It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

one small glitch! (Timezone Settings Bug)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I say it's a conspiracy,

a conspiracy designed to ensure that only the best posters have the earlier timezones, thereby automatically beating other posters to the punch with the best news stories

Just kidding - it is a little annoying, but a minor irritant in the great scheme of things.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This has been a glitch in the ATS board as far as I can remember. Sent a u2u to William about this earlier. GMT +1 normally ends up as GMT +4. The given GMT time is also far off being right. May have to do with me using 24 hour clock. Don't know. Check that all tags are closed in the script.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I can't believe I missed one of these threads. I've replied to four of these five threads already. Trying once more to explain this by using different wording. If you're confused, please see my alternate explainations in the other threads.

The time you see in the most currently submitted post, is the time that is set in your ATS settings. If that post matches your local time (+/- a few minutes), it means you've got the timezone set correctly. When you go to your ATS member center settings, it may say that you're in Abu Dabi, Moscow or whatever (some wrong place). But it's only an illusion. It doesn't set that timezone unless you hit the "submit" button.

So, whenever you're making any changes in your ATS settings, always check that the timezone is set correctly before hitting "submit". If you forgot to do that, go back and set the timezone and then hit "submit" again. And then just ignore it when it says that you're in the "wrong timezone" afterwards.

Check recent posts. If the last post's time is matching your current local time, your timezone is correct.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

As far as I know it's been with us for a very long time. It's been here when I arrived, and from the legends told from one member to the next I've heard that it's been here since the beginning of time. Here's some proof of its early existence:
Many Moons Ago

Also
here
or even here
perhaps here
or maybe here

And here, only a month ago...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Finally i have this glitch sorted out in the end i just kept choosing different time zones till i found the one that worked and after a bit of trial and error it is sorted.
Thanks heaps hellmutt for pointing out the use of the recent posts section to find the timezone that best suites me.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Thank you, that has helped me too

I think i have a bit of an OCD about time, all my watches and clocks have to be right

top topics

<< 1   >>

join