It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think Ive seen a ufo??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Hey there!Im a newbie,not really experienced with all this stuff but I think I saw a ufo the other night on the 02/04/08 at approximately 20:24pm. (Im reading the date and time off a text message I sent straight after seeing it).
I was walking my dogs with my mum,who saw it too, in the countryside. At first I thought it was just a really bright star until I saw that it was moving. There was an aircraft nearby this thing.and although we could hear the aircraft,this thing was silent and a hell of a lot faster although it travelled at a steady pace. I dont think it was a blimp,as it travelled a hell of alot faster than the aircraft and I dont think it was a shooting star or comet/meteorite because it didnt have a tail. It was just identical to any normal star except it was bigger and brighter with a glow. We carried on watching it until it eventually went beyond sight into clouds.

Has anybody seen anything similar?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm sure someone will be along soon to post the link you need to check if it was a sattelite(I would post it,but I don't know it) Maybe report it to www.mufon.com with a brief explanation. maybe someone else saw it too

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Sounds like you saw the ISS or something similar!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Not to sully your sighting, but offering devils advocate view:

Could have been a satellite or the ISS
Could have been another higher altitude aircraft
Could have been a lower flying aircraft (How do you know which one you heard)
Could have been a meteorite streaking across and being lit up

Just some thoughts, what ya think?
What does your mom think it was.?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Whats the ISS? Do satellites move that fast? I have no idea what altitude it was at,it must have been high because I couldnt see any detail, wheras the plane near it was obviously a plane (you could see the shape,the undercarriage lights and fumes flowing behind it) What Im saying is that if this thing was at a higher altitude it was still bigger than the size of the plane which I could clearly make out, the noise I heard just sounded like a plane.
As for being a meteorite,dont they glow red as they enter the atmosphere?And have tails like comets and shooting stars? Also the shooting stars and comets Ive seen havent moved as steadily,this thing had controlled movements,it was going accross,not downwards as comets and other stuff usually do as they enter earth.

My mum is the biggest sceptic I'll ever know,shes very much down to earth and level headed,but even she couldnt find a possible explantion, and later said she had seen similar things before but not thought anything of it.

Who knows,maybe it was just a natural phenomenon, or some kind of aircraft,I just thought it was cool because it was unlike anything ive ever seen before.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is interesting. Too bad you couldn't get pictures. What color was the object?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
ISS-International Space Station

It tends to light up or 'flare' depending on location and angle and weather.

It may well be an unexplained or unidentified flying object as well just wanted to offer those other explanations for you to think on.

The Iridium satellite also tends to 'flare' spectacularly as well. Check out the video, would you know what this was if you saw it in the night sky-would your mom? It moves FAST and in this case flares very brightly. Also it does not need to flare for it to light up, as can be seen before and after the short flare.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I know gutting!Next time Im out I will carry my camera phone with me! That satellite on the video was sort of the same thing,only the thing I seen was a bit more yellowy in colour and not a perfect circle shape,it had the twinkling effect like a star,you couldnt just see a circular shape.

new topics

top topics

join