It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Bigfoot footage: Sequoia National Forest 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This has got to be my favorite footage, Forgive me if its been posted before. I searched and found nothing. Enjoy

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Good footage, but the way he jumps in the beginning screams unbalanced to me.. I would expect a forest roaming bigfoot to be a bit more agile.

Also, even though the lighting is great, there is quite a peticular miss of light on his face.. :/

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I've never seen that clip before...It is interesting.

Can't say for certain whether I think it is an actual sasquatch or not, as it's in tree cover much of the time. But the arms sort of look elongated, and as it's jumping down the hill, the way it throws its arm up in the air almost looks like something an orangutan would do.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This is great footage. Is there more of a back-story behind this?
Where was this filmed?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Pretty cool.

It's cool when he jumps over that tree. But then again, I could do that too. I think maybe he runs a bit stereotypic. Hands down against his hips.

I dont' know! One of the best bigfoot fottages I've seen so far, but could be fake! I'm not convinced.

That's the thing about video. It has to something REALLY special for us all to believe it! But I believe in the Bigfoot, though.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
My god! Me and my fast writing!
.....It has to BE something REALLY special....

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This guy is a hiker and a photographer he has some more footage of the same creature, the fact that he had more footage made me a little skeptical, BUT the other footage the arms are EXTREMELY long and they work, you can also see some muscle movement under the hair. it looks very genuine to me. The rest of his videos are about hiking and biking.
Here is the other footage.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don't know, the 'bigfoot' seems ok in the first video, but I have run through the woods scared for my life before. That guy is not running anything near as similar, for one when he tries to regain his balance; if he were truly scared and running he wouldn't have even noticed he was loosing his footing.

Also as he gets closer his arms shake rather loosely, almost as if he is slowing down as he gets past the camera, if he were truly running scared like he tries to act I don't think he would slow down at all.

Though of course I could be entirely wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Everybody acts differently in scary situations. Some run, some are calm and some choose to fight. You cant base it on his actions alone, i thought he seemed quite scared

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I know, if he'd chosen to stop and stare I wouldn't have questioned it for a second, I don't think the cameraman not running puts it off.

But that man made it appear as if he was truly scared and running, but he didn't act as if he was truly scared and running. most people act very similar when they kick into that mode I was with another person when I was running. I have also tried to fake the running with other people for 'mini films' and his style of acting appears more as the acting by me and friends.

As I said I could be wrong but that is my definite gut reaction.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by umbr45]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
one thing I know is human movement (teaching martial arts and sports almost all my life), this thing if it was that big would move a lot faster and not as clumsy. it honestly looks like a human running around in a suit. Not like it looks like a suit but the way it moves, moves in a very restricted human type movements, especially when he jumps, something that big with that much muscle shouldnt jump like an old lady and the thing even kinda looses its footing for a moment, to believe these videos you gotta be really gullible, look at the second video the arms are jiggling like theres no bones in em sign to me of a monkey suit, and the way it runs in the second video, looks like restricted human movement due to the suit, it should be taking long strong strides being that big and muscular. And if it walks up right the arms should sway back and forth for balance and there just jiggling...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 23Eulogy23

I agree..that this bit of film from the Sequoia National Forest is about one of the most authentic bits I've seen since the Patterson film. The animal takes the side of the mountain like a champ; something you would never see a human able to do.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
But the arms sort of look elongated, and as it's jumping down the hill, the way it throws its arm up in the air almost looks like something an orangutan would do.

The coloring is the same as an orangutan as well. That is the first thing I thought of when I saw this.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
here's the vid with a description of the hike

www.leechvideo.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Sequoia Nat'l Park is heavily traveled by tourists and hardcore hikers every week of the year. Certainly, if there was a sasquatch (family) on the trails there would be more evidence.

Personally, IMHO, it sticks of a hoax!

Here's what we know about the author, ParisRoubaix.

hmmmmm. intersting that he is an editor and producer of vids.

Here is a great example of the availability of video camera and a "bigfoot" suit.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Indeed. The video has been discussed here. Although the video has not been proved a hoax or fake, the facts remain the same...

Shawn Bannon works for a production company called Studio Drome.
There are more "Bigfoot" pictures on their site here which are unrelated to the video - although the "Bigfoot" looks the same.
When the video first appeared and the "sleuths" did some digging they found pictures of Studio Drome's 2005 and 2006 parties. Supposedly said Bigfoot was one of the party goers... That site has since been shut down.

This video still has a big FAKE stamp on it for me.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
OMG i don't think he shook the camera enough i can still see the guy in a costume

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't have the time right now for a proper analysis, and I have never seen this footage before, but I wanted to point out a couple of things that jumped out at me upon watching it for the first time. First, the guy who uploaded the video has another video with the same bigfoot in it. It didn't look like a piece from the other clip, so that could be damning right there. Someone should look into that, and I will when I get time later as well.

Another thing that jumped out at me was the stringy straps hanging from the back of the creature. The higher up one actually looked like curly hair or fur, but the shagginess of the creature doesn't look authentic imo. All in all this deserves my full attention as it seems relatively genuine on the surface, and will take a bit more analyzing for me to draw a conclusion that I am 100% satisfied and confident with.

The animal also appears to lack shoulders when viewed from the front. If someone wanted to pull off a hoax, it would be easier to do if you could eliminate as much of the shape as possible, and padding the upper body like this really looks to add mass and make identification more difficult.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Where's the police report?

Did they file one? Also, man this is old.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Unlike the Nor Cal Patterson filming of a bigfoot walking away, I doubt anyone is going to stand still long enough to film a bigfoot crashing through the forest at them, esp a forest littered with obstructions making escape difficult. To me this is a well staged piece, fun to look at but not real.

Just to add for your enjoyment are these three stories (without visual evidence) from the general area...

This one
and from this story I can remember this part that I originally read in a local newspaper when it happened...

The newspaper I was reading carried a story about three men who were repairing a footbridge in the Golden Trout wilderness area of the Kern River for the U.S. Forest service. They were experienced woodsmen, one was a 60-year-old Mono Indian. They were frightened severely at dusk one evening by what they described as a nine-foot-tall hairy beast coming down a hillside at them screaming loudly. It was a classic Bigfoot sighting, except it was way out of the normal geographic range for sightings, since the Sierra Mountain range was not believed to be a typical Bigfoot area. They fired a shot over its head with a 30.06 rifle, and were so upset that they packed out to a Ranger Station that night and made a report to the ranger.

The ranger scoffed at them, and surmised that they had seen a bear or cougar. They replied that they knew what bear and cougars looked and sounded like, and that THIS creature was different. Way different! The ranger accompanied them the next morning to the sight and saw some large footprints in gravel, but nothing like a cast could be made from. I checked the day and place that these men said this happened and you guessed it, it was the same day that my brother and I heard this weird screaming howl, perhaps 5-8 miles away. I never reported this to anyone, but you can have this for your files and maybe if you piece enough of these small events together you can come up with a bigger picture. Good Luck!

This one is similar to other stories I've heard from that area before.

This one is the one that hit home, as it convinced me that what I saw but laughed off around the same time and place may have been a BF "nest". Up until seeing this story, I thought BF was only in the Pacific NW and not in the southern Sierras, and anyone seeing anything down here was either drunk or imagining it.

new topics

top topics

join