It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does NAMBLA always pop up?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ok, talking about gay marriges on this forum, NAMBLA is used as an aguement against it. An older topic on the religon forum, NAMBLA again is used for an arguement. Another one, religon forum, again NAMBLA pops up. WHY!?! Gay marrige is two consenting adults, NAMBLA is a 40 year old raping a 6 year old, or the catholic church. I am sick and tired of NAMBLA being used when it has nothing to do with the rights of two adults who wish to make the ultimate commitment.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
HOLY SH1T!!! I just typed NAMBLA into a search engine and I had no idea that there was such a thing that is made so public. Sick, sick world!

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Another one, religon forum, again NAMBLA pops up. WHY!

It is people grabbing at straws to stop something that they themselves do not agree with but cannot come up with a real arguement against.IMO.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You know what I'm sick of? Religious Eunuchs constantly pulling the Catholic Church into child sex accusations while trying to prove a point.

Don't be a bigot

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It comes up due to parental rights concerns.

It comes up because they too claim discrimination due to ageism.

Polygamy comes up often, why aren't you complaining about that?

Their point is, is where do we draw the line?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Haha, did anyone ever seen that one South Park episode about NAMBLA? Oh...good times.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
You know what I'm sick of? Religious Eunuchs constantly pulling the Catholic Church into child sex accusations while trying to prove a point.

Don't be a bigot

It's hard not to:

according to CNN
4,500 priests had been accused of sexually abusing 11,000 children around the nation in the past 50 years.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have to agree with you Venus.

I think the Catholic church should have to endure a rigorous investigation due to the pedophilia charges.

The fathers should be tried for their crimes.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Haha, did anyone ever seen that one South Park episode about NAMBLA? Oh...good times.

Yep, and that's why it pops up...because it's funny, and proves a point, all at the same time...

Seriously though, what did the North American Marlon Brando Look-Alikes ever do to anybody???

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Gazrok, Hahahahahahaha!!!!!! Good one, I remember that episode.

Next. Polygamy? I see nothing wrong with it. If a guy wants to marry more than one woman, and the women agree to it, what so bad about it?

Next. The catholic church, yeah, they made 100 billion dollars, in profit, in one year. They got sued for less than 1 billion by about a couple dozen families, and they say bankrupt so they can't be sued anymore.

Next. Draw the line. Ok, the line is where you go from two adults making love to a 40 year old raping a 6 year old. I say there is a very large line.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Next. Polygamy? I see nothing wrong with it. If a guy wants to marry more than one woman, and the women agree to it, what so bad about it?

If a guy wants more than ONE wife, it should be mandatory to have a psyche evaluation....

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
These are all examples of further down the line to a socially corrupt country.

EXAMPLES!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
How does polygamy feed into this?

The priests should be charged for their crimes, but the issue has exploded into an atheist witchhunt against religion.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
How is marrying more than one woman/man social decline? How is marrying the man of your dreams, even if you a man, social decline? If anything refusing people the same rights others have is social decline, sying this part of society is not as good as the rest, so they don't get the rights the rest do.

Atheist? Ok, so just Atheists are after child molestors? I'm sure Jews, Lutherns, Methodists, so forth don't try to stop child molestors.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have nothing against homosexuals, and believe I said earlier that I hoped that those responsible should be punished.

I should make this broader, I feel is it wrong to blame Catholicism as a whole for the actions of a few.

Funny how you rarely see any news about the importation of child prostitutes into Israel.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
These are all examples of further down the line to a socially corrupt country.

EXAMPLES!!!

how is two gay people getting married leading us down the road to social corruption?

if your main reasoning against homosexuals is religious, even if i don't agree, i can respect that...but can you give me any other good reason why two legal adults that love each other and want to get married shouldn't be allowed to? this is the land of the free and all that jazz...

and for the ultra-paranoid, there is a clear line already established in this country that says grown men can't have sex with little boys or little girls and i don't think that's going to change anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My views do stem from religion, but that is not an issue since I do not use them for political debate with mixed company due to the fact that people who are stanch objectors will just try to shoot holes in the religion and bash that as opposed to the arguement.

But anyway. As to the "social decline" I speak of.

"Rights" are given and limited by the government. That is their function.

Would it be sufficiant to say that if marriage was redefined that it could be again?

Could two men and two women get married into a four person marriage some day?

Yes. There has to be a line drawn somewhere or there will be no line at all. All of this just paves the way. Try to look beyond the end of your noses and see to the future.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Marriage was defined at one time,and with that logic it never should of been because next two people of the same sex would want to marry.
At one time women couldnt vote, should they have not recieved voting rights because next they would want to drive and then get a job and.....whats next.
The four person marriage is called polygamy and that is a different subject.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by ashley]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
don't avoid the question!

besides religion, is there any good reason why two gay people shouldn't be allowed to get married?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Polygamy is having many wives. Having 4 people (two men and two women) being married is not termed I don't think.

Again, women voting, black's rights and the like are not even the same thing.

It all comes down to the fact that champions for gay marriage think (mostly) that being gay is a born thing.

People against it do not. They see it as a chosen behavior or lifestyle.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join