relegion or the catholic church. There are sick people everywhere.

I agree with the thread though, hehe. NAMBLA seems to pop up everywhere. I think it was brought up in a discussion about PETA also. "Peta is just a bunch of extremists hiding behind a political agenda... just like those NAMBLA freaks" or something like that, hehe.

Almost everyone agrees that NAMBLA is a bunch of #heads, so it's an efficient tool when you don't have any real arguments.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

what if...we just stopped using religion to control other people's lives and just let gay people get married? what if...we stuck to the topic at hand, gay marriage between two adults, and stopped trying to equate it with child molestation?

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by enomus]

Actually I think the topic of this thread is NAMBLA. Let me look again..

Yep, even in the title.

What if..we make sure that our head isn't up our own ass before attacking someone else's opinion? Hmmm?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Actually I think the topic of this thread is NAMBLA.

touchy touchy, don't get upset with me because your opinion lacks any real substance beside blind religious based hate.

and actually, for the mentally challenged, the topic at hand is why is NAMBLA used as an argument against gay adults from getting married. i think you've done a smashing job of proving the NAMBLA retards have no real argument. carry on, sir.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

If a guy wants more than ONE wife, it should be mandatory to have a psyche evaluation..

I agree 100%......LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Actually I think the topic of this thread is NAMBLA.

touchy touchy, don't get upset with me because your opinion lacks any real substance beside blind religious based hate.

and actually, for the mentally challenged, the topic at hand is why is NAMBLA used as an argument against gay adults from getting married. i think you've done a smashing job of proving the NAMBLA retards have no real argument. carry on, sir.

Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by astrocreep]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
i'll go out to my ledge if you crawl back under your rock, deal?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Astro, why should we keep straight marriage if there are straight pedophiles out there who might like to marry an 8 year old? The NAMBLA argument is lame and fallacious.

Good luck I have brought this up a hundred times in several different threads an NOBODY has given an answer for it.

Maybe because there isnt one?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

i'll go out to my ledge if you crawl back under your rock, deal?

As an avid sphelunker, I say you have a deal!
Watch that first step, there.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Good luck I have brought this up a hundred times in several different threads an NOBODY has given an answer for it.

Maybe because there isnt one?

There is no such thing as a straight pedophile. Deviance is deviance regardless of the level to which an individual has fallen. There, I know its not what you want to hear and I know you all dare people to tell it like it is so ready the label maker..you may want to put fresh batteries in it. Fire away!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Anal Cvnt wrote a song called "I sent Pictures of your Son to NAMBLA"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join